• Published 15th Feb 2015
  • 886 Views, 10 Comments

The Final Crusade - ImNoPony



A personal take on how the Cutie Mark Crusaders will get their mark. A test that not will only to determine their destinies, but also their fate as the crusaders

  • ...
13
 10
 886

Part 1- The Cutie Mark Consoler

The Final Crusade

The Cutie Mark Consoler

Today's summer day was like any other summer day in Ponyvile. The Summer Sun Celebration had already happened so the ponies were just enjoying their day. Mares gossiping on who is the best stallions, businesses were flourishing and the pegasus with the derped eyes was just hanging and not breaking anything for once. Nope, the only bad thing that was happening at Ponyvile was that Twilight's new crystal castle still sticks out like a sore thumb.

Everyone was enjoying their summer... except for the foals of Miss Cheerilee's class as they still have to go to school. However, not one of them was upset because starting next week, they can spend as much summer fun as they want until autumn.

~~~

As we enter the school house... through the window, all of the children were talking as much as they can before their teacher that they love, Cheerilee, arrives. Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon were laughing like witches as they decide on who they will torment during the summer while the Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo were looking at them in disapproval. After a brief exchange of angry stares that could spark an all-out war, they ignore each other as the little Crusaders plan for their next Cutie Mark getting Crusade.
But the real highlight before the teacher arrives was Snip and Snails who was telling everybody around them about how they are going to do during the summer. Not only no pony believe them, but they were left with confusing and baffled looks. But who could blame them? Snips promised that he and Snails will enter Twilight's new palace, become celebrities and find a legendary creature that hasn't been seen in over 1000 years. F.Y.I for the readers, Trixie had hired them as backstage interns and they were repeating what Trixie had promised them.

As the little ponies were all discussing their plans for the near future, Cheerilee was quietly watching them from behind the door. No matter how much happiness she tries to express on her face, it did nothing to impede the sorrow that grew in her stomach and leaked through her eyes as she knows that soon, SOON, this might be the last time she could get to see them this happy.

"Ok Now My Little Ponies!" said Cheerilee as she entered the room and grabbed the attention of her students. "I know how excited you are but school haven't finished just yet"

As Cheerilee was reaching the side of her desk, the foals quickly disperse and find their seats. Although it wasn't much of a problem, some of the seats had some foals sitting across the room away from their friends.

Once everyone quickly moved to their seats, Cheerilee said: "I know how much you want summer vacation would start already, but we still have a whole week of fun activities to get through." Once she said "fun activities", some of the students became intrigued and couldn't help to make some little noise.

"Now hold on," said Cheerilee before their imagination took them away. "I know I said activities, but we aren't just going to have fun and games. Starting next semester, we are going to the next stage of your education and that we will be going to prepare you for the new trials in your life's."
As she moves side to side of the classroom, Cheerilee explained: "The activates will help test the talents that you have and set you on the path to fulfilling your life dreams. And don't worry, I made sure there still be room for fun"

As everyone became eager for these activates, it stopped however when Diamond Tiara raised her hand. The grin on her face which only the Crusaders know it was sinister intent made it all the worrying.

"Yes, Diamond Tiara!" asked Cheerilee like any other teacher would.
"But Miss Cheerilee, what about the students who don't know what their true talents are yet?" asked by Diamond as she moves her view towards the CMC. "What about the students who haven't got their cutie marks".

Ok, now normally, this wouldn't amount to much aside from a small and pointless jab at the CMC. But however, there was a difference. As Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle look around the classroom, they and Scootaloo were the only ones without cutie marks. I there was any blank-flanks left in the show, they are all gone now in this story. While Diamond Tiara didn't make the class laugh at the Crusaders, it made them do something arguably even worse: it made them pity them. Everyone just feels sorry and pity for them and while nothing was wrong with that, it pushes the Crusaders down that made them feel ashamed.

As Cheerilee wiped any thought of Diamond Tiara was trying to be mean (but she was), she already has a prepared answer for the question.
"Don't worry Diamond Tiara. I have something extra special activity planned for the Cutie Mark Crusaders" replied Cheerilee which surprised everyone. "I never let my students feel down when it's near summer vacation."
"While some-ponies would find their cutie marks really easily, others will find it a really hard time". Normally, Diamond and Silver would look at the CMC because of the comparison, until Cheerilee added: "That's when special ponies with a very special job comes in: a Cutie Mark Consoler". She explains: "A Cutie Mark Consoler are ponies who help find the hidden talent within others and help them find it"

Cheerilee then walked up to the desk of Apple Bloom and pronounces: "Don't worry Cutie Mark Crusaders! You'll get your marks before you finish my class"

~~~

Hours later, Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle were waiting in an empty classroom for their Cutie Mark Consoler to arrive. Cheerilee wanted to wait with them, but she can't leave the other students unsupervised during the other activities. While Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle had some reserve in all of this, Apple Bloom has eager for this pony and keep on checking the window so she can see him.

Apple Bloom jump to her friends and shouted: "Can't You Believe It! We are finally getting our cutie marks!"

"Yeah, but Apple Bloom..." said Scootaloo with a concerned look. "...doesn't it just seem really weird?"

"What do you mean?" asked a puzzled Apple Bloom

"Well... We are the Cutie Mark Crusaders. Doesn't it seem like we failed if we weren't the ones to get our own cutie marks" explained Scootaloo?

Sweetie Belle added, "I'm more concerned how a pony who never been to Ponyvile or know us and instantly find our cutie marks when we've been trying to find ours for way over a year now."

"Aw Come On! I thought the Crusaders are about getting cutie marks. Not how we get them" Apple Bloom argued. "An' besides, remember all those times when we have to learn about accepting help"

"Don't you remind me" respond Sweetie as she remembers a bad memory. "Wait, didn't your sister also learn that" she added.

Ignoring the question (or didn't heard it), Apple Bloom told them: "While it is a little weird that some-pony else is finding our cutie mark for us, I still want all of us to be together when we finally get them."

This somehow made both Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo a little more accepting of getting the consoler's help. Apple Bloom then went over and reached into her saddlebag and brought out her Crusader's cape. Knowing what she had in mind, the other Crusaders grabbed their capes and they all put them on and yell:

"CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS FOREVER!"

Once the girls had a laugh, Sweetie Belle then asked: "You want to know what else I'm curious about... How would a "cutie mark finding" cutie mark would look like?"

"I don't know? Maybe something like our Cutie Mark Crusader's logo" replied Scootaloo. And as soon as she said that, all three of them gasp and get taken over by their fantasies.

"Imagine if our real talents were finding cutie marks" shouted Sweetie Belle as she jumps onto a table.
"Maybe we become Cutie Mark Consolers" suggested by Apple Bloom as she jumps up towards Sweetie.
And last but not least, Scootaloo who mimic her friends and added: "And maybe we help other ponies find their cutie marks."
Then all three of them shouted: "CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS Consolers!"

"I hardly doubt it" said by a unrecognizing voice that despite not being loud, through the Crusader's off their balance and fall to the grounds.
As they pick themselves up, the strange new voice then says "And would you please stop shouting. It's so childish!"

And once the Cutie Mark Crusaders finally stood up and see this pony, they instantly recognize that is pony is their 'Consoler. And who does this pony look like? He looks like John De Lancie Pony.

Author's Note:

So yeah. This is how I think the CMC would start to get their cutie marks. It probably wouldn't be like this, but I believe it might be something close.

For anybody were surprised that it's just summer vacation and not graduation, I try to make it a surprise. Unfortunately, I probably didn't make a good fake out. But since we on the subject, some would now probably wonder why it isn't graduation as it add a lot more drama to the story and for both Cheerilee and the CMC. True, but being true to my name, I don't like "My Little Pony" to be that dramatic (AKA- personal preference). Also, while I don't like the "Status Quo Is God" Trope, I still want Cheerilee to be their teacher by the end of the story. Besides, who doesn't like Cheerilee?

Also, if I-Love-Kim-Possible-Alot doesn't like that I used a ponified version of John De Lancie for the Consoler (especially to what I gunna make him do later), he's has the perfect image for this character.