• Published 2nd Jan 2013
  • 529 Views, 8 Comments

New Musician In Town - Dulcet



Ponyville is rocking lately! Auditions for a solo part for an upcoming concert has spewed across town. Twilight and her friends agree to participate in the auditions to get the soloist part, but only one pony will prevail. Who will it be?

  • ...
 8
 529

Impressing the Judge

Jazz walked around Ponyville, wondering which pony to meet up with first. At the distance, he spotted Twilight’s house, not noticing a disgruntled Twilight making it back to her house and slamming the door. As Twilight headed upstairs, she heard a knocking sound on her door. She gradually walked down stairs to answer the knock on the door.

“Jazz? I guess I am the first pony you will be spending time with?” Twilight asked.

“You got it. I was just wandering around Ponyville and just saw your house at the distance. So I decided I might as well see you first. I hope I’m not interrupting anything important,” said Jazz.

“No. Not at all, actually. Aha, if there is one thing you want to know about me, it’s that I love to practice my magic!” gleamed Twilight. Twilight grabbed a stack of books in her library and sat them down on her desk. “Here, watch this.” Not even breaking a sweat, Twilight swirled the books around in the air in an orderly fashion.

“Woww.. That is amazing! Do you know more spells instead just moving objects around in the air like that?” Jazzcuriously requested.

Twilight placed all the books back in their rightful place in the library. “Of course, Jazz. I can turn an apple into an orange if that’s something you’d like to see.”

Jazz’s eyes sparkled in fascination. “Hmm, an apple turning into an orange? Now that’s something I’d pay to see.”

Twilight then grabbed an apple from the desk and placed it on the counter. Biting her lip, Twilight placed her hooves on the ground and began to concentrate on the apple. Jazz watched observantly, wondering what was about to happen. All of a sudden, POOF! And there on the counter, it wasn’t an apple anymore, it now turned into a fresh orange.

Jazz’s eyes bulged. He was completely amazed by this phenomenon. “Bravo! Bravo! I surely would want to see more magic tricks from you, but I better get going to see the other ponies. Thanks for having me!”

“Hehe, no problem Jazz. It’s nice having some company, every once and a while.” Twilight responded, waving her hoof goodbye to Jazz as he left her home.

With Twilight off the list, Jazz now wondered who should be the next pony he should hang out with. As he galloped aimlessly in town, he noticed music being played in the background. Following the sound of the music, Jazz found himself in front of Pinkie Pie’s house. Knocking on the door, Pinkie Pie opened the door with some confetti spurting out from her home.

“Hey there, Jazz! Did you come here to party along with me?!” Pinkie Pie jumped up and down and looked upon Jazz.

“Why yes. Yes I did. You are the next pony who I have come to meet up with!” he answered.

Pinkie Pie squeaked in excitement and placed a party hat on Jazz’s head. “Yay! A party is always better with two ponies instead of one!”

Jazz laughed. “You sure are a hyper pony, aren’t you. I also heard music coming from here, but now I don’t hear any at all. Where was that music coming from?”

Pinkie Pie continued hopping in excitement. “Oh, the music you were hearing was just me, playing 10 instruments all at once!”

Jazz didn’t know whether what he heard was true. Pinkie Pie then appeared as a one-pony band, with all the instruments attached to her and began playing humorously. Jazz clapped his hooves and whistled in excitement. He’s seen talented ponies play the piano, play the guitar, and even play the ukulele, but never did he see a pony that can play 10 instruments all at once. “That is terrific, Pinkie Pie! That is a special gift you have there. Maybe, I should invite you to play a solo in one of my concerts with those instruments you gathered there!”

“You got it!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed. She began blowing on her instruments and marched around her home. Even Gummy was in the groove to march along with her.

“You sure are a playful pony to hang around with, but I best be going. I still have to meet up with your other pony friends,” said Jazz.

“Okie dokie loki!” she giggled while still marching around her home with Gummy by her side.

As Jazz left the premise of Pinkie Pie, he is surprisingly tackled to the ground by some pony. As he looked up to see who the mystery pony was, it was Rainbow Dash.

“Oh sorry there, Jazz. Haha, learning a new trick,” Rainbow Dash said, dusting the dirt and dust off her wings. Jazz got up on his own hooves and wiped the dirt off his back. “Wait a minute, you perform tricks as well?”

“Of course. If there’s one thing you need to know about me, it’s that I love performing outstanding, spectacular tricks! Ever seen a pony perform a Sonic Rainboom before?” inquired Rainbow Dash, grinning boldly and holding her head high.

“You mean THE Sonic Rainboom? That’s suppose to be one of the hardest tricks one pony can ever do, and YOU can do it? Totally awesome! Give it a go! THIS, I gotta see.”

Jazz waited patiently and watched Rainbow Dash sky-rocket up into the air. Then, all of a sudden, KABLOOM! Up in the sky, Jazz saw a ring of clouds. The colors up on the sky were everywhere: blue, red, green, purple, everything. He was amazed, shocked, excited, many emotions put together, and soon Rainbow Dash came landing down to the ground. “Impressed?” inquired Rainbow.

“Am I ever! If only stuff like that happened at the concerts where I perform at!” cheered Jazz.