• Published 2nd Jun 2024
  • 756 Views, 71 Comments

Who Is That? - TheKing2001



When I asked to come visit Equestria, finding love was the last thing on my mind. But i guess Fluttershy was right, the world works in mysterious ways.

  • ...
6
 71
 756

Chapter XII

I stifled a yawn as I curled up more under the wing over me, my flank bumping against the mare next to me and I sighed contently before shifting to face Cloudchaser permanently.

“Good morning,” Cloudchaser said casually and tightened her wing around me.

“Morning,” I said in a dry voice before clearing my throat. “Morning. There, now my voice doesn’t sound like I’ve spend days in the desert without water.”

Cloudchaser chuckled and I kissed her forehead before wrapping my forelegs around her.

“What are you up to?” I asked and she nuzzled me. She had been to first to pass out after we got to the castle. Twilight and Spike had long since gone to bed. She had apparently been inside a few times for Hearths Warming and knew her way around, probably better than me. Okay, definitely better than me.

“Just watching you sleep and thinking,” Cloudchaser answered and smirked slightly. “You’re cute when you sleep. You also do a faint snoring but wasn’t too distracting. It was kinda adorable.”

“Thanks. You are too,” I shot back and brushed a hoof along her side. “You’re a quiet sleeper, no snoring. You do move around a bit till you decided using me as a pillow was preferred.”

“Are you complaining?” Cloudchaser teased and kissed my nose.

“No ma’am,” I commented and bit her neck with a smirk. “You can use me as a pillow anytime you want Miss Cloudchaser.”

“Excellent Miss Sunset,” Cloudchaser smiled back before licking my neck. I can almost guarantee none of my human friends would understand the whole licking or biting thing. Maybe Applejack or Fluttershy or Sweet Leaves or even Lyra maybe but not the others. Sure, some humans do the biting shit but not the licking neck thing. It’s basically a huge sign of affection for us ponies. You’re only really supposed to do it to ponies you’re serious about dating or very close friends with. “Because I plan to now.”

“Good,” I muttered and we both glanced at the door, finally noticing a blushing Twilight in the doorway. “Oh hey Twi.”

“H-hey,” Twilight circled her hoof on the floor and was bright red like a tomato. “I uh came to get you guys for breakfast but I can see you’re uhm busy so I’ll save you guys some waffles. Bye!”

Twilight zipped away with such speed that Rainbow would impressed by, slamming the door shut behind her.

“That happened,” Cloudchaser broke the silence and grinned at me. “Since she’s gone, wanna make out more or get breakfast?”

I kissed her in response, snickering slightly at the stunned expression on her face.

“I think that should answer your question,” I shot back with a smug grin and shifted my weight.

“Mhm,” Cloudchaser agreed and rested a foreleg on my shoulder. “You’re soft.”

“I take good care of myself,” I said simply and yawned. “What were you thinking about?”

“You,” Cloudchaser answered casually. “Rumble was asking about you. He invited me to go play with his friends today. He wanted me to ask if you would be coming too. Apparently he and a certain sister of mine were spying on us. Also the fact that I don’t really date often. So you’re clearly something special if I’m interested.”

“I’m down. Might as well beat you in whatever game they’re playing,” I teased with a grin. “And we can find a way to prank Flitter to get her back for spying.”

Cloudchaser matched my grin as I brushed her mane.

“I knew there was a reason I liked you.”

“Wow and here I thought it was my good looks and nice body,” I teased and she rolled her eyes.

“Those are definitely pointers but it’s more so your personality. You have a nice personality and that’s always a plus,” Cloudchaser explained and pulled the blankets tighter over us. “Now I’m going back to sleep for a few hours.”

“Okay,” I shrugged and nodded. “Same I guess. I’m comfortable and besides, your wing is soft as hell.”


“You know, I think we scarred Twilight for life,” I said and examined the fillies and colts running around the field in front of us.

“Or the next few days,” Cloudchaser agreed and tossed her water bottle next to her saddlebags on the ground. “Hey Rumble, this is Sunset Shimmer.”

A grey colt with a jet black mane had wandered up in front of us and Cloudchaser grinned, ruffling his mane with a hoof.

“Flitter and I watch him for his big brother occasionally. Rumble is a cool little dude,” Cloudchaser explained at my raised eyebrow. “He helped us in tornado duty.”

“Not that I did much,” Rumble grumbled and stared back at me. “I’ve heard a lot about you Miss Shimmer. Cloudchaser was talking about you nonstop when she was hanging out with me the other day.”

“Was she now?” I asked and bumped my flank against Cloudchasers. “What did she have to say?”

“That you were really cute and fun to be around and- mphm!” Rumble gagged as Cloudchaser shoved her hoof in his mouth with a bright red face.

“Don’t you finish that sentence mister,” Cloudchaser growled and I bit back a laugh. Cloudchaser removed her hoof and Rumble grinned slightly.

“It was pretty gross. Fillies are gross,” Rumble continued. “I mean, they have cooties and stuff I heard Button say a few months ago. He has Sweetie Belle after him. I’ve just been hiding from Dinky since then.”

“And what are you gonna do when you’re in high school?” I asked curiously and Rumble gave me a confused look. “You think you’re gonna be thinking girls are gross forever?”

“Am I gross?” Cloudchaser asked and Rumble shook his head. “Good.”

“No but you do kiss me too much. Girl mouth is gross,” Rumble gagged into his hoof. Cloudchaser tilted her head and we both smirked at each other.

“Hey Rumble,” I said casually and he glanced at me as Cloudchaser slowly leaned down. “You have something on your face.”

“I do? Probably leftover cake from lunch,” Rumble muttered and went wide eyed as Cloudchaser kissed his cheek with an exaggerated sound. “Ew, girl mouth!”

We both laughed as the colt took off running to a waiting group of colts and few fillies mixed in.

“Is Cloudchaser and her marefriend joining us Rumble?” A British voice called out and we both immediately turned bright red as Rumble glanced at us.

“Yeah sure,” Cloudchaser called back and we both started to trot over there. “What are we doing today?”

“Hide and Seek,” Rumble said simply. “We do teams though.”

“What?” I interjected and Cloudchaser shrugged. I never heard of anyone playing hide and seek like this ever in my life.

“There’s an event fourteen of us, excluding adults. I call Cloudchaser!” Rumble shouted, apparently already forgetting her kissing his cheek. “Sunset gets to lead the second team.”

“Hm,” I paused at a shy looking earth pony filly and stared at her. “You, what’s your name?”

“Uhm Lily. Lily Longsocks,” Lily answered hesitantly and I smiled slightly down at her.

“You’re on my team,” I announced and she gave me a bright smile.

“But Lily is the worst!” a pegasus colt said and I scowled at him with Cloudchaser matching my frown as lily’s face fell.

“Cool. I don’t care about winning, I care about her having a good time now what’s your name?” I demanded and stared down at him.

“Featherweight,” the scrawny looking pegasus answered.

“Featherweight. I don’t see you being chosen first or looking entirely impressive yourself so shove a hoof in it, would ya?” I grumbled and his eyes widened as Lily rubbed against my foreleg with a smile.


I levitated a bush up and sighed, dropping it again. I had some colts named Skeedadlee, Button Mash and Pipsqueak on my team along with Dinky, Kettle Corn and Lily.

“I don’t see anypony,” Skeedadlee commented. “Last one was Noi and she’s out on the bench. She was pretty annoyed.”

“I wish I could do magic like you,” Dinky stared up at my horn. “Amethyst teaches me here and there but she only knows the basics.”

“I’m certain Twilight wouldn’t mind,” I commented and paused, my ear flicking to my left at the sound of faint wings flapping. “You all hear that?”

“Mhm,” Lily whispered and stood next to me. She had practically been glued to my side ever since the start of the game.

“Why do you never get chosen first?” I asked as we passed by some fallen trees and Lily stepped to one.

“Because of this,” Lily answered and lifted one of the large trees with a single hoof and my eyes slightly widened. “Ponies think it’s weird, especially Diamond Tiara.”

“Dude, that’s sick. You could easily be a royal guard with strength like that. Might even be a captain of the guard,” I said as she gave me a confused look.

“You really think so?” Lily asked and I grinned down at her.

“Absolutely. Might even be guarding Twilight one day,” I winked and I gestured to a nearby bush and leaned closer. “There’s a pegasus inside. Either Rumble or Cloudchaser. Wanna get them?”

Lily nodded and jumped inside the bush, idly watching as Cloudchaser jumped out and she slowed to a trot to allow Lily to catch up.

She clearly forgot about me as I tackled her and she gave a gasp, rolling me with and Lily on top of her.

“Well,” I started as I stood above her with my forelegs holding her down and gazed down at Cloudchasers stunned expression. “Looks like we caught a bird. What should we do with her, Lily?”

“Nothing you can do with a kid around,” Cloudchaser muttered quietly and I had to strain to hear her. Even then, I barely heard a thing.

“I didn’t hear you. What?” I asked and Cloudchaser turned red enough to be considered a tomato.

“N-nothing!” Cloudchaser answered and I raised an eyebrow. “Honestly.”

“We can keep her?” Lily suggested and I gave a low laugh before leaning down to kiss Cloudchaser.

“Works for me,” I answered and Cloudchaser gave me a warm smile that made me feel warm and shit inside.

“Are you two dating?” Kettle Corn asked curiously and I quickly realized those on my team had been staring the whole time with wide eyes.

“Do you really know Princess Twilight?” Button Mash chimed in.

“And are you an element of harmony too like Princess Twilight said?” Dinky added and I nodded.

Cloudchaser and I maintained eye contact for a minute before we both nodded and I kissed her again.

“Yeah we are,” Cloudchaser answered and nuzzled me as Kettle Corn made a weird squeaking sound.

“Yes I know the princess. She’s my friend and yes, according to Twilight I represent Empathy. She did some weird test thingy on me,” I answered and the two gave me grins before bowing slightly. “Uh please don’t bow to me. I’m nothing special. I’m Sunset, not a princess. I don’t like being put up on a pedestal. Not anymore.”

“Wait she kissed her,” Rumble realized as he backpedaled in the sky with his wings. “Ew!”

Cloudchaser and I looked at him before we burst out laughing and I nuzzled her with a small smile.

“So dating huh?” I commented as we watched them start to chase after each other again. “Moving a bit fast there.”

“We can always slow it down if you want,” Cloudchaser answered and wrapped a wing around me as I curled up in a ball.

“Nah, this is fine. Haven’t had the title of girlfriend in a long time. It feels nice to have it from someone who I legitimately like,” I said and she chuckled. “I live over through the portal, you live here. How will that work?”

“I can’t ask you to leave anypony behind. You can always come visit and hell, maybe I could visit you one day. It’d be nice to see where my girlfriend lives,” Cloudchaser nudged me with a yawn.

“I’d like that,” I admitted after a moment. She had a point there about the whole visiting thing.

After all, I’m just a mirror away.

Author's Note:

Gonna do a story from Cloudchasers pov soon.