Authors Helping Authors 2,464 members · 8,669 stories
Comments ( 669 )
  • Viewing 401 - 450 of 669

Name: Stagequill
Nationality: US
Notes: I love writing and performing. I write multiple things at once.

The fic that I'd like to be read most is... I don't know, actually. I love all of my stories equally, even though some are better than others. The one that needs to be reviewed most (Basically, the worst one I'm working on) is Apinkalypse. My best? Probably Why Me? I Hate Being Trapped in Stone!

Name: Rubyfire377
nationality: American
My name is Rubyfire my hobbies is playing video games, reading, and watching tv, I am working on to be a writer but its a challenge, my story that I write for the first time is Pinkie finds a magic ring but that story was crap because I rushed it but here are the stories I am working on currently

Lightning Bolt: the musician. Lightning Bolt is about a Pegasus whose parents was killed by his brother and somepony cheers him up, its a story of friendship between Lightning Bolt and the Earth pony Braeburn.

Nightmare Spike: Is about what happens if Spike accepted to be Nightmare Rarity's king and becomes Nightmare Spike, This is a story about love and hate, and the line between good and evil. ( may need help on this)

Drake: the dwarfism dragon, is about a dragon who suffers from a dwarfism not only is the laughing stock in the dragon lands but he must get respect from the other dragons and his father King Tyros the king of all Dragons,

Oliver the alchemist: set 4000 years before Celestia rule, its about a unicorn who what's to seek knowledge about the philosopher's stone but the cost for the philosopher's stone is so great it destroys his life, This is set in the pony version of Atlantis, this story is about what happens if you try to gain power with out knowing its great cost ( I need a lot of help writing this story)

Identity: The King of Hearts
Place of Origin: United States of America

Who Am I: An obsessive, cynical, overly critical man who enjoys great narratives and strong characters. I'll offer any help to someone who wants a really ind-depth review (unless it has something clop-ish in it. I stay far away from that stuff. I love feedback, and I love giving feedback, so, yeah... not much else.

The only story I've written so far is P.O.N.Y: Police Operative and Nonpareil Youths. It's only halfway done at this point, but it's a rather lengthy read. I'd gladly appreciate anyone who pops by and gives their thoughts.

Hello, I'm Dolphy Blue Drake, and I have problems that I believe this group can solve for me.

Name (spaces included): Dolphy Blue Drake
Notes: I'm a digital media major who writes in his spare time (what can I say? It's fun), but I seem to have lost my creative flair as of late. When writer's block crippled my attempts to continue writing my first (and currently only) fanfic on this site, I cooked up an idea for another one, but that one also hit a brick wall shortly into it, and my first idea is still stuck. Anyway, I love getting feedback, and I love giving it, too.

Currently, my only fic on this site is unfinished, but here it is anyway: A Tale of Crafters and Ponies Please give it a read.

Name: Above My Avatar
Nationality: American

The fact that he'd been hit wasn't so much the problem, as was everyone looking down at him like some run-of-the-mill barroom rowdy on a Friday evening pisser. It was too soon.

Hierophant slugged up to his feet. He wasn't going down that easy, not laid out by some introduction forum post; forced to sprawl on the manifold of stilted self-extrapolation. What was he, a newscaster? The post stared daggers back. Hazy spires of smoke leaked out its nostrils, mingling with the general underhaze of the forum. The bastard didn't even have the decency to snuff its cigarette.

"So, you think you're a writer or something?" the post said in five different voices all bled together.

"It's what I do for a living."

"Oh, so you must think you're talented," it mocked. That bricolage voice again.

Hierophant steadied himself on the bar. He mulled that over.

"What do you want to hear?," his voice was far, evenly metered, "That I'm just another prolixious twit, picking his thesaurus corpse-in-the-Mojave clean? The forum monkey at Writer's Digest? Paid editor? All those things, sure, or the last two, not much for thesauruses, but talented? Damn, kid. As far as I'm concerned, if you ever paid a light bill with words, you're talented. Hell, if the publisher's check never bounces, you're gold."

"That's a hell of a thing to say to me," it screeched. It sounded hurried, scratchy, like a stereo amp right before it shorted. It's fingers blanched white against the bar's grooved mahogany.

Hierophant kept going, "I don't like adverbs, I don't like loose parables or supererogatory analogies, I don't like clop, and I don't ship. I don't ship anything. I don't even ship freight." He rattled off his own little list of supererogatory analogies. He was, after all, on a Friday evening pisser. A few weeks and he'd get his barroom rowdy badge. He self-edited mentioning his disdain for prim, proper ladies, and his coeval preference for world-weary truck stop hussies in trashy tops. He'd save that for later.

The post ran its bad hand across its chin. Four fingers. Of course, four fingerprints. "Alright, fine. Anything else to sway the jury?"

Hierophant shrugged.

"I'm not trying to commit art here, buddy. I just want to tell stories."

For you aspiring pros out there, it isn't the dream job you think it is. Not all the time. :unsuresweetie:

My current sucking chest wound is Source, which serves as the gone-fishing amalgam of everything that flickers in the rainy parts of my mind while I watch the show. It's almost how I really see the show.

Name: Jackie

First off, I've always enjoyed writing, but never got the proper motivation until about a year ago after making a friend on the Gaia Online forums almost two years ago. She's been my best friend ever since and thanks to my love of the genres 'romance' and 'slice-of-life', not to mention having my main OC shipped with hers, has given me plenty of material work with.

I've only written two fics that I've felt comfortable publishing on this site, but I have six more incomplete ones that need work (plus a little motivation). I also write outside of the pony fandom often and am actually working on a fantasy novel that I hope to publish one day.

For the fandom, I stay away from the music and most of the bronies (too many of the bad types of fans around me). I also don't label myself as a brony because I'm not fond of the term. At all.

OTHER THAN THAT... I guess I'm an art whore. I have a huge gallery for all of my ponies and commission more on a regular basis.

SELF PROMOTION TIME xD
I've gotten 400+ views on my story, You Never Know, but only a few worthwhile comments. I was REALLY hoping for more critiquing (Lord knows I need some)...

Now, It IS a bit long... 33k words as of right now, with three more not-yet-published chapters that need editing. It's the fic that I'm most proud of, yet it's not receiving the attention that it deserves. Instead, my half-assed TwiDash fic has three times the views, which annoys the hell out of me.

So, my story is about an earth pony that's down on her luck. Lost her job, no money and having a generally tough time. So when a potential employer hears about her plight, he offers her a job back in his hometown of Ponyville. Skeptical but desperate, the earth pony accepts his offer and moves to a new town to start a new life.

It is OC heavy, by which I mean that canon characters play an extremely small role, often 'off-screen'.

If you have the time, could you help me out? I need others to find mistakes that my mind naturally passes over...

Thanks for your time, guys! <3 <3

Name: Aila
Nationality: Croatia (I'm I only one?)
Notes: I'm writing one story and I'll put it for a few days. My computer is broken so I'm writing on my phone. My story is called 'Wish Upon A star' and I'll post link of story when I put in on FIM fiction. I came into this group becouse I'm little scared of comments and vrotes... I guess tháts it...see ya!

Name: Casca
Nationality: Malaysian!
Notes: I quite like writing, though I haven't been doing much of it. I review for Seattle's Angels, and while we do mostly positive reviews I am pretty experienced at giving constructive criticism. Chances are that if I like the feel of your story I'll gush about it a good deal - even if it's rather handicapped in the way of writing, I'd be happy to point out a few ways to get that rectified. That's the thing - I do love bright ideas, and I like it when I see that an author knows what they're doing with their words. I know how important a bit of encouragement can be, and so I'm here.

The fic I really want you to read: The Life and Times of Caughlin Mare, my first serious attempt at fanfic, which has seen about 4 full editing passes (so rest assured, grammar won't be a problem). I've been told it's enjoyable, for what that's worth.

Name: XSomeGuyX

Nationality: 'Murican (U.S.A.)

Notes: I am an experienced reviewer and I also serve a PR for the Royal Guard. I can be rather blunt and may seem rude at times, but it is mostly because I don't believe sugarcoating my reviews helps the author at all. I like this group's idea on reciprocity in terms of reviews and I hope to help some struggling authors with their writing as well as give some much needed attention to the hidden gems out there. Of course, it would be lie to say that I won't enjoy the attention my own stories will get.

The story I want to spotlight here is my long-runner: The Puppetmaster. For those who I told what is to come as the story unfolds, they liked the idea. However, I think that the idea of OCs scared away many potential readers.

Anyways, I look forward to reading some good stories from this group.

Might as well...

Name: Revenant Wings
Notes: I joined this group because I figured it would be a good way to get feedback. Too often I feel like I get people who like or dislike my work but I can't find any good comments on them from what they think - what they liked/didn't like, etc. No matter how much I post in other forums, the types of comments I get are usually "I like it" without explanation. To me, feedback is essential to writing; it tells me what I could improve, what I do well, and without it I feel like I can't tell where I've gone or where I'm going very well.

Fic I would like looked at: Where the Rainbows Touch Down. I've only started this one recently, but it's probably going to be the one that I am the most invested in over the next couple of weeks, as I am already multiple chapters through but won't be posting them all one right after another despite being ahead of schedule.

Name: TehSporkBandit :D
if you must call me anything other than TehSporkBandit, I prefer Sporkie...
Age: i apologize, but i don't feel comfortable giving it...
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
-George Washington
Notes: i joined this group because i like helping others and i'm STILL miffed about someone disliking my story but never even leaving a comment on why, like a fart in the wind...
i've submitted DM Lyra because i want others' opinions on how exactly i'm doing with switching between character dialogue, if my characterizations seem unique for each individual, and i may also be looking for some help on expanding that particular story... D:

Name: Justice! Yes, that is IN FACT my real, birth name. Get on my level. I'm joking, please don't hate me. I mean it really is Justice bu you're free to stay on your level if you'd like.
Nationality: Technically Italian, but I've never been out of the U.S.
Notes: Heyya! Writing (And as a subsecion, RPing) has been a passion of mine since I was like, ten. My dad was constantly getting mad at me for 'stealing' writing, not believing that someone my age could write something like such, until I told him to give me a setting and specific names and I'll write something to prove it. I was a spunky little bro.

Anyway, I'd love for you to check out and let me know how I'm doing on my post-apocalyptic story Wake of Destruction, where my zebra OC Ysmir wakes up in the Canterlot throne room, or at least what remains of it, yet he seems to be missing the memory of how this apparent apocalypse happened. With nothing to guide him but a phoenix friend and mysterious notes, he tries to unravel what happened and where everypony is.

Name: devas

Nationality: Italian/American

Notes: I've been a looong time lurker, but I've only recently started writing. I edit for a bunch of people, and I also want to start reviewing in this group; so, please ask me to review your story! :-P

The Fic I really Really REALLY want you to read: A stochastic system. This is because I know it could be a lot better, but I don't know how, exactly, to make it better :-/
This is because

Name:steampunkwatchman
Nationality: U.S.A
Notes: Exterminate! Oh wait wrong forum! Anyways I just recently joined the fandom officially as of last summer and became a brony when my friend showed me a dubstep video with the changelings. That's when my curiosity got the better of me and I began researching the fandom. Til, I decided that i would give it a shot and got hooked like so many other fandoms and subcultures I am a part of like the Whovians and Steampunks for example. Overall, I am glad to join this community that has welcomed my so openly.

Shameless Promotion: The story i think you should read is a dark mystery set in the perspective of a griffon in an alternate universe that takes place after the great griffon/pony war. It has steampunk/diselpunk elements and the current leader is Princess Twilight. I hope you like it and please tell me what you think as it is my first story on here. The story Enigma!

Name: Xeadin
Nationality: USA
Notes: I've been infatuated with the FiM fandom for, at least, a year to date. I have enjoyed seeing some of the remarkable content that has been spilling from some of the fellow artists, writers and freelancers.

My story that I am, personally, spotlighting is Magi Chronicles: Fires of Equestria. It is a sci-fi adventure, with the premise of a lone individual taking refuge on Equestria to escape from the brink of war-- only to realize that the war would soon reach him again in an unlikely circumstance. It was on an extended hiatus for a few months, due to writer's block, but then re-encountered some motivation to continue with the story.

At this point, feedback and criticism is, especially, important for further development of the story. It is the only story that I have written on FiMFiction, but it has given me something fun and inviting to do in my freetime, as it has become quite large. I'm hoping to continue working on it (without encountering any extended brick walls) in the future and, hopefully, finish it. :twilightsmile:

Yeah I probably won't say "hi" oh wait I just did.. crap.
Name: Scripted Brony
Note: I don't think I'm an amazing writer, but I do think I can improve. Thus my purpose for being here. Another reason for me being here is: I like MLPFIM and the fandom. I enjoy most genera's except for gory ones. I just can't handle gore well. I also tend to get more ideas than I can keep up with so I have trouble focusing on any one story at a time. Other than these thing I have no real idea on what to put here so I hope this suffices.

The story I would very much like reviewed is: My Big Cousin . It's a slice of life about, I'm embarrassed to say, my oc Script. Really the story is more about a lesson in family. It is a work in progress but I got one chapter up.

Greetings fellow authors/aspiring authors!

Name: Bluegrass Brooke (or just Brooke I don't care :pinkiehappy:)

Nationality: 'Merican [waves flag vigorously]

Notes: I'm a pegasister who's loved the show since I first saw it before season 2 aired (ah the memories). I'm absolutely in love with all the creativity the fandom has to offer. Seriously, it's breathtaking! I just started writing fanfiction, though I've been writing non-fiction for so long I lost track (thank you college). Anywho, I joined the group to grow and learn how to become a super awesome writer. Since I'm a perfectionist I have a lot of trouble putting down my ideas and when I do I generally hate how they turn out. Everything sounds better in your head! :twilightangry2:

I have this great idea for my next story which will be an alternate universe featuring just Rarity and my OC's. It's going to be epic! If only I knew how to start it...

In the mean time I only have one story published. It is currently being prepped for a major overhaul. I just haven't had the time/patience to start it yet. Here it is in all its raw glory! Light Fades Fast
Gaze upon my bad cover art I drew myself and marvel that I somehow managed to write something!

Greetings one and all!

Name: Zodiacspear
Nationality: U.S.
Notes: Not much to say other than I love to write fan-fictions. Though my skill in the proper use of grammar is growing from what it used to be, I like to believe my creativity makes up for it. :twilightsmile:
One of the things that got me into writing (both fan-fictions and original works) was the creative writing and philosophy classes I took in collage. Nothing like reading a story that makes you stop and think. Though there always has to be time to sit back and have fun and enjoy a silly story.

I currently have two stories published on FiMfiction, my main story "Harmony Undone: The Rise of Order" and a small slice of life story titled "Those Who Hunt". Harmony Undone is the start of what I plan to be a number of connected stories. While the remaining chapters are still being edited, I will get it posted.

Ending words: Always have fun, no matter what you do.

Edit: I would greatly enjoy a review of both stories if I may, Harmony Undone received a few down votes but said voters left no comments. Good or bad, I would like to hear some opinions on my stories. Of course I will gladly review another story in turn.

Hi. My first story here is Equestria Rim, and I'd really like for someone to review it and give me some good constructive criticism.

Name: shortskirtsandexplo... Wait, you can see my name, can't you? :facehoof:
Edumacation: B.S. Appropriately enough.
Nationality: U.S.ican.

I don't write much nowadays because of time constraints. Maybe some degree of waning interest, too, but once in a while an idea worms its way into my head and won't leave me alone until I inflict it on some poor reader. My favorite part of a story? I like clever twists. :twistnerd: Um.. Story twists.

My favorite story that I've written is Twilight's Final. Celestia-has-a-dark-secret-and-Twilight-finds-out stories were pretty common for a while, so I wrote one where they stay in freaking character. And the world-building was fun.

But the one that seemed to strike a chord in people was The Cutie Mark Crusaders Use Their Brainssssss, which I wrote for a contest. Which it lost. :facehoof: Adventure, humor, and a few really serious moments.

I'd call it "magnum opus dissonance," but I don't think I'm that caliber. :derpyderp2: :applejackunsure: Derringer dissonance alliterates better, too. :coolphoto:

Name: I'm shinygiratinaz.

Notes: I thought that this seemed like an awesome group, and I don't get much feedback, so I thought I should join. I commonly review fics with low likes that I find on the front page, but I wouldn't call myself an expert reviewer or writer.

I would love it if someone gave a solid review of my fic, Don't Remind Me. Thank you!

Name: Cemfin

I'm American in Oklahoma. I used to write fanfics in school, but I haven't since I graduated. So this is my first fic in about five years and my first fim fic ever and I'd love to know what others think about it. http://www.fimfiction.net/story/178038/when-hearts-take-flight

Sorry about not introducing myself first. I guess I just decided to jump in. I hope to review your stories as best I can, but that doesn't mean I'll read everyone's stories. If there is a problem, please let me know via private message.

Name: Brony_Falcon
Notes: I'm just a normal guy, I guess. I play games quite frequently, and math is my best subject in school. In high school, I became fond of game making software, and I later started doing SMW hacks. (started. never finished.) I was also on YouTube for a little while, and I subscribed to musicgirl674 becse she did 8-bit music, something I was just getting started on. I noticed a comment that she got about a gaming community and I joined up. Complications arose when Dasher was booted for being with LoYG, but they granted him another chance. What's the point? Dasher's my friend. He made a livestream and showed MLP videos (Dubstep Dishwasher and Smile HD). That's how I got my start. Now, I write stories, and am currently typing this comment. (I apologize to those who did not want a timeline of how I became a brony.)

Anyways, I'd like a review of YouTube Vlogs: Equestria. I'm only an amateur storywriter, and I hope to improve sometime. I don't want to give away much of the story, but I will say this: Ponies will be on YouTube.

Name: ReptiRosary

Notes: I love coming up with stories, but I am new to fanfiction. I am in the midst of writing my first right now. I love reptiles, anime, drawing, painting, and reading.

My first fanfic, and quite frankly my baby is Sapphire Blue I am really pouring my heart and soul into it. I would love for people to review it and give me some pointers. It's just in the first few chapters right now but it will start to pick up here pretty soon. Thank you and happy reading!

Name: Crisis Nova
Note: I have been writing fic since January of last year. My strength as a writer lies on my dark humor[ or the darker parts to a story] and ideas to a story.[namely Spike stories] And my weakness are both my english and grammar which coming from support says I've improve.

My fic Dark Seduction This was a request story someone ask me to write. The story sums it up like this. 'What would happen if Twilight and Rarity started dating and there both agree not to tell anypony, not evening Spike.' This story question the trust of your most loyal and longest friend. This is the most populate story I had written so far. I don't know how far it will go or how many chapters I will write.

If that sex, and betray isn't for you, then this fic is.

My 2nd. [or first fic I written since I join this site] is Nightmare of a Dragon. This fanfiction isn't for the faint of hearts. The mane six well five of them have there grimdark fics. Twilight's :Pages of Harmory, and the experiments of Twilight Sparkle. "Rainbow Dash's: Rainbow factory. Pinkie Pie's: Cupcakes. Rarity's: Lil miss Rarity, and Fluttershy: Mudershy. And AppleJack...I just don't know. [I know the last two arm tumble but it has a story line] This story was not only a request but a changes to give Spike a grimdark fic. This story is Spike being neglected, by his so called friends and unjustly banish for something he didn't do. Four years later. He came back with his meteor Nightmare Moon to seek revenges for those who wrong him.

Well I do have more fic you could read. Just remember my grammar, and english sucks. So I'll be off now finishing the final chapters to Nightmare of a dragon.

Hey guys! I'm kind of new to writing, so it's great to find such an awesome group!

Name: kindofararity7 (or anything you want to call me)
Nationality: United States
Notes: As I've said, I haven't been writing very long, but I have gotten pretty good grades in English if that makes up for it at all! I have written a couple of fanfics, but most of them never made it past the first couple of chapters.

As of now, I only have one story: "Unknown Pasts." I would really appreciate anyone dropping by and leaving a review! It's getting quite a few dislikes and I can't figure out why. I think it could have something to do with the pace of the story, but again, I'm not sure.

Name: Strythio

Notes: I am a relatively new fimfic writer, only having been here a few months, but I have read a decent number of fics, my favorites of which are in my favorites list.

I don't favorite just to see if there are updates, and I prefer to handle only a few stories at a time; as such, my read later list is usually not any longer than 15 stories, and is my way of keeping track of stories that I am interested in.

I also generally do not like a fic until I get most if not all of the way through it. Since I can't draw, then the most I can do for folks is write or review in exchange for favors. If I can, I tend to be kind of wordy/thorough with my reviews.

I have two currently published stories: One Last Mission and Arch of Shadows.

The first one I originally submitted for the Northwest Everfree Competition, but after that, I worked the story a bit and added a chapter to the completed work. It is a different take on why Sombra was in the Crystal Empire in the first place, and introduces the family he left behind.

It also touches on the oddity that 1K years passing between NM returning and Sombra being banished, although the sequel will give more life to that than currently shown. It is also a sad fic, though the sad part of it is largely at the end of chapter one.

Arch of Shadows, my second one, is my baby that I came into this with In short, the world is being beset by strange visions and dreams, and in order to flesh out the reason why, Luna and Celestia revisit some of their own history, at times bringing Cadence and Twilight with them for the ride.

It didn't start out as Romance, but it sure as heck turned into one. It is my longest fic on this site so far ( I do not plan on topping it anytime soon) and is my pride and joy so's to speak. If you do decide to stop by and read it, bear in mind that each chapter is about 8-9K words long.

Name: Squiddy
Notes: I first started writing back in 2012 as a way to try and give back to the community. I had high aspirations, and dove into what was going to be a full-length novel. Unfortunately, my lack of outlining and ADHD made sure I never got past the fifth chapter. After that, I started writing random little one-shots, which met, for the most part, with an OK from the folks on this site. After I wrote The Pastry Postulate, I felt I'd found a sort of niche group of readers who enjoyed my more silly, philosophically nonsensical side, and so I've been doing what I can to improve my natural style. I've tried a few things that REALLY didn't work out. But the learning process has been great, and I've met some great people along the way. In addition to trying to write, I've done work as an editor for a few people on the site, most notably DungeonMiner, author of featured A Novice Swordsman in the Canterlot Court and other stories. I'm terribly far from perfect, but I have a natural knack for phrasing and a moderately good sense of grammar. Mainly, it's just been great fun.

The story I do hope you'll read is called Sweet Nothings (http://www.fimfiction.net/story/182548/sweet-nothings). It's a short comedic sort of brainbender, which has (so far!) gotten only likes, but very few views. It's a one-shot, which means it's complete, thank the gods.

Hi all,

Name: TheAccidentalBrony
Notes: I wrote a lot when I was young, in school, but after "growing up", taking a full-time job, children, etc., I let it fade into the past. Since becoming a Brony, however, I've felt inspired to try to go back to it. So here I am. I've only got a couple fics currently posted, though there are a few more in the works. My currently in-progress fic is Pinkamena's Tribulation (I hate the name), and any feedback would be appreciated. It is, sadly, a Cupcakes spin-off, but only remotely. More like a redemption. Aside from some minor stuff to get it started, it's not gory - I've really tried to keep it to a minimum, as I prefer my ponies PG-13, and will evolve into a romance/adventure fic. I'd love any feedback I can get, as I'm just getting back into the swing of things with writing.

Hello, my name is Cool Welshy and I'm an Awesome-holic...

Nationality: Australian
Notes: Slowly but surely going through my only fic.

My fic: Woundsalt, Motherbucker The story of a pony who the universe has the knack of repeatedly punching him in the private parts. Set in between the end of season three to Equestria Girls.

Hi! I'm Civviq Writer.

I'm from the Neigherlands... you know.

Aand I am sixteen, going on seventeen, pada pada paaadaaa! (yes, you know too...)

Anyway, read my fic! It's about my OC. Read it here.

Something like that is all you need to know about me. :pinkiecrazy:

HIYA everypony! /) :derpytongue2:

Name: riderplous

Notes: I'm fairly inexperienced in writing. I have written some stories before, usually for fun or just to show to friends. But I really like writing and reading fanfiction, currently my only posted story is Speckled Dreams] I would really appreciate it to get some feedback (Or review) on it. I'll be happy to return any critiques/advice anypony gives me :pinkiehappy:

Name: Blood Lord

Nationality: American.

Notes: I'm one of those people who thought this fandom, this whole MLP thing was crazy and a bit stupid. now look at me, I write stories and listen to music about them. The conversion story is long, I won't pain you with that. The short story is I saw the My Little Amnesia 2 video on a website I'm a moderator on, and got hooked on the dark side of the fandom.

I am a pretty decent writer and a fantastic editor, in my opinion. I specialize the most in keeping characters in-character, story flow and format, word choice, plot development, and pretty good with grammar, but I do miss things.

My favorite genres would be dark, but I also really enjoy adventure and comedies.

Shameless Promotion: My story, Empress Rarity's 250th Birthday. I really have no idea how to explain it. It is my first fic though, so any opinions/feedback would be fantastic.

Name: Shadow51423
Nationality: Proudly Canadian
Notes: I'm a beginning writer with admittedly big ambitions. I'm an avid gamer who loves to write stories based on games I've played and trying to add my own ideas and make my own worlds. I have a nasty habit of judging my work to critically and trashing it, but I'm starting to get over it as my knowledge of writing increases. I prefer OC's to canon characters due to OC's not being as restrictive, but I will put in some canon characters if my current plot allows me to place them there. Finally, my themes when writing, I'd say, are somewhere between cynical and optimistic, kinda stuck in that abyss of reality where life isn't completely pointless, but not always nice either.

Introductions out of the way, my current in-the-works fic is entitled De(i)cide (No link yet since it's not published) It's an alternate universe fic where Celestia, Luna and the Elements of Harmony are all killed in a rebellion and, 1000 years later, a scion (I.E. Descendant) of Celestia is born in order to fufill a prophecy that states that he shall revive the Princess so she can regenerate the world, which has fallen into ruin due because without Celestia or Luna to move the sun and moon, the ponies must do it themselves using a giant machine (Damn that was a run on sentence :ajsleepy:) This machine is powered by taking magic welled up beneath the ground, and this causes widespread decaying of the earth until the only habitable place is the democratic city-state build entirely around the machine (Think Midgar from Final Fantasy VII).

I know it sounds like your typical "Ohh magic prophecies and environmental preachiness." plot, but as I've learned form playing games like Tales of the Abyss and Kingdom Hearts, sometimes the best stories are ones that, rather than try so hard to be original that it falls flat on substance, takes something that is considered "Cliché" and spins it around into something thought provoking, which is what I would really like to accomplish with this.

Name: Trismegistus
Notes: This is my first time writing a fanfic. I wanted to do something with OC's and i'm still a bit nervous about how it will be received.

My fic is Ponysona: Innocent Wish. It's a crossover between MLP and SMT's persona series. The story itself is set in Equestria. I want to try to show what life in Equestria is like for ponies who aren't the mane 6, and i felt that the social link game mechanic would be a great way to go about doing that. It starts off a bit slow, but it picks up quickly.

Also this is going to be a moderately long story i'm 26k words in and not even a quarter of the way done yet. :twilightsheepish:

I hope everyone gives it a shot, and i would really appreciate feedback on any aspect of it :raritywink:

Name: Smaug the golden
Notes: Young author who enjoys to write. I read far too much and do the same for writing. I enjoy reading almost any type of story, but I avoid anything above plain 'teen.' My favorite work so far is The Path I Tread, and I would enjoy hearing some feedback. I enjoy stories tagged with Dark, Adventure, Sad or Tragedy, and I also read Comedy from time to time.

Name: The Fluffy Ninja
Notes: I'm a pretty new writer, and I lack quite a bit in experience. Trying to get myself into the habit of writing more, but I also want to help other authors out the best I can. I realize how important criticism is for writers, so I'm hoping I could help them in some way improve.

Name: Dashie Reviews ( You can call me Dashie!)

Nationality: I'm English but I live in L.A

Note: I started reading Fan Fics from about the age of 7 and I actually started writing at 5. I have wrote over 6 fics just new, and I am writing a new fic that's gonna be on this group.

Rainbow Dash is best pony and so it Scootaloo :rainbowkiss: :scootangel:

If anyone wanted me to be their editor/proofreader, just let me know!

'Allo. TUC here. Come closer. I won't bite... unless you want me to.

So, yeah, I've got a few head problems, and I'm crazy enough to think that I'm a decent writer. What's up with that? :pinkiecrazy:

I won't bother self-promoting any. But I'm always on the lookout for people who like to lend a critical eye or review. I've got more than enough blind praise, and frankly that doesn't help me improve. I enjoy it when I get it (even when it's wrong), and I'm not saying I don't appreciate the attention the story gets, but my biggest concern is where I'm weakest... and that's probably a lot of areas.

That's it. Now lemme chew your neck fat. :heart:

Salutations comrades. I've been a member of this group for a hefty chunk of time, but only recently have I started to emerge from my solitary shell and decided to post on the forums. (This is me trying to be social. :twilightblush:)

Moniker: FullMetalFurbee

Nationality: American southerner

Memo: I write many silly fanfics. Generally, the silliness is spawned from my reciprocated love of silly things. I don't get featured because, well, I don't really write the kinds of things that get featured on FIMFiction. However, I greatly enjoy all types of literature and hope to further pursue writing in future years. The best way to uphold that vision? Write about ponies. :pinkiehappy: The vast majority of my current fics, (6/7) are short side projects I've churned out whilst devoting the bulk of my effort to large epic projects. My first major work, An Equestrian Freedom, has been out for a while now. It's a gloomy tale about a foreign king with a less than subtle grudge against Celestia and her country. I focused a lot on building the characters and tried to make it totally plot-driven.

Wait wait hold up. Am I shamelessly plugging my story in hopes some of you may read it? ...You bet your waifu's butts I am! If any of you fine folks like serious stories with dark tones, help me out and give my story a once-over!

Anyway, I'm probably on this site a little more than I should be. I'm more than willing to review and talk to anyone who so wishes. Talk to me about something!

Peace out. -FullMetalFurbee- :raritywink:

Name: EarthbendingProdigy

Notes: I have been writing stories from a young age but am fairly recent to writing fanfics. I have a lot of ideas of fanfics, one of which is published on here. My strengths are that my characterization is fairly accurate and faithful to the source material while still having its own original spin. I have a fairly good sense of humor which of course helps as most of my ideas are comedies. My weaknesses are that punctuation can be fairly difficult for me as all the different rules and exceptions such as placements of certain things like comas for example can be confusing for me at times. Writing beginnings can sometimes be difficult for me as well as coming up with character names though concepts for characters is fairly easy for me.

My only fic published so far is called Rarity Gets Cockroaches. It is a comedy where as the title suggests Rarity gets a cockroach infestation. It was inspired by a cockroach infestation I got because of messy, inconsiderate neighbors.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/114630/rarity-gets-cockroaches

Hello everyone, I am RedStringsandLiterature, recently joined FIMFiction but has been writing stories for a few years now.

Name: RedStringsandLiterature (but you may call me Red for short if you want to)
Nationality: Canadian
Notes: I am open to criticism, I find it very helpful with my writing. And I love to read fanfiction, it is adorable and amazing at what people can create with their writing. I am hoping to become a history teacher one day, but also an author as a side job. My strengths are strong plot ideas and making characters (I make sure to get their backstory, personality, and appearance all done before I introduce them.) But my weaknesses may be that I rush at times in a story.

I am just beginning in writing my first fanfiction on here 'All is Fair in Lies and War.' Yes, it has an OC as the main character in it, but it holds a possible plot twist with Shining Armor and Princess Cadence's relationship.

Name: Dom, I suppose
Nationality: usa
Notes: I like videogames. I don't read much, so I guess my story(s) was bound to be bad. Um, I like brain or health facts. I have a ps3. I tried to make my own music before. Just made one song so far, sort of dark techno or something. Um, I like mlp fan music and some fanfictions. My mood changes, but right now Im feeling like I did a horrible fiction job, got a dislike. So I came here for reveiws criticism suggestions. My story is Odd One Out, I just put it in the dark folder, 1,600 words. I guess it IS my first fiction so I shouldn't really feel bad if it does bad lol, can't help it tho. Oh well I can listen to music lol. I'm also a dude, in case my name confuses anyone lol.

Name: TheTrueDragoon
Age: Old enough to contemplate the mysteries of the universe.
Notes: I'm a rather creative person and I enjoy writing. Much of my interest in writing comes from reading Star Wars novels and just spontaneous ideas that come from, often, nowhere. I've recently really started pursuing writing and have come up with a few ideas for books that I would like to write one day. That being said, I am writing fanfics as a way of practicing and building my writing skills. Input on the things I write here is greatly appreciated because I don't want to go, "Hey look at this book I wrote," only to be rewarded by someone letting me know that it is a piece of crap. I'd like to think I'm an okay writer but it's hard to know when I don't get a lot of input and too few people are reading what I do have.

Name: Fire_brand
Nationality: U.S. of A
Notes: I've always enjoyed reading pretty much anything and I enjoy the heck out of writing fantasy stories. I only got the idea to write stories again after reading some fan fictions on this site. Any form of criticism, good or bad, can only serve to help to refine a possibly so-so story into a really good one, so I encourage any form of criticism of my own.

The Story I'd like to have reviewed is the one I'm in the middle of writing. The Adventures of Cleansing Flame. Its my first piece of literature not done for college in a LONG time so I'm a tad rusty

Name: Charelzzz
Notes: I've been a brony since early in season two. My favorite episode is, was and probably always will be Lesson Zero, because I love to see Twilight lose it, but I think that season four was overall the best season so far. I reviewed a number of stories for the Equestrian Critics Society but I had to stop because there was simply too much work to do and I couldn't work on my own writing. Also, after I finished my first story, which I was very proud of, I actually got physically ill when I received some negative feedback, not because it was unfair, but because it was right on target; that led me to take a long break. I'm back now, however and I have more and better stories to tell.

The story I really would like to see reviewed is Pretzels, because I really think I knocked that one out of the park and I could use some ego strokes it has 27-0 likes but it wasn't able to get off the ground and I think a lot of people would enjoy it if they could see it on their dash. Thank you.

Also I am posting all of my reviews on my blog here.

Name: Manaphy
Notes: I joined the fandom just after Season 1 ended. My favorite episode, to this day, is The Best Night Ever, as there is just something about averting the cliches of similar stories that makes it so appealing to me. While I found S3 and S4 to be disappointing, in my personal opinion, there are enough good episodes in them, like the brilliant Maud Pie, for me to stick around.

As for stories, I've been a mixed bag. Sometimes, I seem to do decently well, but with Evening Skies of Nostalgia, I screw up majorly. I'm a novice writer, and I'm not expecting to be as talented as the best this site has to offer, but feedback to help me improve is appreciated, though I'd prefer for any criticisms to be done in a friendly manner. Why I'm posting my worst story is because it displays my weaknesses the most blatantly, so have at it.

Name: SpitFlame
Nationality: Canadian
Notes: I'm a pretty well-approached author—at least that's what I've heard—and I love to write! I'm also an editor and proof-reader, and I can spot any error—whether it be simple grammatical errors to characterization and plot holes—I'll make your story EqD-worthy... sure, that's a cocky statement and I probably can't, but I always love to try. I am also an Xbox Gamer, and I love games such as: Halo, Dark Souls, Battlefield, Dishonored, and many more which I'm too lazy to write down. I hope to meet you soon!

My best on-going fic is a Dishonored Crossover called Elements of Honor.

Hello people and pony role players alike, the name is either Josh or Sylph, whichever you wish to call me, and I dump random stuff here.

Age: I'm actually only 15 despite what many of my followers think.
Nationality: American (and not too proud of it)
Notes: I generally use this place as a dump for when my ideas start to overflow and I type in green because I used to mod with a friend on here but now he's gone and I can't stop typing in green. I also tend to put down a lot of the stuff I do, it's just a thing.

One of the few stories of mine which I don't want to entirely trash and am kind of proud of is The Journal of a Changeling (yes, that's a link, I tend to put my links in dark red to make them visible). I dunno why I'm proud of it, maybe because I spent some actual time on it? Reasons.

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm Bluemoon1996 and Im just being nice

• Viewing 401 - 450 of 669