• Published 5th Jan 2013
  • 5,962 Views, 292 Comments

The Hunter's Heart - Silentpegasus



Cross Hair, a grey unicorn stallion is badly injured by a timberwolf encounter. He wakes up days later to find that he is being cared for by a yellow pegasus mare. What will happen when this hunter falls prey to his emotions?

  • ...
14
 292
 5,962

Epilogue

Epilogue

Seven years later.

Cross Hair was walking with Fluttershy through town with a small Pegasus colt and a unicorn filly trotting beside them. The young colt was grey with a light red mane while the filly was bright yellow and had a long brown mane that hung over her face. Beside them was a three foot tall brown wolf cub. The foals walked along side the wolf who was panting as the sun hit it's dark hazelnut coat. The two were soon joined by Rainbow Dash and Applejack.

“Hey you two. What’s up?” The farmer asked.

“Not much, just taking these two to the park.” Cross said with a smile. "How are the other pups doing?"

"They getting bigger by the day." Applejack said with a smile. "Last time ah checked Ace and Winowna were napping in the barn."

"That's good to hear." Fluttershy said with a smile.

“Can Iron fly yet?” Rainbow asked as she looked at the shy colt.

“He can hover for a few seconds and Lilly can levitate a book.” Fluttershy said with a smile.

“Hey I held it up for over a minute!” The filly stammered.

“Lilly, don’t talk to your mother that way.” Cross said as he looked at the yellow filly.

“Sorry daddy.” Lilly said as she lowered her head.

“It’s okay. After we’re done at the park we’ll stop by the library and get some books from Aunt Twilight. Alright?”

“YAY!” Lilly said as she hopped up and down.

“Well she’s got your spunk. Looks like she is learning from you.” Applejack said with a smile.

“Learn? You don’t teach that AJ. That’s just genetic.” Cross said with smile.

“Wish I could be that brave.” The colt said as he hung his head low. Fluttershy put a wing on his shoulder and smiled. The group arrived at the park and set down the picnic blanket on the crisp green grass. Cross watched as his children played and his beautiful wife smile at them. Cross let out a sigh and put a hoof on Fluttershy’s shoulder and watched as his family enjoyed the afternoon.

For the first time in a long time Cross felt at peace, he’d finally found a home.

THE END

Author's Note:

Alright Finally done! Hope you all enjoyed my longest fic to date! I'd like to thank all those who gave their support.

Comments ( 38 )

That was amazing. :pinkiehappy:

Beautiful.....absolutely beautiful work here done, my friend! :pinkiesad2:
5 out of 5 mustaches
:moustache: :moustache: :moustache: :moustache: :moustache: / :moustache: :moustache: :moustache: :moustache: :moustache:

Nice:eeyup: and great, one thing is bothering me, what about the pups that Winona is going to have?:rainbowhuh:

2444349 One of the saddest moments in Anime history!

Well done, Silent, my friend:twilightsmile:

You're amazing, really. Please continue writing! Forever maybe? Great ending by the way.

Great story :twilightsmile: So much hellsing though xD

Short and sweet, just like this review:raritywink:. :yay::yay::yay::yay:.5/5

I must say, an excellent job! Well done, my good sir! There is ,however, a question that I must address. I was hoping, if it were possible, that I might be able to edit the story and fix some errors as I re-read it. If I can't, that's perfectly understandable. Have an eccentric day, and I do hope that you continue writing! :twilightsmile: 5/5

short and sweet 99/100

That was breathtaking!
Is there any chance for a sequel? (If not then that is fine)

noooo the one thing must be answered...how is ace handling fatherhood?

Read the whole fic over a day and a bit. Loved it, nice job. :twilightsmile:
A few spelling/grammatical errors here and there but I'm shit myself so I can't complain. :facehoof:

I felt as if Spike feeling uneasy around Cross wasn't completely explained, that said it's not actually an issue.
Also, I want to know how Ace is handling fatherhood :pinkiehappy:

Great work, would love to see a sequel sometime or something. I think most would :P

I enjoyed the story greatly

This may've been the greatest fanfic I've ever read! The pacing was perfect, the climax had an unexpected twist, and the character progression was on par with full length novels! It saddens me this story had to come to a close but again this story was absolutely amazing!
6 / 5 stars..!

awsome

:rainbowderp:javascript:smilie(':rainbowderp:');

I think that this story should not recieve a sequal, not because its a bad story. Its just that it had a perfect ending to it and who could possibly take up this story and make a sequal just as good or better, i mean come on. All and all i give this a 9/10 for the great story line and the romance action and adventure, but the part where you didnt really explained why spike didnt like cross in full detail. But very amazing story!!!!!!!

3927210 I don't plan on making a sequal for this.

One of the first story i red on fimfiction.net and the best in my opinion! I think i will read it again!

If you make a sequel, then I say do it like, 16 to 20 years from the ending. Have it revolve around the kids and the pups. With how good this was I think you could pull off a sequel just as amazing. Oh, and 9 outta 10, and I don't give that high of a rating lightly. Keep up the good work my friend!

4343616 No sequel. Best to let sleeping dogs lie.

5029171 I've considered the concept.

5030056 It'd be an interesting read. Also, I noticed that you gave each of the mane 6 a shipfic, except for Pinkie Pie

5033912 She's next after I'm done with 'Tears of Fire'

Yayy great story :DDDD

OKAY!!!!!! IV ABOUTE HAD IT!!!!!!! ANYONE ELSE NOTICE THAT THERE IS A MTG SARKHAN REFERENCE

5988513 I have no idea what that is.

5990218
Well it is a multi verse...... Its to hard to explain just look up MTG sarkhan and you'll see that there the same
Person well almost I was just pointing out this I am a MTG fan so I thought this was funny cross and sarkhan
I also very much enjoyed the book and would love a second :)
O

5034573
Also SECOND BOOK PLEASE I LOVE THIS AWSOME READ

OK silent I want more books like this and I challenge everyone to come up with better
Story's its getting hard to find a good read

5990218 Once again an amazing story mate

Another Great Story!!!

I'm being completely honest right now every time I saw that he had his blue eye during a fight MEGALOVANIA would play in the background #TheyHadABadTime

Login or register to comment