Silverstream 216 members · 130 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

I really love her design and her personality, so she's one of my four favorite characters (other three being Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Sunset Shimmer).

I always felt the Young Six were the saving grace of Season 8 (though even they didn't balance out Non-Compete Clause, forcing me to ignore an episode with them prominently featured in it). All of them are fun to have around in some way, but Silverstream is my favorite of them all.

That said... I debated with myself for a bit whether to ignore Seasons 8 and 9, there were bits of them I didn't like that couldn't be restricted to episodes I could just ignore. (Most notably a few issues with the school)

Now, of course this would mean we don't get to see Chrysalis and Sombra standing side by side, Sombra destroyed by the Mane 6 (though it would make his S3 death final) after more lines and screentime, however more pompous and campy he is (The Beginning of the End is my favorite episode), or Chrysalis and Tirek officially turned to stone (though my plan would be to ignore everything To Where and Back Again onward except The Perfect Pear and the movie) after comical interactions with each other and and Cozy Glow.

And as Season 8 goes? Celestia prancing, for one, and also of course the Young Six and Kirin would no longer exist. This would include Ocellus, Smolder, Gallus, Sandbar, and Yona. (Not to mention nopony would ever bite Sweetie Belle's tail, alone of the CMC, which Scootaloo does in the Season 8 finale, though the Mane 6 becoming a full tailbiting set was more important and came true in Season 2)

But what sealed my final decision to go by Seasons 8 and 9 as canon (aside from select episodes I ignore like Non-Compete Clause or Yakity-Sax) until they disappear for good (and it doesn't seem they will - even if pulled from Netflix and Hulu, a.) People are sure they will remain somewhere else and stuff isn't as easy to erase from the internet as original dub of DBZ back then, and b.) Official region-free DVD's can be ordered from Malaysia on ebay) is this excitable stair-loving Storm King-fearing hippogriff. One of my favorite characters. I do not want to be the one to kill Silverstream in my headcanon - if anyone will do that it'll be Hasbro, and even they might not be able to. (Officially Silverstream's true death will be of old age in G5 along with everyone else, rather than being erased from canon)

So Silverstream was the deciding factor in me not ignoring Seasons 8 and 9. (I don't know how many people here would consider that a good thing or a bad thing, but if you're in this group chances are you aren't ignoring those seasons since they're the only ones she appears in)

I agree, I alway enjoy the Young Six and Silverstream and they are the only reason I watch season 8

Btw Ocellus is my second favorite, she's adorable and reminds me of Fluttershy.

Me two! Ocellus is my second favorite along with Smolder and Silverstream

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4