• Published 31st Jan 2012
  • 1,280 Views, 14 Comments

Growing up - aham50

  • ...
1
 14
 1,280

Chapter 4

Outside Twilight's house

Twilight noticed that Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo had been talking for a long time, and decided to check on them. She opened the door, and noticed a lonely Scootaloo, her head on the ground, crying into her hooves.

"Oh my, what happened?" Twilight questioned. Scootaloo perked her head up and Looked at Twilight. She jumped up and hugged her and started to cry more.
"I asked a dumb question!" she cried to Twilight.
"Where is Rainbow Dash?" She asked.
"I asked a dumb question, and she flew away!"
"It's okay, I'm sure it wasn't a dumb question. What did you ask her?"
"Do your parents know..." Twilight thought for a moment, and realized she had never met, or even heard of Rainbow Dash's parents. Could her question have been emotionally sparking? Twilight felt the need to find Rainbow Dash, and console her, but she had no idea where she could have gone.
"Scootaloo, I'm sure she is fine, just give her some time. She's Rainbow Dash, remember?"
"I don't know how she will ever forgive me."
"Of course she will forgive you. She is the element of loyalty after all." Twilight gave Scootaloo a strong hug, and placed her on her back.
"We need to get you home," Twilight noted.
"I wish I had a home, somewhere where I could have a family," Scootaloo whimpered. Twilight didn't know how to respond.
"But the orphanage is your home!" Twilight said encouragingly.
"It is NOT a home! It doesn't have a caring mother to look after you, it doesn't have a loving father, who raises you to be your best! All it has, are ponies that are in the same situation as me! Lost..." Twilight was stunned from the sudden outburst of anger and sadness. Scootaloo soon began her sobs again.
"Listen, Scootaloo... The orphanage is a place, where you can live. It's a place, where you can be loved. You have friends that love you. Are they not family?"
"Well... They are, and I love them, but they aren't the thing I am looking for." She paused, to take a breath from her sobs.
"But for now, I guess they will have to do."
"Trust me Scootaloo, you could be in a much worse position right now. It's good to have friends that care for you. After all Friendship is magic!"
"Your'e right Twilight! Friendship is magic!"
"That's the spirit, now we need to get you to bed." Relieved, that Scootaloo had finally come to her senses, Twilight walked with her on her back, to the orphanage. Scootaloo rested on Twilight's back as they walked to the orphanage. When they arrived at the door, they were greeted by the caretaker.
"Oh my, Scootaloo! I've been so worried! I'm so glad you're O.K.!" the caretaker was very glad to see her strongest Pegasus was alright.
"Can you give us a moment, I want to talk to Twilight," Scootaloo asked.
"Of course," the generous caretaker allowed the two ponies some time.
"Twilight, thanks for reminding me about what is important, sometimes I just can't help but get worked over when I think of my Parents."
"It's quite alright, sometimes, us ponies can get worked up over silly things." Twilight couldn't help but think of the time when she had nearly caused everyone to go crazy over her doll.
"Thank you so much!" Scootaloo jumped and gave Twilight a big hug.
"Anything I can do to help, is always happily obliged."
"Goodnight Twilight."
"Goodnight Scootaloo."