Anti-Character Bashing League 100 members · 244 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8
La Vallett1
Group Admin

Hello, and welcome to this group! I hope you all enjoy your stay here and be friends with each other.:twilightsmile: Now on to introductions:

I am La Vallett1, I live on a Mediterranean island called Malta, I became a brony back in January 2012 when I saw some pony videos and some first episodes of Season 1, I got into MLP fanfiction reading after I read Past Sins and enjoyed it, my favourite genres in Fimfiction are Slice of Life, Adventure, Comedy, Sad and Alternate Universe and my favourite pony is Twilight Sparkle.

What about the rest of you?

Hello, I'm NorthCrusader.

I live in the United States and I became a brony back in the summer of 2011. It all started when I was seeing fanart of the show all over the internet. When I learned the new pony show was developed by Lauren Faust, Craig McCracken's wife, I decided to watch an episode on YouTube to see what it was like. I found myself watching the entire first season and was eagerly awaiting season two. I got into fanfiction after reading Wanderer D's stories and crossovers with my favorite superheroes. I mostly write short Slice of Life stories but I'm beginning to cross to other genres like Dark, Sad, Adventure, AU, etc.

Rune Soldier Dan.

Favorite ponies are Celestia and Applejack. Some of that might have been born from the defensiveness I feel for their sake, as they're common targets for the crueler aspects of the fandom. But I certainly have cause to appreciate those who work hard, concern themselves with practical matters, and stand aside while others have their glory.

Started writing for Blueblood's sake. I saw him being gleefully hacked apart by others for the grave sin of... being mean? To a shameless gold-digger? Not cool. I figured it was a way to change the fandom in my own stupid way, and to try to remind people that "tolerance" should come with the MLP territory.

No real wonder that I ended up here, hm?:eeyup: I'm curious what criteria you'll use for bringing stories in, as character assasination-y kind of stories are mercifully rare.

I’m Bad Dragon.

Discovering Fimfiction for the first time:
It all started when I watched "Teens react to" show on Youtube, since I'm subscribed to that, and one of the episodes was Teens react to My Little Pony. They mentioned there are prejudgments against those that watch it.

I have a phobia of having prejudgments (it's kind of the opposite of a phobia, since it forces me to do things). There was no choice but to go watch the show. I had to gain more information before I would allow myself to form any kind of opinion toward it. The rest is the same as with most bronies (got addicted to it after watching 1 episode).

I became a brony in July 2013. Talked on Omegle with another brony, told him that I wanted to do a comic about a nightmare that I had about ponies. I also mentioned my ‘small’ problem of sucking at drawing. He suggested that I write a story about it instead. I was like 'People write stories about a show? No way‽' (yes, I didn't even know that fanfictions were a thing). He linked me his story on this site (it was a clop story...).

Thinking in a concept of a story instead of a comic I scraped my nightmare idea, and substituted it with more adventures one. A wave of inspiration hit me and I wrote all through the night until I finished a pilot chapter. I edited it for a week then published it. Got good reception for it, so I decided to expand on it, and write a novel.

About me:
You've probably seen me around Fimfiction forums, where I'm very active. If not, you can check out Intriguing quotes that I made on Fimfiction.

I'm a very open person. I have an Ask Me Anything thread where you can pose any question you can think of, and I will answer it.

About my writing:
I write beige (dry) prose without any fillers. Never using words for their own sake, I describe only what's important to the story. Describing scenery is not something I aim for, instead, I use words as a tool to portray ideas and principles.

My themes are humorous and dark. I use writing to explore new horizons. My endeavor is to find principles that are unique, new and profound.

This tool told me that I write like: J. R. R. Tolkien, James Joyce, Neil Gaiman and Ian Fleming.

As can be seen on my profile page, I have 8 published stories on this site and several more in my Google Docs, nearing completion. It’s about 130k of written material, but only about 20k of that that is published. The rest of it still waits for editing. I keep all my writing public in my Google Docs, so that anypony can follow and influence my stories from the idea phase to completion. I do this because I appreciate all the feedback and learn immensely from it. It keeps me only slightly misplaced instead of irredeemably lost.

I don't have a dedicated editor. Instead I let anypony edit my stories. I'm always glad to see people leave comments my Docs or published stories.

Kirito Persona. Fairly average brony overall, joined the fandom when his brother joined. Figured out I wanted to be a writer with the help of his substitute Creative Writing teacher. Creative, with a fair amount of talent and I still have a LOT to learn about this profession.:twilightsmile:

I joined this group because I think this is a pretty good thing to have in general, a dedicated group to avoiding negative OOC portrayls. I'm pleased to see someone came up with something so wonderful! :twilightsmile:
I remember you from Bronycon, thanks a ton for the advice at the Do's and Don'ts panel! :twilightsmile:

Sorry, but you absolutely have the wrong number.:twilightsheepish:

:twilightsheepish:

Sorry, I thought there was a Rune Soldier Dan at the Do's and Don'ts panel...Sorry!!!:twilightsheepish:

4019771 Hi, name's the Bricklayer. I'm a nerd, deal with it. When did I become a fan? Oh, I'd say before last Halloween/Nightmare Night if I had to guess. I mostly write humorous stories with nerdiness injected here and there but I am wanting to branch out.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8