• Published 3rd Jul 2013
  • 477 Views, 12 Comments

Two-World Collision - BRony Engine



After being saved, Robert Maine meets a mysterious purple-haired girl with magical powers. Together, both team up to face a major enemy who threatens the existence of both their worlds, Discord.

  • ...
6
 12
 477

Prologue: An Approaching Threat to Equestria

Beyond Earth, beyond the outer reaches of the Solar System, is a world that is far different from ours.
As Humans, we do not have a clear perception of how said world may be, what it looks like, nor what creatures inhabit it. But we can only interpret the world, regardless of distance.
For even though we may never explore it, we have our imaginations to present a collision between the two, whether it be science or magic, good or evil, reality and a dream, there is only the imaginative assumption that allows us to wonder who is drifting out there within the deep space between the stars.

The room was dark, as dark as it could get in the late night. The only light came from the moonlight, which beamed in through the open balcony doorway and the space between the bedroom door to the hallway, which showed significance of shadows that belonged to the guards standing outside and those walking through the hall. The bed was left undone with the imprint of a large equine creature left behind. It was no mistake that Princess Celestia was awake at an unusual hour.

The princess stared aimlessly at the blank wall parallel to her bed, thinking constantly without any consideration of stopping. Something had awoken her in the late evening, haunting and circling her mind as it filled with insecurity. Something was frightening Celestia, giving her no clue on what it was or why it bothered her. She was only certain that the feeling gave a sense that something inevitable was coming, something tragic.
"Sister?" Asked the dark blue alicorn with a worried facial expression. Celestia turned her head to see her sister, Princess Luna, standing in the balcony doorway, which peered out into the night sky.
"You may enter." She permitted softly as her head turned back towards the wall.
"We had begun to worry about you." Luna explained as she walked into the darkened bedroom."We were planning to visit whilst thou dreamed. T'was then we realized-"
"You don't need to use the Canterlot voice when we're alone, Luna." The white alicorn interrupted.
"Oh, why of course. We- I mean, I forgot that tradition was no longer necessary." Luna apologized."As I was saying, I was planning to visit you while you were dreaming, to see how you were doing. T'was only after I tried and couldn't get in, I realized that there was no dream to enter, which gave me note that you were awake."
"That I was-" Celestia paused for correction, "That I am."
"'Tia,I've known you well long enough to know that the only time you would be awake at such a late hour is only when you're troubled."
"Yes." The princess agreed softly, now looking down at her hooves.
"Then tell me, what troubles my dear sister?" Luna finally asked. She received only a mere sigh as she saw Celestia turn around with exhausted posture, looking at her tired eyes and slightly messy mane.
"Something is coming, Luna." Celestia answered with slight fear."Something of great threat to our world."
"If that is the case, then I shall alert the guards and contact the elements to come to Canterlot immediately."
"It won't be of any use, sister. What is coming is virtually unstoppable, and far beyond our will of power."
"What is coming, Celestia?".
"I do not know," she answered regretfully, "but all I am able to tell you is that it will not begin in Equestria."
"Then where is it to begin?" The night princess asked desperately. As Luna looked at her sister, she began to notice that Celestia was pointing her snout to the night sky. She then looked in the same direction.
"Deep in the stars, sister." The sun princess answered. "Where a threat to another world will soon become a threat to ours as well."

TWO-WORLD COLLISION