• Published 20th Jun 2024
  • 314 Views, 3 Comments

G5 Adventures in Space Buddies - ponydog127



The Mane 6 take the Pippsqueaks on their latest Unity Quest to Fernfield, which goes galactic as they, the Pippsqueaks and the Buddies are accidentally launched into space, and now they must get themselves and some new friends of theirs home.

  • ...
2
 3
 314

The Zephyr Heights Moon Festival

It had been a few weeks since the Mane 6's last Unity Quest in the mortal world, where the ponies and their mystery-solving friends got beamed into cyber-space, and together with their new Enchantix Wolf friends and their cyber-doubles, they managed to get through all the different levels, defeated a cyber version of Opaline AND defeated a nasty computer virus before returning home.

Even though they were on their hooves for most of that mission, it was still one that they were never going to forget.

But little did the Mane 6 know, there was another Unity Quest waiting for not only them, but some very special little friends of theirs as well.

Ever since their last Unity Quest adventure with the Mane 6, the Pippsqueaks, Glory, Seashell and Peach Fizz have felt closer than ever before to one another, and their parents were starting to get along better as well, making the three fillies that much happier.

One day, after running into Pipp Petals, the icon of all Equestrian icons, in town, the Pippsqueaks' parents revealed a special surprise to their daughters-- Pipp had talked about it with her friends, and they would love for the Pippsqueaks to join them in the Marestream that weekend as they went to the Zephyr Heights Moon Festival, held once every 10 years!

Of course, the Pippsqueaks couldn't be more excited to go spend time with the Mane 6 and to actually be close to Queen Haven in the royal box.

Little did they know that a brand-new adventure would be waiting just around the corner for them.

XXXXXXXX

“Now, are you girls sure you’re prepared for the big trip to Zephyr Heights?” Seashell’s mother, Ocean Silk asked the fillies as she, Solar Charge and Amethyst Charm walked the three of them to the Crystal Brighthouse for their trip. “You’ll be back late tonight, so I just wanna make sure you three will be okay until then.”

“Don’t worry, Mom-- Peach Fizz and Glory and I will be just fine,” Seashell reassured. “I’ve been to Zephyr Heights with them before, remember?”

“Oh, yes, I remember,” Amethyst nodded. “Solar Charge took the three of you to see Pipp in concert that one day.”

“But, you three are gonna stay in Zephyr Heights until late tonight. Like Ocean Silk said,” Solar Charge told the girls, “we wanna make sure you’re going to be okay. You’ve never been in Zephyr Heights after dark by yourselves before.”

“We won’t be by ourselves,” Glory reminded her father. “Sunny and the others are gonna be with us.”

“You know what I meant, firework.”

“Hey, guys!” Sunny greeted the trio and their parents as they neared the Marestream. “Are you fillies ready to go for the trip of your lives?”

“You bet we are!” Peach Fizz chirped. “This is gonna be so much fun!”

“Well, then you girls are in luck! We have fun everywhere at the festival!” Zipp smiled. “Now, get your stuff into the Marestream and we can get going.”

“Oh, bye, sweetie-hooves!” Amethyst said, kissing her daughter repeatedly. “Hey! Mom!” Peach Fizz groaned playfully. “Cut it out!”

“We’ll be waiting for you when you get back, firework,” Solar Charge said, booping his daughter on the nose. “Promise.”

“Have fun!” Ocean Silk waved to her daughter and her friends. “And listen to Sunny and the others!”

“We will!” Seashell called back as they entered the Marestream, and within a few minutes, they set off toward their destination.

XXXXXXXX

“Thanks for telling our parents that we could come with you guys tonight, Pipp,” Peach Fizz said to Pipp with a smile. “We’ve always wanted to go, but we never knew when the moon was gonna be closest to Equestria.”

“Aww, you’re welcome, girls!” Pipp said with a smile. “Mom is expecting us at the gates of Zephyr Heights, so we need to hoof it so we can make it on time.”

“Pipp, don’t forget-- I can’t push the Marestream too hard,” Zipp said to her sister sternly from the pilot’s seat. “If the lantern runs low on power, we’ll be falling from the sky quicker than a pegasus in a nose-dive!”

“Hey, I know what we can do while we wait to get there,” Misty said with a smile. “We can tell the Pippsqueaks about some of the missions we’ve been on lately!”

“Ooh, ooh! Have some of them been with Scooby and the gang?” Glory asked. “A few of them,” said Hitch, “but we’ve made a lot of new friends too. Like when we met the Jetsons… in the future!”

“The future?! No way!” Peach Fizz squealed. “You gotta tell us about it!”

“Okay, okay!” Zipp laughed before clearing her throat. “So, I called everypony to the Crystal Brighthouse to discuss a theory, when…”

XXXXXXXX

Only 30 minutes and one story later, they managed to arrive in Zephyr Heights, which was brightly decorated with lights and lanterns for the big Moon Festival, which had started after the sun went down, and the moon began to rise.

Queen Haven, like she said, was waiting for them when they arrived, and Pipp and Zipp were first to fly over to her. “Mom!”

“Oh, my angels! You’ve arrived!” Queen Haven said warmly. “Welcome, everypony, to the Zephyr Heights Moon Festival!”

“Greetings, Queen Haven,” Seashell said politely as she, Glory and Peach Fizz bowed to her. “I’m Seashell, and this is Peach Fizz and Glory.”

“Pipp invited us to the festival, and we couldn’t wait to meet you!” Peach Fizz said excitedly before she realized how fast she was speaking. “Sorry… I talk fast when I’m excited.”

“Oh, I’m so glad you fillies could come too!” Queen Haven said kindly. “Come on in, everyone-- I’ll give you the grand layout.”

Two guards opened the gates to the city, and the group was astounded to see all kinds of rides, games, snacks, craft booths and lanterns that gave off the essence of the moon festival. And as they walked, Queen Haven took the chance to explain what the festival was really all about. “And so… every ten years, when the moon reaches its closest point in Equestria, we throw a great big party to celebrate.”

Just then, a big decorative moon came rolling by and Zoom and Thunder screamed as they chased after it, catching the group's attention. Queen Haven felt embarrassed a bit before she recomposed herself and looked at Zipp and Pipp with a smile. “Oh, my daughters have always loved the Moon Festival.”

Pipp and Zipp looked at each other while Pipp raised an eyebrow at her sister, remembering when Zipp tied her to a balloon so they could fly up and get closer to the moon itself. “Correction… Zipp always loves the Moon Festival,” Pipp corrected with a sarcastic expression. “Me, haha… not so much.”

“And now, as it's the first Moon Festival since magic returned, we're putting on an extra special aerobatics finale featuring Zephyr Heights' finest flyers!” Queen Haven announced with excitement. “That sounds like a lot of fun!” Izzy chirped. “We definitely don’t wanna miss that, do we, ponies?”

“No way!” Seashell exclaimed with excitement in her voice. “Let’s go find our seats so we can get this party started!”

XXXXXXXX

A few minutes later, the group arrived at a room where Rufus was standing guard before moving the red waiting line out of the way. “Welcome to the royal box!” Queen Haven announced as the doors opened as it revealed a room with a balcony with the great view of the night sky with tables sets and a food buffet for the group to enjoy.

Needless to say... they were all VERY impressed. “Uh, quick question.” Izzy spoke as the others turned to her as she had the red waiting line on her while giving a fashionable expression. “Does this clash with my mane? Ooh!”

But suddenly, Rufus gave her a loook before snatching the waiting line away. “Wow, look at all these snacks!” Sunny exclaimed. “There must be enough here to feed a whole army of hungry ponies!”

“Man, Dad does NOT know what he’s missing out on!” Glory said as she snacked on some cucumber sandwiches. “He said my mom always loved the Moon Festival when it came around. In fact… I think that’s where they first became friends when they were my age!”

“Awww, so sweet,” Hitch smiled. “But, with your mom being gone, I’m sure he has a lot of bittersweet memories relating to the festival too.”

“...I never thought about it that way,” Glory said with a soft expression while looking at the moon. “I sure wish we could find a way to make him happy about the Moon Festival… and that we could remember this night forever.”

“Uh… Glory?” Peach Fizz pointed to Glory’s cutie mark. “I think that question is getting answered!”

When Glory looked down, she gasped-- her cutie mark was now glowing, as were the other Pippsqueaks' and the Mane 6's cutie marks, and this created a portal not too far away. “I guess your job as protectors of Equestria are never done,” Queen Haven said. “But, is it safe to bring the fillies?”

“I think so,” Sunny said. “They handled themselves pretty well the last time-- they even saved us from some pretty scary monsters.”

“And we can save you again if necessary!” Seashell said. “Let’s go go go see what adventure is waiting for us!”

“See you soon, Mom!” Zipp said before they jumped into the portal one by one before it closed and as Queen Haven waved farewell, bidding the group good luck on their next adventure.