Scootaloo 2,573 members · 3,263 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14
RaylanKrios
Group Admin

Read here before going on:

Have you read a Scootaloo story that you think is one of the best ones out there? Not just a good read but a story that should be held up as an exemplar to other Scootauthors.

Well, here is the place to tell us. This is the thread where people can nominate any Scootaloo story they want to be added to "The Best Stories" folder.

Nominations must include the following:

• Title and a link to the story (Link, not URL!)
• The Author
• A few sentence description of the story
• (Optional) Excerpt from the story (should display why this story is great)
• (Optional) A statement from you explaining why you think this story is worthy of the Hall of Fame.

Unlike the old system, we're doing away with nomination seasons, it's now rolling admission. Also we won't be publishing the vote. Periodically I'll call for a vote on any stories that have been nominated that I think deserve one (this doesn't mean I'm going to vote yes, just that the story is good enough that I believe it has a shot of getting in) .

You may nominate your own work so long as you do so judiciously. Do not sumbit your whole catalog, do not sumbit that one shot you wrote at two am that no one likes.

Fellow Admins: You can bring any story up to a vote, this way I am not the sole gatekeeper. You also may not vote on any story you wrote/edited.

If a story gains entry it will be featured on the front page. I will be deleting nominations as they are processed in an effort to help keep this organized.

Comment posted by Amber Spark deleted Apr 9th, 2017

Title: MLDC: SHAZAM, Equestria's Mightest Mare!
Descirption:

something happened to me, I don't know...I got sucked into some weird dimension thingy and I got turned into an alicorn! But it only happens when I say a certain word. This old pony told me that this power should only be used to protect others, and stop something bad that would come back to hurt a lot of ponies. I don't know what's coming, but I won't let it hurt my friends, or anypony, and to those who dare try, I got one word for you..."
SHAZAM!!!

Excerpt:

“The power you were talking about, can it save my friends?!”

“Yes, but realize that by me bestowing this power upon you, you carry with it all the power, knowledge, and skill of the ancients. A power that can nary be matched by others and will call upon you to fight against the vilest evils of your world, knowing this, will you accept it?”

Scootaloo nodded vigorously. “I will, just tell me what I have to do!”

The Wizard’s cloak and beard parted down the middle, showing the symbol of a blue glowing lightning bolt on his chest. “You must speak the magic word Scootaloo, say ‘Shazam’.”

Scootaloo gave the Wizard a confused look, but complied with his instruction. “Shazam…?”

“No, you must speak it with your good intentions and righteous fury poured into it. Feel it in your heart and speak the word of power!”

Scootaloo closed her eyes and concentrated, letting the good memories and feelings fill her heart and the righteous fury burn inside her and give her strength. She then opened them and spoke the magic word of power.

“SHAZAM!!! ”

Explanation:
I seriously think this should make it as it is well writen, doesn't contradict it self and is very descriptive.
Plus Scootaloo is SHAZAM! such an awesome story...
I also recommend you read it

BD out

Edit: why did I do this? I can't even write things like this well...

Comment posted by Titanium Dragon deleted Apr 9th, 2017

Title: Scoot's Company

Author: ShortSkirtsAndExplosions

Description:

Scootaloo spends an afternoon out with Applejack and Rainbow Dash.

Explanation: This story takes an interesting look at Scootaloo being adopted as part of a family, and is an interesting look at not only the relationship between Scootaloo and Rainbow Dash, but also a look at what it would be like if Scootaloo lived with Applejack. It is an interesting idea, and there's a bit of a gut punch here as you come to realize just what is going on.

Title: Best Young Flyer

Author: Bookplayer

Description:

Scootaloo has a job as a flight instructor in Cloudsdale and a cloud house of her own. She doesn't have a special somepony, but she's cool with that. Just a normal life for a normal young pegasus, until a streak of rainbow turns her life upside-down.

After all, could she really resist the chance to train for the Best Young Flyers competition with a Wonderbolt? Could she turn down an offer of no-strings-attached passion with the most awesome pegasus in Equestria? Is there any way she could not fall in love with the shining idol of her foalhood?

Could Scootaloo ever say no to Rainbow Dash?

Explanation: Set about ten years after the present in the show, this story examines a relationship between an 18 year old Scootaloo and a 28 year old Rainbow Dash. It is an interesting examination of the power dynamics in such a relationship, as well as a look at both Scootaloo and Rainbow Dash's personalities and how they would function (or not function) in a romantic relationship, both in general and each other. It is an interesting look at an older Scootaloo and Rainbow Dash, and the mess they make of an attempt at a relationship between them. It is a fun ride and there's a lot of emotional tension throughout this piece.

Comment posted by RuinQueenofOblivion deleted Apr 9th, 2017
RaylanKrios
Group Admin

5847272 you've inadvertainly raised the question of whether self nomination is okay... I'll update the thread later but the short answer is yes, so long as you don't abuse the privilege.

Comment posted by The Chronicler deleted Apr 9th, 2017
Comment posted by RaylanKrios deleted Apr 9th, 2017
Comment posted by The Chronicler deleted Apr 9th, 2017
Comment posted by RaylanKrios deleted Apr 9th, 2017

Scootaloo and the Danger Death Box 4000, by Shortskirtsandexplosions.

Scootaloo discovers an empty cardboard box behind the post office.
This is where her day begins.

If you haven't read this, and you like Scootaloo, then you're sorely lacking in your reading. Do better.

Title: Scootaloo, Professional Orphan
Author: Obselescence
Description: From story itself.

Scootaloo's an orphan, let's get that fact out of the way. She lives in a cardboard box and it's rad as heck.

She also does other orphan stuff.

I'unno.

A rather absurd and satirical take on the common concept of the Scota-orphan concept. Story follows the rise and fall of Scootaloo and her orphan career.

Why: Because you can have only so many feel stories before you get tired of them. I found this story to be rather humorous at depicting the Scoota-orphan concept and at the very least I just wanted to share this funny story with everyone else.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14