• Published 3rd Dec 2012
  • 489 Views, 10 Comments

The dream of Equestria - Astarea



What if the way into Equestria has some rules... rules that lead to unforseen consequences?

  • ...
7
 10
 489

Linked Duality

A few hours have passed. Although merging with a star does make time flow differently. Let me rephrase to faithfully express what I was feeling. A few eons have passed. Eons are an interesting measure of time – one cannot imagine what an eon feels like. Unless one is an alicorn, to which eons can pass like minutes. It feels like seeing a supernova being born, in the alicorns case – giving birth to supernovas.

Alicorns are such a weird race. They seem immortal, unmoving. Sounds like a certain star, which I was fused with. The sun. Seemingly it’s eternal, burning for time immeasurable with the power of billions of celestial spells. But it cannot sustain itself forever. A time may pass when a sun burns out and dies.

Now alicorns, they also seem immortal, eternal. But like a sun, an alicorns heart burns for a long time with the same power a sun does. It also has a limited lifespan, although there is not another being that can see it in perspective.

But there’s another thing that the sun and an alicorn share. A sun can die unnaturally by being sucked up by a black hole. The same can happen with an alicorn. Darkness can be born in one’s heart. The darkness slowly consumes the alicorn, changing it from inside out, twisting its beliefs and reasoning. It has happened before.

Nobody truly knows what it was, which planted the seed of darkness inside of Luna. At first Celestia was skeptical, figuring it to be a hard period in the younger alicorns life. It was a surprise for her, when from her beautiful sister a monster was born, threatening everything that she and Luna stood for.

So Celestia was forced to act. She had to take the precious artifacts. The same artifacts that not a thousand years before, helped to defeat the Discord. And now they were being used to cleanse Luna from the Lunacy. But Celestia overlooked one fact – that her sister was also a bearer of the Elements. Unable to side in the conflict, the Elements did one think they could – they banished Luna to the moon, saving the conflict till proper bearers emerge and breaking Celestia’s heart in the process.

There was a time when Celestia was in doubt and the darkness tried to bloom in her heart. But one thing kept her going through the ages as she watched and protected her ponies – that she might once again be reunited with her sister.
I understood all this, as all the feelings and events played in Celestia’s and my mind. And at some point I began to doubt myself – am I a human dreamed himself into Celestia; or am I just a fragment of the alicorn, given free thought to keep company during the lonely millennium.

But I was brought out of my misery by the sun. It rose by itself, freed from Nightmare Moon’s spell. I knew it was time to act. I released myself from the Sun’s hold and traveled as a beam of sunlight to the Everfree Castle’s ruins.

‘Indeed you do’ – I said as the sun rose from the horizon. I manifested myself in my best regal pose. I took in the sight before me as five mares before me bowed and the purple unicorn approached me and nuzzled to my neck.

‘Princess Celestia!’ – She exclaimed and Celestia beamed with pride as she responded – ‘Twilight Sparkle, my faithful student’ and nuzzled her back. ‘I knew you could do it!’

‘But, you told me it was an old pony’s tale!’ – She replied with doubt.

‘I told you to make some friends, nothing more.’ – I corrected her – ‘I saw the signs of Nightmare Moon’s return and I knew it was you who had the magic inside to defeat her. But you could not unleash it until you let true friendship inside your heart. Now if only another will as well’ – I explained while turning to Celestia’s long lost sister.

‘Princess Luna’ – I addressed her, overwhelmed with the positive emotions coming from Celestia. – ‘It has been a thousand years since I have seen you like this. Time to put our differences behind us. We were meant to rule together, little sister.’ – I announced and the mares behind me gasped in shock as they struggled to accept that this was Celestia’s sister. – ‘Will you accept my friendship?’ – I asked.

There was a tense moment as Luna understood the chance and she ran to me, nuzzling to me with tear in her eyes. Celestia’s emotions mixed with mine and tears appeared in my eyes.

‘I’m so sorry! I missed you so much, big sister!’ – She apologized.

‘I missed you too!’

The heartwarming moment didn’t last long. But I would have more time to spend with Luna when we returned to Canterlot. Suddenly the pink mare shouted something about a party and we quickly found ourselves in Ponyville, pulled on the chariot in which I was supposed to arrive, where I watched with pride as Luna was accepted by the town’s ponies.

But I saw that not everypony was overjoyed. My faithful student had doubts about leaving her newfound friends. So I asked Spike to take a note, assigning Twilight to her studies of Friendship and assigning her as the new town librarian.

With that done, we quickly asked the guards to pull us back to Canterlot and we departed with the capital in mind. After arrival, I quickly smuggled Luna to my bedroom, to avoid any staff seeing her.

Author's Note:

Sorry about the abrupt end, but I don't think I have it within me to finish this story.

I had great plans for it but I quickly lost all heart. It is simply a topic that's too hard to touch.
I can't make up a good Celestia when I don't really like her because of some stories.

That's why I'm going to read more Celestia-related stories and perhaps then. when I gain
better understanding of her character, I will return and "resurrect" this story.

Once again, sorry.
Fragnostic.