• Published 9th Jan 2014
  • 2,501 Views, 281 Comments

My Little Portal 2 - forevertheDoctor

  • ...
8
 281
 2,501

The Future Starts With YOU!

Pinkie trotted away from the door and towards two small buttons with her trusty portal gun in her hooves. She pressed a button that raised the bridge. She proceeded to press the other button which caused a cube to fall out of the orange portal and bounce against the bridge. She retrieved the cube and used it to open the door.

"WELL DONE. THE INSTRUMENT CENTER REMINDS YOU THAT ALTHOUGH CIRCUMSTANCES MAY APPEAR BLEAK, YOU ARE NOT ALONE. ALL APERTURE PERSONALITY CONSTRUCTS WILL REMAIN FUNCTIONAL IN APOCALYPTIC LOW POWER ENVIRONMENTS OF AS FEW AS 1.1 VOLTS." said the robotic voice. The two mares continued down the next set of stairs. Rainbow Dash looked up at the cubes being stacked in the tube above the elevator and she attempted making a joke in these apocalyptic circumstances.

"Look Pinkie, those cubes are combining to form...um...Voltron!" Dash said as she pointed to the cubes. Pinkie's mane stood up and she trembled and bolted to the top of the stairs.

"Aaaah...I'm scared!" said Pinkie. Rainbow Dash facehoofed and went to the top of the stairs to console her friend. After Dash had convinced her friend Voltron wasn't going to kill her, Pinkie followed Rainbow Dash as they went to the next floor in the elevator.

"THIS SYSTEM USES THE PRINCIPLES OF MOMENTUM FOR MOVEMENT THROUGH PORTALS. THE LAWS OF PHYSICS NO LONGER APPLY IN THE FUTURE." said the voice. Pinkie Pie snorted.

"Please! The laws of physics are SO four seasons ago!' said Pinkie confidently trotting ahead. Rainbow gave her a quizzical look but followed her without questioning her motives. They went through the door and Pinkie shot a portal at the wall. The two mares jumped through and fell down to the next puzzle. Dash, who had prepared herself for a high drop, landed more gracefully than last time. They walked around the room and Pinkie found a large metal pit. Without using any logic at all, she shot a portal at the bottom, grabbed Dash's hoof, and jumped down to the bottom, pulling Rainbow Dash with her. The plummeted into the portal and Rainbow couldn't help but let out a yelp of surprise.

"Oh Celestia, we're dead. WE'RE DEAD!" shouted Dash. Contrary to her belief, they both landed safely in front of the door.

"Ok, how are we gonna get the cube?" asked Pinkie. Dash very helpfully shrugged. Pinkie sighed and trotted away in an exploration to find the cube. She found a glass container that held a cube inside of it. She gave a little victory cheer and shot a portal beneath the cube, causing it to fall out of the orange portal to the end of the metal pit. Pinkie jumped down from their platform to retrieve the cube. She shot another portal at the bottom of the pit. Pinkie threw the cube into the portal and jumped after it. They both appeared by the door and Rainbow placed the cube on the red button. The door opened and the male robotic voice could be heard again.

"IF YOU ARE NOT AN EMPLOYEE FOR THIS FACILITY AMONG THE RUINS OF THE TESTING SITE, WELCOME! AND REMEMBER; TESTING IS THE FUTURE, AND THE FUTURE STARTS WITH YOU!" said the recorded message. Dash looked at her friend in confusion and the party pony just shrugged. They walked through another Emancipation Grill and advanced to the next test. After walking around, the ponies found an orange portal far below the platform they were standing on. Dash cringed. No way. She was DONE with high drops. Pinkie gulped and shot another portal at an angled platform. The orange portal opened. Pinkie Pie gulped again.

"Well...the future starts with us...right?" Pinkie murmured shakily. She jumped off the safety of the platform. Rainbow Dash had tried to stop her, but it was too late.

"GERONIMO!" Pinkie shouted as she jumped into the orange portal and emerged from the blue one, her body like an arrow. She landed on all four hooves on the other side and stood next to the cube triumphantly. Dash suddenly felt self conscious. In what universe was PINKIE PIE braver than HER?

Author's Note:

This is a nice turn of events. Take away Dash's wings and she loses all her courage.