• Published 3rd Dec 2012
  • 489 Views, 10 Comments

The dream of Equestria - Astarea



What if the way into Equestria has some rules... rules that lead to unforseen consequences?

  • ...
7
 10
 489

Talk (Cancelled)

Once we arrived in my chambers, I ordered the guards to keep everypony out. I turned to look at Luna, comparing her to memories that Celestia has of her. The first thing I noticed after taking a proper look at her, is her size, she is so small, just like she was when she and Celestia played under the watchful gaze of their mother, without a care in the world. Ah, those were the good times.

I was brought out from my reminiscing by a gentle cough, that I could have possibly missed.

'Sister... Your room... It looks exactly like it did in the old palace.' - said Luna gently.

I quickly found Celestia bringing up images to the front of my mind and a reason why it is so.

'Yes... I felt the need to have a... constant. It has been a long thousand years for the both of us.' - I replied as gently as Luna before. - 'Having a reminder of the days before helped me remain sane.'

She hung her head and in a breaking voice muttered 'A thousand years...'

I couldn't take it anymore and quickly gathered her in a desperate hug, trying to relay the feelings of the great love that I felt for the only one that could ever understand me truly, the one that shares my joy and pain as we travel along the same path. But also conveying that I am also ashamed, as I bear the fault as equally as Luna does for that one simple mistake that broke our bond for so long.

'Sister...' - she starts and I look at her, waiting for her acceptance. - 'I am... sorry once again... and I also forgive you. I had a long time to ponder, trapped in my body along with my alter ego. I should have realized that the way I have chosen would not bring our ponies closer to me. In fact it probably pushed them away. Do you think they still remember me? Do they know who guards the night?'

'Sadly, no. I was forced to slowly erase your disappearance and blame it onto Nightmare. But facts became legends, legends became myth and now Nightmare Moon remains as a boogeymare. I plan to reintroduce you to our little ponies and have you come back to ruling alongside me.' - I say.

As I explain it to her, she starts to tremble, so in order to calm her down, I tighten my hug and she slowly relaxes again. Finally, she gathers enough strength to give me a reply.

'I do not think 'tis such a good idea, sister. Perhaps it would be best if we... gave some time to both of us, to get us used to each other. And for me to learn how Equestria has changed... in my... absence' – she explains and I'm forced to agree.

'Very well, let's take this one day at a time, after all, we have all the time in the world for ourselves.' – I reply enthusiastically.

Luna shifts a bit in my embrace and a frown marks her face.

'Sister, I have been meaning to ask for some time, but... even if it has been a thousand years... you should not have changed so much... yet there is something off about your presence...' - she slowly comes out of the embrace and backs off a bit. - 'Sister! Do you have an alter ego within yourself?' - She exclaims.

I sit within the mind of Celestia and realize that if anyone would have detected my presence here, it would have been Luna. Yet Luna's question brings up unease within me. Am I just an ego as I thought? Or am I really an observer from outside? I sense that control shifts and Celestia takes reigns.

'No.' - I hear myself say, through her mouth. - 'It is not an alter ego. It's... something else. But do not fret, Little Lulu, I sense that it has best intentions and I quite enjoyed its company since it arrived the day before yesterday'

I am quite surprised that she knew, but hey, I guess it does seem kind of obvious. Luna on the other hand (hoof?), grasps onto something else.

'Lulu... How long since it has been, since I heard that silly name, Tia?'

Author's Note:

These are the titbits that I found in my documents folder.
Let me remind you the story is cancelled and it won't be taken up.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment