• Published 25th Jul 2013
  • 1,275 Views, 46 Comments

Most Wonderful of Nights - Verge77



Nightmare Moon defeted Celestia before she had the chance to send her to the moon.

  • ...
6
 46
 1,275

Lonely Night Part 1

Night walked into her room and closed the door. The lock clicked so no one would intrude. Slowly she walked over to an old wooden chest that looked like it hadn’t been touched in years. She opened it taking a scroll and three black candles. She started setting up the candles; one either side of her and one in front of her. She lit them with her magic giving them a dark blue flame and she closed her eyes. She was deep in concentration.

After half an hour of sitting like this she opened her now glowing white eyes. She was enveloped by black, shadowy tendrils until nothing was visible. The tendrils formed into a large ball and that ball became smaller and smaller until there was nothing remaining.

Night opened her eyes once more and looked around at the dark environment. She could see nothing. Even she, the princess of the night could see nothing in this realm of shadow.

She made her steps carefully focusing on the shadows ahead of her. Ducking under branches and stumbling over rocks. She had a clear goal and she knew how to find it. She may have been the only living thing to ever visit the temple she was heading too.

She saw a glint of light through the near invisible trees. Her slow trot broke into a gallop, heading towards the source of the light.

That’s when she tripped on a rock sending her off a small cliff. She rolled and bounced down the incline. She hit rocks and tree roots on her way down. At the bottom of the hill she hit her head against a tree, knocking her unconscious.

***

Chrysalis watched Night retreat to her quarters. She was worried about her but had more to worry about than her friend. “My Queen! A young Unicorn by the name of Twilight wishes to have an audience with you” a guard yells from the door. A hush went over the room and guards stood in place, both pony and changeling stood ready.

“Let her inside” Chrysalis states as two of her guards opened the doors. Twilight walked inside hesitantly. She was never a fan of the Changelings.

“H-hello my Queen. I-I have a question” Twilight hesitantly stated. She nervously looked around at the two different species of guards, who also looked very concerned.

“Speak child. We are very busy at this moment” Chrysalis said with a strong, confident voice.

“I-Is that pony that recently appeared… P-Princes Celestia?” Twilight asks taking a shaky step forward.

“No that is Sunstroke. She wishes to bring light to our kingdom of darkness. If she succeeds then we will all suffer greatly” Chrysalis said bluntly, unintentionally scaring the small purple unicorn.

"M-Maybe my friends and I could h-help?" Twilight said taking a nerves step backwards.

"You can only help by staying out of the way of the guards... Wait, haven't I seen you before? Yes I know your face..." Chrysalis steps off of her throne, she slowly started making her way down to the unicorn. "Yes I know you. Twilight Sparkle, younger sister of the Ex Captain of the Royal Guard" Chrysalis stops only a few feet away looking down at the now terrified pony.

"Y-y-yes, w-what are you going to d-d-do?" She says cover her head with her fore hooves.

"Enrol you" Chrysalis gave a wicked grin before turning around and heading back up to her throne. "Go home, when your place is ready we will come and get you" She sat back down and made a shooing motion with her hoof. Twilight took the hint and hurried away.