• Published 7th Feb 2014
  • 1,329 Views, 21 Comments

A Last Letter - WarPonyAssassin



Rainbow Dash writes one last letter to Applejack from her home on the clouds. Trying to comfort the poor mare with the choice she's made now.

  • ...
5
 21
 1,329

The Last Letter

Applejack... I hoped this letter reaches you in time, or rather not in time. As I know the moment you read it, you'll come running to stop me. The truth is... I can't go on. I'm not the strong mare you think I am, I'm not the one you need. All I am is in pain and causing you pain. I know it hurts you to be with me, but you can't let go. So I am making that decision for you. I know this will hurt you, and I am sorry for that. But i also know it will spare you from so much more hurt that I will cause in the future. But here's the truth, I did fall in love with you, I do love you, even after I'm gone I will love you. But I can't stand to see you in pain, and I can't stand the hurting that I'm in. Applejack.... I truly thought we'd be together forever. But I don't want you to ever leave me, that is another reason I have done this. Because I can't bear you leaving me... So I have decided to leave first, I know its gonna be hard to get through, I know its hard to understand. So here is my explanation:

I was never the pony I seemed, I only put that act on to help you. I wasn't courageous, I wasn't fearless, I certainly wasn't strong. All of it, forced so that I could stay by you and help you through every day that hurt you. Every day, every night, I fear I will say the wrong word, or do the wrong thing and you'll leave me. That you'll be gone forever. Pinkie Pie says I'm just being a paranoid pony, but I saw what her and Rarity went through, I don't want that for us. It hurts so much just thinking about it.

I'm dying slowly anyways, I never told you that. Doc said I have a bad heart condition, and the stress is only making it worse. I went about three days ago. Nurse Redheart is the one that broke it down, she told me.... She told me I had maybe a half a year at best. And that was if I stopped having stress all together. But I know i couldn't do that. I know I couldn't live for that short while knowing that I'd die and how much it would hurt you.

This isn't the first time I've thought about this, so I don't want you thinking it was a spur of the moment mistake. I've thought about it more times than even Twilight can count (Ok maybe not her but you get the point) I planned this out, over and over, wrote letter after letter. Never could do it, always threw them away or burned them so you wouldn't find out. I thought if I could just play the tough one a little longer, things would work out. But they didn't, and everytime they didn't I got weaker and weaker. I never could do it before now, I couldn't stand hurting you, but after the most recent stuff we've went through... the fights, the feelings of me being useless to you now, it broke me. So now I finally did it, I'm not happy I did it, but I'm not sad either. I just.... am... I don't know what I feel about it. The only thing I can really tell is lonliness and a worry about you and everypony else. I am a little sad, I'll never get to see Fluttershy's blush again, or your cute smile and thick country accent. I'll never get to go to another of Pinkie's party's, they were always the best. I'll never get to see those crazy fillies get their cutie marks. I know I'll never see you again, but I know that you are a strong mare and you always will be.

I want you to break it to Scoots personally now that I think about her and the others. Not soon, maybe when she matures a little, just... make up a story to all the fillies and colts, say I joined the wonderbolts or am out of Ponyville for a while... I mean if you can't I understand, it'll be hard I know... Funny... my dream of joining the wonderbolts seems to be almost the last thing on my mind. Even though I'll never have that chance now, maybe they'll say something in my name. How hard I tried... I hope not though, I want to be remembered for my bravery, even as false as it was. Not my cowardice. Try to keep it away from Pinkie Pie to, I almost worry about her as much as you. Twilight maybe can understand, you should probably tell her first. And I'm sure Celestia and Luna will find out. I wonder how Discord will feel, heh, he'll probably try to revive me and tell me how stupid I was and how boring me being dead is.

My pain is easing away slowly now, so I guess I should end this note soon. I suppose there isn't much more to say, my jaw is sore.. heh, funny, thats the only pain I feel right now. I can barely move anything else. I guess It's finally time. I'm sorry Applejack, I hope you find somepony better, I hope you don't share the same fate as me, even though I know you'll be tempted by it. So I hope that you live on and have a wonderful life, not because you want to, but because I want you to. You deserve better Applejack. I'm sorry, just know, that not even for a moment, that I ever stopped loving you. Always know, that I always loved you, and I always will. No matter what the afterlife brings. Goodbye Applejack. I love you...

Love. With all my heart.
Rainbow Dash.

Author's Note:

Just... just a short sad thing i did at 4 a.m. i dont care how it looks... i just thought, you know i made it i might as well upload it. I rated it teen even though I don't think it should be. There's just a hint of suicide, no real anything about it or blood or nothing. But... yeah... read it... if you like it comment... if not dont... doesnt matter... I might make a sequel... doubt it

Comments ( 20 )

*sniffle* *sniffle* It's liquid pride *sniffle*
:fluttershysad::raritycry::raritydespair:

It's good but im not going to like it yet, but im not going to dislike it either. :derpyderp2:
Firstly please use your pony grammar, i saw a few everybody/someone's in there, that stuff really spoils the mood your trying to set.
Secondly please check your spelling and capitalise you I's.
Thirdly, i think that its really good and has got me thinking about doing something similar. It's a great letter, just with a few mistakes that somewhat ruin the mood.

3943744
It's good*, but *I'm not going to like it, *nor am I going to dislike it*. :derpyderp2:
Firstly*, please use your correct terminology*, I saw a few *non-pony-universe-words in there, it really spoils the mood that you're trying to set.
Secondly*, please check your spelling,* and capitalize* your* I's.
(This is fragmented, reword the sentence)Thirdly, I* think that its really good and has got me thinking about doing something similar. It's a great letter, just with a few mistakes that somewhat ruin the mood.

Please don't tell someone to correct their grammar if your own isn't correct.:facehoof:

3962519 You don't need correct gramma if it's a comment. No pony is going to pay attention to this comment besides you. I was just trying to help you out a bit. But if your going to be an arse about it, leave it and watch the dislikes pill up. No pony care about the gramma in a bloody comment, people will care though if your story is filled with uncapitalised I's and non-pony gramma. So stop trying to criticise me and fix your mistakes. Just for that, I'm going to dislike the story but might like it later if I see that you have taken my advice and stopped being a dick about it!

3962570
3962519
Would you gentleman please not argue on my comments and not worry? And Friendship is Magic? You shouldn't dislike just because of what someone else said on a comment. That makes no sense at all. Frankly I wasn't writing the story for people to like it, i was writing it as a suicide letter to my friend. But i was talked out of it and decided to post it here.

Sorry, I actually thought that that comment was made by you. I thought that you were insulting me when all I tried to do was help. Sorry about the confusion, I don't mind it when people don't think that what I said is a better way to put it or give's me a reason why it's that way, I just hate it when people shove it all back in your face and basically say screw you. As I said before, I didn't actually check to see who wrote it and naturally assumed that that comment was made by you. Sorry. I will change my dislike to a like because I do like it and just got annoyed at little minionz. Sorry again.:applecry:

And just a question, why is the picture of Pinkie and Rainbow, when it's about Rainbow writing to Applejack. :applejackunsure:

3963831
Its quite alright, and I've been meaning to change it but I can't find a good Applejack/Rainbow Dash picture that fits

3963868 Yeah, sorry i don't have any picture I could give you but if I find one, I'll be sure to let you know. :pinkiehappy:

That suit's the letter a lot more now. I really like the picture.

3963950
Good :twilightblush: it was the only one i had that fit

So this was originally a suicide letter you wrote to your friend? Where you really thinking of committing suicide? I'm glad that you didn't, to me suicide makes no sense. Why would you throw your life away when there is so much more that you could experience, life can change dramatically in just a matter of days, so why get hooked up on a few bad things. But at the same time i know why people do commit suicide. I've had to talk one of my friend's out of it a few times because they thought that their life wasn't worth living. I sincerely hope that you don't have any of those thoughts left in your mind and if you ever do start thinking like that again, I'd be willing to talk with you about it. Because life is such a wonderful thing and shouldn't be discarded before you have experienced every thing it has to offer.

3964010
It wasn't a matter of me being in pain. it was a matter of the pain i caused the ones i loved by worrying about me so much. But i got through it more or less. Thank you though for your concern :scootangel:

I understand what you went through in a way similar to this. I too wrote a letter, but you already saw that. I'm over it in a way. I look back at it, and sigh. Just know you can always PM me, and we can talk. If not, just always know I'm here to bother.

Aside from that. People who try to point out grammatical errors, this is a letter. A suicide one at that. I believe the last thing on ones mind when writing it would be to dot their I's or cross their T's.

This was not a story, but a letter. Not a paper, but a note.

I make a big deal, and I'm sorry to do it on your comment section. It's a way to vent for me. Through opened wounds to ones just made. I am here to talk. Even if I am bad at helping.

This was a'ight.

Vik

I quite liked it. Good job.

Login or register to comment