• Published 22nd Feb 2013
  • 737 Views, 16 Comments

The Impossible Journey Part 1: The First Encounter - Decimatore123



Jake is a powerful and strong career military pilot. But after crash landing on a strange world, he must find a way to escape back to his homeworld.

  • ...
3
 16
 737

Prologue: A Brief History

Prologue: A Brief History

EDI_historical_archives File No: 88829
Subject: Astro anomalies File status: Classified
Location: Human resistance outpost 3

A journey to Equestria, by all physical and logical means this kind of trip should be impossible. At least that's what I thought until I found myself there, quite by accident you might say, but this part of the journey is not about me. Sadly I was not the first human to set foot in this wonderful world, but rather one of my pilots beat me to it. If I told you my perspective first, the story wouldn't make sense in all honesty, besides I honestly found his side of the story to be much more interesting, if only he knew what was in store for him. After my journey I believed his story and wished to have him submit to a memory examination that only I would see, this is his story.

Our story begins in the year 2122, it has been two years since the development of the slip space drive. This piece of technology allowed mankind to travel millions of miles in under a few seconds at the touch of a button. With the development of this technology it finally brought mankind to unite itself as they began to colonize the vast void of space. Many colonies were established within a short period of time on far away worlds, and their armies only grew, they were no longer known by their countries but simply as E.D.I Earth Defense Initiative. Sadly even though unity was on earth, some of the colonies seemed to disagree, and began to rebel against EDI. A terrorist group was formed and abused the chaos for personal gain, lead by a man simply known as “the Snake.” They began to terrorize the most distant colonies using guerrilla tactics frustrating E.D.I’s military staff. Even with defense stations in place he had the firepower and the tech to break through them. I was at this time demoted from commander to sergeant because I failed to defend a colony known as Utopia against over whelming odds. I chose to put the people first and save their sorry butts from certain destruction at the expense of the EDI armed forces. So some other lunatic was leading my armies so I had no say in this matter, and the Snake had chosen to strike the planet Irentos.

By the time our forces showed up on the scene the station had already taken a serious beating: most of its defensive systems were offline, its shields were down, and had multiple hull breaches. Our fleets went into engage but we underestimated the Snake. He had reinforcements waiting for us just one system away. More ships came bursting forth from the black void. Eventually command saw this planet as a lost cause after two days of fighting. The retreat order was given near the end of the second day, only one capitol ship remained six frigates, and five fighter divisions remained out of the many ships that were sent in from the earth defense fleets. Among the five fighter divisions was one in particular known as the “Night Hawks” In Earth’s fleets there are three squads I would rank the most dangerous Night Hawks rank number two. They were led by a man named Jacob Samuel Fischer, a brilliant pilot and skilled squad leader, and he’s what this part of the story is all about