• Published 1st May 2024
  • 126 Views, 4 Comments

Equestria Marching Girls - beatlestributeman



This series takes place in an Alternate Universe where the Equestria Girls characters are in their high school marching band and therefore Equestria doesn’t exist.

  • ...
 4
 126

Pep Rally Tuba Solo

t was Friday night in Canterlot and all of the members of the Canterlot High School Marching Band were gathering in the band room and getting ready to play at their school’s pep rally.

Everyone in the tuba section already had their sousaphones set up and were ready to play and getting a little practice in before they got started.

The members of the tuba section included Sunset Shimmer, Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Adagio Dazzle, Aria “Oompahria” Blaze, Sonata Dusk, Trixie Lulumoon and Juniper Montage.

Sunset was especially excited because she was going to play a tuba solo at the pep rally.

Aria and Sonata were both playing scales on their sousaphones. Adagio was making sure her sousaphone’s valves were oiled. Trixie was polishing her own sousaphone with a rag.

Everyone else was just waiting in anticipation.

“Well, it looks like everybody is ready for the pep rally, huh, Sunset,” Applejack commented.

“We sure are, Applejack,” Sunset agreed.

“Yeah, and it looks like everybody is really getting into it,” Twilight speculated.

“Well, Sonata and her sisters do love playing the tuba more than anything else,” Sunset pointed out.

“I hear that,” Rainbow Dash added.

Just then, Fluttershy came walking with her flute in hand.

“Hey, Sunset, are you excited to play your tuba solo at the pep rally today?” Fluttershy asked.

Sunset nodded vigorously, “I sure am.”

“Well, Sunset Shimmer,” Trixie Lulumoon started speaking. “I, the Great and Powerful Trixie, am happy for you. However, know that next time it will be I, Trixie who will play a tuba solo for a rally or football game.”

“Don’t worry about it, Trixie,” Sunset assured. “I already made sure to tell Baton Switch to make you the tuba soloist for the next football game.”

“And for that, Trixie thanks you,” Trixie continued speaking in the third person. “And assures her tuba playing friends that she will play a Great and Powerful tuba solo on her Great and Powerful sousaphone.”

Aria leaned in and whispered to Adagio, “Why does she speak in the third person again?”

Adagio shrugged, “Just a quirk, I guess.”

Sonata blew five second low B Flat on her sousaphone.

“Well, I for one enjoy playing my sousaphone and concert tuba whether it be by myself or with other people,” Sonata pointed out. “And I am so ready to blow my big horn at the pep rally today!”

Adagio smirked, “Yeah, we’ve noticed.”

After Adagio finished oiling the valves on her sousaphone, she lifted up her instrument and put it on. She then started blowing a B flat scale on her sousaphone.

She was unaware that from a distance, she was being watched by a boy with brown hair and holding a trumpet in his hand. The boy seemed to be captivated by Adagio’s tuba playing along with her looks.

“Hey, Wiz,” a voice spoke to the boy.

He turned to see Flash Sentry standing behind him. He too was a bass drummer along with Pinkie Pie. He was also very close friends with Sunset and the other tuba girls.

“Come on, we gotta get some practice in before the rally,” Flash pointed out.

“Right, uh, sorry, Flash,” Wiz Kid said nervously.

Flash and a few others had already guessed that Wiz Kid had a huge crush on Adagio and that he wasn’t about to let that slip just yet.

A little later, it was time for the marching band to perform at the pep rally. And they did, indeed, do a stupendous field show. Sonata, on her part, made sure to play her tuba loud and proud as did her sisters and their other tuba playing friends as well.

As soon as the field show was done, it was time for Sunset Shimmer to perform her solo. The band was walking off the football field and conversing.

“Ah don’t know about yall, but I think we totally rocked the field show,” Applejack commented.

“Are you kidding?” Rainbow Dash chimed in with a big smile on her face. “That’s not even a question! We totally rocked it!”

“Yeah, great job, Girls,” Sunset congratulated her tuba playing friends. She turned to Sonata. “And you too, Sonata. You and your sisters were really getting into it.”

“Well, you’ve got that right,” Adagio commented.

“Aw, thanks,” Sonata said sheepishly.

Aria, on the other hand, looked to the sousaphone she had around herself and couldn’t help thinking, “I love playing my tuba.”

It was then that the voice of Principal Celestia was heard over the speaker, “And now, we conclude this evening’s pep rally with Sunset Shimmer playing her tuba solo.”

“Well, wish me luck, Girls,” Sunset spoke up.

“Go get em, Sunset,” Applejack said.

“Yeah, you’ve got this,” Twilight added.

Sunset went out onto the field with her sousaphone before facing the bleachers.

She took a deep breath and started blowing into her sousaphone’s mouthpiece. The solo was tremendous. The crowd was enamored by Sunset’s excellent playing.

In the bleachers, Moondancer, a close friend of Twilight and Sunset's watched as Sunset continued blowing her sousaphone.

"She is good," Moondancer commented.

As soon as Sunset was finished with her solo, the crowd gave a massive round of applause. Sunset took a bow before walking off the field.

Sonata squealed in excitement, “That was amazing!”

“That was so awesome!” Rainbow commented in excitement.

“That was very impressive,” Twilight added.

“Yall did well, Sunset,” Applejack agreed.

Sunset smiled, “Thanks, Girls.”

“Hey, Girls,” Twilight got everyone’s attention. “Now that the pep rally is over, do you want to go over to my have and jam on our sousaphones for a bit.”

“Great idea, Twilight!” Sonata said in excitement.

“We’re totally in,” Aria added with a smirk.

“Yeah, Ah don’t know about yall, but I ain’t ready to stop playing yet,” Applejack spoke up.

“Me neither,” Rainbow added.

“Um, I don’t suppose I could join you,” Fluttershy asked nervously. “Even though I play the flute in the band, I do play the tuba outside of school.”

“Of course, Fluttershy,” Rainbow said happily.

“Mind if me and Trixie join you too?” Juniper asked.

“Not at all,” Twilight said with a smile.

“Hey, Rarity, wanna join us with your clarinet?” Sunset called to her clarinet playing friend.

“Oh, thank you, but no, Darlings,” Rarity politely declined. “I’m all musically funned out for today. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“Alright, thanks, anyway,” Sunset spoke.

“Well, her loss,” Rainbow said with a shrug.

“Oooh, can I join in?” Pinkie asked in a hyper voice. “I can be your drummer! I love drumming along with tuba music!”

“Of course, Pinkie,” Sonata answered with a big smile. "We love having you drum with us."

Pinkie squealed in excitement, “This is going to be so much fun!”

“Then it’s settled,” Twilight spoke up. “We’ll meet up at my house in a little while for a little more musical fun.”

“Yeah!!!” The young musicians all cheered.

To Be Continued...

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment