Applejack 538 members · 1,235 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20
Proper Noun
Group Admin

What's your favourite fanfiction that features Applejack in a prominent role?

Remember, no linking Mature stories.

Proper Noun
Group Admin

Because site rules, last I heard. If that's changed, good.

Scorched, hands down and my favorite fic on this site

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/17806/scorched

I can only recall one offhand, but it's a Skywriter fic, so you know it's good.
Contraptionology!

I am depressed now. I went looking for my favorite Applejack story ever, and found the author has removed it. But if you want to read the most awesome Applejack adventure/romance (AppleDash) with an awesome villain and all the focus on how cool AJ is, see if you can dig up Left Behind, by Gold.

DH7
Group Admin

I'm biased. My brother wrote an AppleDash for a contest a while back and never posted the damn thing. I've been trying to prod him into doing so, but he thinks it needs heavy revision, and doesn't seem to be willing to put in the effort at this time. Asshole.

It needs to be proof-read, that's for damn sure.

Other than that, I am at a complete loss. All the instances of good Applejack characterization are running together in my mind, and I'm having trouble picking one out of the bunch.

Comment posted by wzium deleted Apr 30th, 2015

Looking through my favorites list, I realize I haven't really read all that many Applejack-centric stories. :twilightsheepish:

It's been a while since I read it, but I think I'll have to choose We Apples, Three as my favorite AJ prominent fic.

Like Proper Noun said, because of site rules. Unless it goes against group rules, however, you could give us the name of a story and link to the author's story list. :trixieshiftright: There's also another execption: You can directly link to mature stories in a group thread ONLY if that particular group is marked NSFW. As of now, only group admins can check that status...
EDIT: See this other comment of 4357298's.

Proper Noun
Group Admin

As of now, only group admins can check that status...

Seeing as that's the case, I might as well mention that currently, the group NSFW setting is disabled.

DH7
Group Admin

Is there any way of contacting the author at all?

I'm normally not fond of the whole practice of adopting a fic, but if my favorite fic were to be deleted, I'd probably contact the author and ask them if they would be cool with me re-writing it, that is, if I couldn't convince them to re-upload.

I realize that some people delete fics that they are ashamed of, but I find it hard to believe that a fic favored by another writer with a good reputation, would be deleted because the author felt ashamed of it. That doesn't add up. I know that some fanfic authors transform their works into original fics for publishing, but I find that a little hard to believe in a fandom, such as this.

Proper Noun
Group Admin

I've seen authors pull well-received fanfiction for a variety of reasons.

a) fear that it will impact their careers
b) leaving fimfiction, and taking their toys with them
c) embarrassment that this is what got a good reception (I've done this one :trollestia: )

I've heard good things about that one series where Applejack is a changeling.

I could contact the author, but I suspect that it's a career thing. I spoke with them once before and they were working in video game writing, so it's possible that they wanted to clean up any traces of IP infringement from their past to work on something cool.

I could rewrite it, but it's not really my style. I was able to track it down on Archive.org and at least the downloads work there, but it's a loss for all my favorite lists because that one was always my go-to Applejack/AppleDash rec.

hawthornbunny
Group Admin

Yours Truly by Thanquol. A story so good, I actually can't bring myself to read it again.

DH7
Group Admin

they were working in video game writing

*Drools uncontrollably.*

. I was able to track it down on Archive.org and at least the downloads work there, but it's a loss for all my favorite lists because that one was always my go-to Applejack/AppleDash rec.

Oh, well at least you can still go read it (if I understand correctly.) I was just thinking of a scenario where I'd never be able to read one of my favorite fics again. There aren't many that I'd re-read, but for those that I would, it would suck to not have access to any copy of them. I might want to think about downloading some fics, now that I think about it.

4323425 Can't decide between this one or this other one. They're both amazing and by the same author, but they're not sequels to each other. But their still really good

I think... It's probably subject to change. I was tempted to say Bookplayer's The Homesteading, but I'm also considering Let Me Tell You About the Hole in My Face by Slavoj Zizek.

Proper Noun
Group Admin

As of now, only group admins can check that status...

As of whenever (the above may simply have been incorrect before, I don't know), "(nsfw)" will show up next to the group name if NSFW status is enabled. Example:

I actually had noticed that, but it slipped my mind to come back to this thread. :twilightsheepish:

Groups status is also tied into the "View Mature" setting now, so people who have that turned off won't see those groups. Instead, they will get a message saying:

This group is marked as nsfw. Please enable mature content to view this group.

As of whenever

According to a comment I left on knighty's profile, the change with group status happened roughly 2 days or so after I posted my previous comment here.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20