• Published 10th Feb 2015
  • 4,239 Views, 147 Comments

Midnight's wish - Sugarcube66



When a young filly turns up on Twilight's doorstep, in the middle of a stormy night, coated in bruises, Twilight takes her in but is in for a shock when she discovers who the filly is.

  • ...
14
 147
 4,239

Sisters

Evening had passed over Ponyville. It had took the sisters only about a hour to retrieve everything on the shopping list. Nyx had done most of the work as Night had shifted into a gloomy silence. The older filly looked worriedly at her sister as they walked home, the filly had been silent since they had briefly seen Midday Wish but then again, it didn't surprise her. Night had only just seen her sister, who she hadn't seen in about a month, but didn't get to even speak to her. It must have been heartbreaking. 'I have to tell mom about this, she can talk to Zecora. I'm sure' thought Nyx.

''Nyx, Night. You back?'' called a voice.

'Speak of the devil.....' thought Nyx, knowing who it was. ''Yeah, mom. But we have something to tell you.''

Twilight came out of the kitchen, holding a couple of daffodil and daisy sandwiches in her lavender magical aura. She gave her adoptive daughters a sandwich each, keeping hold of one for herself. She then spoke, as the fillies bite into their sandwiches. ''What do you need to talk to me about?''

Nyx swallowed before answering. ''Can we sit down at the table first before we talk, mom?''

Twilight nodded and lead the fillies into the kitchen. They sit down, Night was the first of her and Nyx to notice that Spike was cooking some of his cookies at the stove. She continued to stare into space until Twilight caught the white filly's attention by asking. ''So, what did you need to talk to me about, you two?

Nyx was the one to answer the question. ''Well, at the market. We had just brought apples from Applejack and walked away when Night froze in place. I had asked her what was wrong and she replied with 'Look over there'. Being confused at what to look at, I asked her what and she replied with a simply 'Midday Wish'.''

Night nodded and continued for her adoptive sister. ''I saw.........her, with a filly.......that according to Nyx is called Lavender, buying apples. I told Nyx that I wanted to see..............and speak to Midday once more, but by the time.............I had made my mind to move forward, she was gone. Shocked by this, I ended up spending.................the rest of the afternoon thinking about her.''

''I see. Nyx, by this 'Lavender' do you mean as in Zecora's young daughter?'' asked Twilight, processing what she had just heard.

''I do, mom. The filly was a zebra unicorn hybrid filly just like Lavender.''

''I see. Well, tomorrow then I'll go meet Zecora and tell her about Night and everything and see whether I can get Midday to come with me. But, it's getting late and you have a early start tomorrow, remember it's school.''

As soon as the two fillies nodded and went to bed, Twilight went into thought of how she could talk to Zecora about Night's sister. She could just go over for some tea and then bring it up but that didn't seem good. The lavender mare sighed, before beginning to write a letter, Spike had just came over to the table so it looked over it as his surrogate sister. ''Twilight, what are you writing to Zecora for. I mean, I heard what Nyx and Midnight said but why write?''

''Spike, I'm writing to let her know that I'm coming over tomorrow while the girls are at school because I need to talk to her about something.'' explained Twilight, to the baby dragon.

''Oh, I see. You want me to send it?''

''When it's done.'' said Twilight, still levitating to quill. She then smiled. ''Okay, look it over and send it.'' Spike nodded, took the letter and began scanning over it with a smile.

Dear Zecora.

I am writing to you to say that I'll be coming over to your cottage today. Nyx and my newly adopted daughter will be at school so don't worry about that. I'll be there about 10 and I have something to talk to you about so can you make sure that Lavender is nearby because she needs to hear this.

Twilight.

''I'll send it then.'' said Spike, holding the letter next to his mouth. Twilight nodded as she bit into one of the cookies that were resting on the table. Spike smiled and blow out his flaming fire breath and evaporated the letter. Normally, he was would letters to Celestia but he did have the ability to send to other ponies or zebras too. The baby dragon yawned and said ''Well, I'm going to bed, Twi. See you tomorrow. Wait, before I go up, can I come with you tomorrow?''

''Sure, Spike. Now, night.''

''Night, Twi.''


The next day, Nyx and Midnight had left for school. Twilight was getting everything with her ready for venturing into the Everfree. She had spent most of the night awake trying to figure out how to explain the situation to Zecora but was pretty ready now. Spike was waiting to his sister at the door. To him, this was as boring as a peach.

''Are you done yet, Twilight?'' He called out, as the lavender alicorn passed by him.

''One more moment, Spike.'' Was the reply. ''I'm almost done.''

Sure as her word, Twilight came running only moments later. Spike sighed in relief, and the two left the castle. The trek out of town didn't take longer then 5 minutes so soon they were walking towards the Everfree Forest. Twilight flinched when she saw the forest, she remembered that she had been in there twice to save her daughters, it wasn't a place that she at all liked.

''Twilight? Come on, we don't want to be there too late. Remember, our goal is to reunite Midday and Midnight.'' said Spike, for the entrance of the forest.

Twilight nodded, still lost in thought but spoke softly. ''Your right, I shouldn't be worrying. This is for Night after all.''

The pair smiled at one another before walking into the spooky forest. Whilst it wasn't a bad during the day, the forest still had it's spooky tint and Twilight didn't like it but she continued forth, she had to do this for Night and for her sister after all. The pair contiued along the earthen path till they reached the creepy-ish cottage of Zecora's.

Twilight moved forward and heard chatter from the inside, three different voices. One she recognized as Zecora's, the rhyming gave it away. A very childlike one with a couple of rhymes was obviously Lavender but the last one she knew without being familiar to it. The sweet, harp like notes that formed the melodic tone reminded her of Night's voice so it had to be Midday's.

She went over to the door and knocked on it. She waited for a moment, before a rhyming voice welcomed her in. ''Twilight, I see. Please do come in and wait for me.''

Twilight smiled. She looked behind her and saw Spike at the edge of the cottage's tree-like features. She nodded, giggling and he came over to her. Seconds later, Twilight pushed open the door and walked inside. The appearance of the cottage didn't need to be taken in by the mare but the appearance of a certain unicorn was: The filly looked about 5, though Twilight knew better, with a brown coat and red mane. Both had been described to her by Night and those burning, shining eyes of golden drew Twilight in. She was broken from the hypnosis by a voice so cute that nopony could ignore. ''Awntie Twiwight? Yow awe Auntie Twiwight Spawkle, wight?''

''Yeah....'' murmured Twilight, looking down at the colorful zebra hybrid. ''Hello, Lavender.''

''Hi!'' cried the four year old, before she spotted Spike. ''Oh, Drawon!''

''Hello, Twilight. Why do you brace us with sudden light?'' said Zecora, walking over with Midday by her side.

''Uh.'' mumbled Twilight, trying to decipher what Zecora had said. ''Well, I have something to talk to you about. And it involves this unicorn filly by your side, Zecora.''

''This involves Midday. Well, I see, come and say.'' said Zecora, leading the alicorn mare to a small table on the floor. ''I can't tell if this is going to be bad, but I do hope Midday doesn't become mad.''

''Well, it's not the 'bad' that she would expect. Well, do you know that Midday, here, had a twin sister by the name of Midnight Wish?'' asked Twilight. Midday stared at her at the sound of her sister's name.

''Well, I do remember her saying. But It wasn't day.''

''I see, so you didn't process it well.'' said Twilight, before she began explaining what had happened ''Well, about a month ago, a small filly came to my home at the castle. She was cold and muddy, covered in bruises, scars and cuts and this gaping hole on the side of her back. It looked like she had been through a epic pony war but I couldn't tell due to the time of night. I didn't get many answer out of her but I did catch her name, Midnight Wish. I told her that she could stay for as long as necessary. But, about two weeks ago, two fillies from her school decided to send her into the forest. One of them, Silver Spoon, said sorry and told me where she was and just in time at that. After protecting her from some timberwolves, Midnight said to me 'Mommy'. As for the last two weeks, well. I been living as mother and daughter with the small filly, trying to keep up with her and Nyx as well as my marefriend, Rainbow.''

Midday, who had been listening intently, decided to speak up. ''My sister called you 'mommy' and you have adopted her?'' When Twilight smiled and nodded, the filly asked. ''Can I see her, I want to speak with her. She must think this is all her fault, she wanted to kill herself before we got separated so I feared the worst after I met Lavender and Miss Zecora but now that I know this, please let me see my younger sister, she's all I have left.''

Twilight was a little shocked to hear that the sweet filly she had recently adopted wanted to once kill herself but in reality, she couldn't blame her either. ''Well, that's actually why I came. I wanted you two to reunite, and if you want to, live together as a family once more.''

Midday smiled and was about to nod when a zebra hybrid latched herself onto her. Lavender looked at her with tear filled eyes before a voice came from the small filly's mouth. ''Midi, yow cawwot go. Yow caw't leawe me awone.''

''Lavender. You were the one who said you couldn't wait for me and Midnight to reunite. I wanted to be with my sister again, don't worry I'll be sure to come visit you from time to time, you could even meet Midnight, and if Miss Zecora lets you, maybe you could come visit us from time to time too.''

Lavender didn't reply but she did remove her hooves from around Midi's waist. Midi smiled and whispered ''Thank you.'' The unicorn filly got up and turned to Twilight. ''You'll take me to Midnight, won't you?''

''Of course, but first. You have a nickname? I heard Lavender call you 'Midi' when she was crying and holding onto you.''

''Yeah, Lavender gave it me after I began staying with them. It comes from my name, Mi from Mid and Di from Day, Midi.''

''I see. Well, Midnight also now has a nickname so that makes the pair of you. Her's is Night. Well, with that said. Let's go, Midi. Come along, Spike.'' said Twilight, with a broad smile. The baby dragon smiled back and managed to keep out of Lavender's reach before they left the building. Twilight smiled and said. ''Bye, Zecora. Bye, Lavender. Thanks for keeping Midi safe for me and Night.''


Later that day, Midi and Twilight were waiting in the kitchen for Night's and Nyx's return. The clock had struck 3 O-clock so they should be home soon. A few minutes later, the door opened and two voices said 'We're home' in unison. Literally speak of the devils and they do appear, it was pretty stupid.

''Welcome back, Nyx, Night. Come into the kitchen, I have a surprise waiting for you.'' called Twilight.

''A surprise?'' asked Nyx. The two fillies came into the kitchen. Twilight waited and sure enough, their faces changed. Nyx's changed from confused to shocked in a matter of seconds and Night's changed from confused to crying tears of happiness in less then that of her adoptive sister's reaction time.

''Midday....'' mumbled Night. As she mumbled, her sister got up, arms stretched out, which promoted the small filly to cry out and run towards her sister. ''Midday!''

''Midnight, I'm here. Sorry for making you wait.'' whispered Midi into her younger twin's ear, tears forming in her own eyes. Twilight, Spike and Nyx smiled at the heartwarming scene. The two sister that had been seperated so long had finally found each other and nothing, literally nothing, was going to force them apart any time soon.

Author's Note:

Hello, everyone. Well, this arc has come to a end so I'll be ending this story and starting on the sequel:Midnight's Wish: Adventures of the twin, which shouldn't be as sad or heart breaking as this one but it will have it's moments because I write the best with the dark subjects.

Mentioning sequels, this is will be part of the trilogy. This story and Adventures of the Twins will be back-to-back sequels but the last one will be more of a stand alone but will be linked to the prior two. As for it's name, Midnight's Wish: Baby tales (Don't question the title, you'll find out)

Ps:I still hate rhyming! And as for Lavender suddenly using baby talk, don't ask. I felt like it.

Comments ( 26 )

I feel bad for Lavender.

5790251 Well, she will appear in 'Adventures of the Twins' so she's not forgotten.

I crying now ....
:raritycry::raritycry:
I so... Happy for them...
Night

I really enjoyed this story and i was wondering if you might be planing on working more on one of other story's the one called Foals of the sun Just wondering sorry if i am bugging you and i hope you have a great day:twilightsmile:

5944024 Wow, you two are at it and I already punished her...lol....

5944070 Whatever, I'm not into death. I just like publicly humiliating.

5801464 RIP Mayhem Darkshadow

He's not dead, but not in the fandom anymore.

5944065 ok so a lot of people hate DT i'm one of them can't help it she is a big bully that will never learn till u break her so the death comment may have been a tad overboard i just wanna see her get just what she deserves

5947412 If you continue, you'll see that I paid her back in my own way. I may hate her but I'm not a bad girl.

5713728 hey when I ramble, ignore me, every one else does

6005519 That's lol. Totally, though I don't think you could remove her cutie mark without removing her attitude.

6015315 No, death is to forgiving... torture like looking awful, cleaning out public toilets...

6021038 Um,. how about just send up to Sunny Town from Story of the Blanks.....

6015420 That gave me an idea, I was planning on having them in a relationship when I wrote those chapters, but the moment I planned out the second half, my idea dashed itself.

6624430 but a rainbow is easy once you get to know it all with the help of the Pegasus Device.

6624699 Oh come on...you guys are too harsh on her, for starters this story is over and second, she has been redeem in the show!

6624865 but has she been redeemed in the story or the world

6625072 Technically not but she was punished, pretty embarrassingly at that...

6863548 Interesting theories, but just continue reading.

6863898 Yep, just finished the story. I'll be honest, it was Midnight's mane that threw me.

6866980 Yea, I guess.....it was designed a little of Twilight's but I made sure that it had it's own flare.

7008762 isn't that weird if it turns out Luna is twilight's mom?

Login or register to comment