• Published 2nd Feb 2012
  • 866 Views, 22 Comments

Guardian of the Light - DawnCrusade



Wryn plans to save Equestria, but he has a run-in with a pony earlier than planned. . .

  • ...
3
 22
 866

Retaliation

Chapter Four: Retaliation

Wryn charged up his avatar as he swung his fist at the cloaked enemy, his punch connected with his foe's chest, knocking him into the air, where Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy began their attack.

"Let's teach this guy a lesson about what happens when you laugh at us!" Dash yells, flying in a deadly circle around the enemy.

"Yeah!" cheered Fluttershy, as she joined in creating a deadly vortex with Dash, their wings working like a reaper's scythe.

Their foe hits the ground with a thud as Wryn, Applejack, and Pinkie charge into him with their avatars, "Taste hoof ya jerk!" Applejack growls, neatly delivering a punch into the enemy.

Pinkie pops up behind the cloaked figure with a gleam in her eyes, "Would you like a suprise?" she shouts as she punches him between her and Applejack.

Wryn then uppercuts the dark figure in the jaw sending him sprawling on the ground, "Twilight! Rarity! Your time to shine!" he yells.

"With pleasure!" screams Rarity, encasing their enemy in a crystalline prison while shredding him with razor sharp stones. Within the stone chaos breaks out as Twilight uses her elemental powers to beat down the evil monstrosity.

"That's enough!" roars the voice of their enemy, "I thought I could mercifully wipe out your pathetic lives, but it seems I need to do this the messy way!" The crystal prison shatters as the enemy lets out a blastwave of dark energy, knocking everyone back.

"H-How are you still alive?" shouts Twilight, questioning their foe's resistance to their attacks.

"You think you could defeat Irxion, the general of our Dark Lord? Pitiful fools!" says Irxion.

"No way, he sent a general to fight us?" thought Wryn as he tried to think of the reasons for this happening.

"We'll just have to hit him harder then!" shouted Dash, "Let's go Fluttershy, we can take this guy!" as they began to circle around Irxion again.

"Annoying little flies!" Irxion laughed maniacally, "Let us see how you fly without your precious wings!" Dark tendrils spread out from Irxion's body and swatted the two pegasi out of the air with a sickening crack.

Screams from both of them reverberated throughout Wryn's skull, "You will pay!" he shouted, Applejack and Pinkie joining him in his charge towards Irixion.

"Oh please, you are all insignificant compared to me!" Irxion laughs, batting the trio aside and breaking their avatars.

Twilight and Rarity step forward and begin to launch attacks at him, "You will fall like the demon you are!" yells Rarity.

A blast of dark energy radiates from Irxion, knocking everyone back again, and neutralizing the attacks coming from the unicorns, "Can't do anything without energy can you?" Irxion mocks as he saps the energy from Twilight and Rarity, leaving them incapacitated. "Now to purify this land in darkness!" Irxion maniacally screams, charging an orb of dark matter in his hand.

"I shall not let history repeat itself!" roars Wryn, "And I will not let my friends down, not after I promised to protect them!" Wryn's avatar reforms around him, "Strength comes not only from oneself, but from his friends as well!" he shouts out to his friends using telepathy. Six orbs of light come forth from his friends, uniting into a multicolored flame that glows brightly on his forehead, Wryn's avatar changes from a pale yellow, to a blinding white, and he opens his eyes which glow sapphire blue. "Your existance ends here spawn," says Wryn, "The pain you have caused to these innocent ponies has doomed you." Raising up his hand, Wryn forms a sword out of the light surrounding him, the sword is fractured down the center and near the hilt is a swirling vortex, "Judgement falls on you today!" he shouts. Wryn moves swiftly, flashing in different directions before ending up behind Irxion, cutting him in two. Irxion turns to dust, which is sucked into his sword's vortex, Wryn releases his avatar, the light spreading over his friend's bodies, rejuvinating them and healing their wounds.

Celestia and Luna reappear onstage, "We finished evacuating, how did the fight go?" asked Luna.

"I never thought he was so desperate as to send out a general to scout a new world, he must be at wit's end trying to eliminate me," said Wryn, letting out a sigh of relief that none of his friends were killed. "You guys did great for your first fight, but we might need to get in a tad more training for cases such as these," Wryn says.

"Well I guess that means we aren't out of the woods yet?" inquires Twilight.

"You betcha', we just turned one of his generals to dust, he's probably furious and is sending out more troops as we speak," Wryn explains as he stands up. "We need to fortify our position, it'll only get tougher from here on out," he says, making a point, "And I have an idea on how we can do that."