In General 586 members · 3,889 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14

The comedic failures they are throughout most of the series?

Or the serious threat they were during the first two seasons of Black And White?

I enjoy both versions, though to be honest... I might just about prefer them being serious. I guess it helps that I basically grew up watching the BW series (Even though I started with DP).

The latter for me, though I don't mind their comedic moments. Well, barring their Hoenn phase.

PREPARE FOR TROUBLE!
MAKE IT DOUBLE!

To protect the world from devastation
To unite all peoples within our nation
To denounce the evils of truth and love
To extend our reach to the stars above
Jessie!
James!

Team Rocket, blast off at the speed of light!
Surrender now, or prepare to fight, fight, fight!

Meowth, that's right!

TEAM ROCKET!!! PIKA! PIKA!

sykko #7 · 2 weeks ago · · ·

Wobbafet!

I prefer their comedic moments the most, since I prefer them for that naturally. =3

Never seen BW, so this serious phase you speak of is foreign to me. However, I really don't like their all black attire. Their original uniform had a little bit more of an appeal, drawing attention to themselves like the showboatists that they are, but their full black uniforms feel a bit... stormtroopish, like they're part of the lower ranking grunts.

...a seriously threatening Jessie, James, and Meowth ...guess all that shock therapy got their act together.

I like them both honestly. I've seen the Pokemon anime from day one, and so I grew up seeing Team Rocket (Jessie, James and Meowth) failing time and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again- You get the idea.

Now, their comical angle is fun and even outrageous, but in all honesty it was actually refreshing to see them more serious, competent and capable.

Whereas much of their shticks got old or even annoying. Like... one of my biggest peeves with them was the overly-elaborate mechas and contraptions they used to steal pokemon and commit other crimes. Jessie, James and Meowth always complained about not having much money to afford decent meals and comforts as well as working jobs to scrounge up enough cash... only to blow it all on their schemes that almost always involved those mechas and machines, which always got destroyed whether by their own incompetence, arrogance, or especially by the attacks of Ash's pokemon, especially Pikachu's.

If they'd done their crimes with more finesse, strategy, and with less expensive machines or equipment, they would surely have been able to afford better for themselves. Not to mention, more than once it was implied or even outright stated that they owed money to the Team Rocket organization (presumably for using the organization's funds for their expenses that went to waste becuz of their constant failures) which led to them being followed by a Delibird for a while as it came and went to collect what they owed to the organization from them

Not to mention they always got ahead of themselves, thinking victory would be in the bag, and underestimating their foes and even the pokemon they tried to steal. Another shtick that got old was the boss fantasies, where Meowth would say "Imagine the Boss..." and then hypothesize a silly or even idiotic scenario about their boss and how a pokemon they had their eyes on would serve or please their boss in some way, often ridiculous or even stupid

Also, there were times that it utterly baffled me how these three could be loyal to a criminal organization that showed them no loyalty or respect in return. Not that they deserved respect becuz of their constant failures and expenses. It was only in Black & White onward that Jessie, James, and Meowth started getting more attention and respect from Giovanni, tho that seemed to deflate a little after Black & White but they were still taken somewhat more seriously than they were in the past

Now, Jessie, James, and Meowth, are, in their own ways, actually quite talented and capable, but they waste their abilities on Team Rocket when they could do so much more for themselves. Jessie was a talented-enough Coordinator to make it to the Grand Festival. Meowth was an excellent ramen chef. James... well, nothing comes to mind for James, atm. But they're also great announcers, like when they worked at the Battledome, using excellent commentary and word usage to enhance the Battledome experience, for both the spectators and the participants.

My point there is, they could do so much for themselves without Team Rocket, and I honestly think they'd be better off and even happier. But no! It's like they're unable to truly comprehend a life w/o Team Rocket and so they're like prisoners in a prison of their own making.

CHIIIIIIME!

James was a spectacular Pokéringer in "That's Just Swellow!"

Until his skills got sucked out of him and transferred over to Paul in DP for some reason.

*Pokémon get captured* "What's going on!?"

Jessie: What's going on is the question indeed...
James; The answer to come as we feel the need.
Jessie: Bringing the white light of evil into the future!
James: Thrusting the hammer of justice on the black darkness of the universe!
Meowth: Carving our names in the rock of eternity!

The fiery destroyer! I'm Jessie!

And, with thunderous emotion, I am James!

Wisest of the wise! I'm Meowth!

And now we gather, under the name of Team Rocket!

Personally, either one works for me. They were the only reason that had me watch Pokémon from time to time to begin with. In reality, they were practically the main reason fans kept coming back, not to mention half the reason Ash's Pokémon became what they are today. In fact I made a post on how fans might miss them more than Ash & CO.. Here's the link: https://www.fimfiction.net/group/213913/the-share-center/thread/508379/miss-team-rocket

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14