• Published 1st May 2024
  • 126 Views, 4 Comments

Equestria Marching Girls - beatlestributeman



This series takes place in an Alternate Universe where the Equestria Girls characters are in their high school marching band and therefore Equestria doesn’t exist.

  • ...
 4
 126

Home Practice

Sunset Shimmer was getting ready to indulge in one of her favorite past times: tuba practice for marching band. She had her sousaphone assembled and placed it over her shoulder.

After taking a breath, Sunset blew a few notes into her sousaphone. Then she got her cellphone and opened a metronome app which she used to keep time while playing. She started marching in place along with the rhythm of the metronome before playing a G scale on her sousaphone. Then a B Flat scale. Then a C Scale. Then an F scale. Sunset could play the tuba very well. After all she had been playing since 3rd grade and was a tuba prodigy. It was then that Sunset heard her doorbell ring.

She went to the door and opened before seeing her best friend Twilight Sparkle on the other side smiling. Twilight was also a tuba prodigy as she’d been playing since she was in 3rd grade as well.

Sunset smiled, “Hey, Twilight.”

“Hey, Sunset,” Twilight waved in response.

Sunset noticed that Twilight had a sousaphone case beside her.

“Did you come here to practice with me?” Sunset asked her tuba playing friend.

“I sure did,” Twilight spoke. “Sorry I came on such short notice.”

“It’s no bother, Twilight,” Sunset said with a wave of her hand. “Come on in.”

Twilight brought her sousaphone case inside, before following Sunset into her basement which was where she always practiced.

Twilight noticed that Sunset’s sousaphone was already put together and she had a stand set up with sheet music on it.

“Were you practicing before I came in, Sunset?” Twilight asked.

Sunset gained a look of pride, “Yep. A true musician always practices to ensure a fantastic performance.”

“I know the feeling,” Twilight responded. “That’s exactly what I always do.”

“Good to know,” Sunset nodded. “I bet all of our friends feel the same way.”

“That they do,” Twilight agrees.

Twilight assembles her sousaphone and puts it over her shoulder. She and Sunset agree to play a song which would be a stand tune for marching band.

As soon as they set up the metronome again, Sunset and Twilight blow the marching tune on their sousaphones in perfect unison. As soon as they finish, Twilight and Sunset looked at each other.

“I think we’re definitely ready for the pep rally this weekend,” Sunset commented.

Twilight nodded back to her tuba playing friend, “I agree.”

“I bet Rainbow, Applejack and the others are practicing just as hard,” Sunset speculated.

Rainbow Dash and Applejack were two of Twilight and Sunset’s friends who also played the tuba.

“Wouldn’t put it past them,” Twilight spoke. “Especially, Sonata and her sisters.”

“Yeah, those three are like tuba legends,” Sunset couldn't help saying.

That was true. Sonata, Aria and Adagio were three of the best tubists in CHS besides Sunset and Twilight.

“Not to mention that Rarity, Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie are working hard on their instruments,” Twilight reminded.

Rarity, Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie were three more friends of Twilight and Sunset who were in the marching band. Rarity played the clarinet. Pinkie played the bass drum. And Fluttershy played the flute.

“That's what being an excellent musician is all about,” Sunset pointed out.

“Too true,” Twilight added.

“Of course, the fun part about playing the tuba is just playing notes like this,” Sunset took a breath and played a D note before playing a low G note on her sousaphone.

Twilight chuckled, “I hear that.”

“Wanna keep practicing?” Sunset asked.

Twilight nodded, “You know it.”

To be continued...

Author's Note:

AN: This series takes place in an Alternate Universe where the Equestria Girls characters are in their high school marching band and therefore Equestria doesn’t exist. I know this isn’t what I usually do. This is something I just wanted to try.