• Published 22nd Feb 2015
  • 657 Views, 7 Comments

The Other Side - DJ Bronified



What if, when queen chrysalis invaded Canterlot she won. What if the Elements Of Harmony we actually destroyed. If you've ever heard the theory of alternate universes. You know that everything that happens in our Equestria, there is another Equestria

  • ...
 7
 657

The Old Castle

Chapter 4

When we got to the castle we could automatically tell that they were staying for a while. They have carts, that they took the wheels off of and they use it as a barrier. Behind the “barriers”. They had added some wood planks to the rotting stone wall of the castle. They had scaffolds on the inside overlooking the bridge connecting the castle to the Everfree forest. On the scaffolds, there were ponies wearing the same armor as Ice and his patrol. But there armor seemed to be leather instead of iron. As we were walking to the front gate one of the guard ponies approached us.

“newcomers?” he asked Ice.

“Yup” Ice responded.

“open the gate!” yelled the guard pony. The gate slowly rolled open as 3 ponies stepped out from the interior. The lead one was a blue mare with a gray ponytail and a book and feather cutie mark. She was being followed by 2 guard stallions and had a serious look on her face. She pulled a clipboard out as she approached us.

“what is this?” Glowstick asked Ice.

“an inspection. Don’t worry its just to make sure your not a Changeling.” he answered. The inspector pony inspected Shadow first. She open his mouth, stared into his eyes, and then lifted each of his legs up. She wrote something on her clipboard, then moved on to me. She did the same inspection routine to me, but when she go to my foreleg and saw the bandage she got serious. She unwrapped the bandage to see the gash from the pole. She then wrapped it back up and motioned for one of the guard ponies over without taking her eyes off the bandage. The guard pony walked over and stood at attention next to her. The inspector pony stopped looking at my leg and started to write on her clipboard.

“get this pony to the surgeon.” she said without stopping writing.

“surgeon?” I thought nervously. “great”. The guard pony started walking inside of the castle. I looked behind me to see Glowstick flash me a smile. “Ok. They look up to me like a leader. Don t show weakness. Show strength.” I thought as I lifted my head up and trotted into the castle.



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The surgeon had a weird accent. He replaced all his w's with v's and he said “ya!” after every sentence.
“its not much but a flesh vound, you’ll be fine ya.” he told me while he looked at my unbandaged leg. “just keep it wrapped up for a vew more das and you’ll be fine ya.” his accent made my eye twitch. He let me leave, thank Celestia. The guard pony that showed me to the surgeon was outside waiting for me.

“accent growing on ya?” he asked with a smile.

“heh. Yea.” I responded shyly.

“come with me. Ill show you to your room.” he instructed as he started walking down a corridor. Me following. You could tell the castle wasn’t used in thousands of years. The walls had moss growing on them and everything that was metal had completely rusted over or was starting to. The ponies there seemed to have a nice peaceful civilization set up though. there were maps of the place posted everywhere. The maps didn’t seem to have any sort of printing press format to them though. They all look as if they were drawn. On the way to my room I noticed several areas of interest. There was a marketplace that seemed to have a lot of shops set up ranging from clothing to weapons to a bunch of random stuff. My room was set right across from the massive library that a lot of ponies spent there time in from the fact that there was at least 20 in there right now. When I walked into my room Shadow and Glowstick were there to greet me. So was another pony. She was a alicorn but her horn seemed to be broken off. She was gray, but her legs and nose was light blue. She had a black and white mane and her cutie mark seemed to be a music note. They all trotted up to me

“what happen. What did they do?” asked Shadow curiously.

“nothing much he just told me to keep it bandaged up that’s all.” I said and flashed him a smile.

“hey Beat.” Glowstick said happily. “This is my friend Musical. She is a alicorn. But her horn got. um. Taken off.” Glowstick said awkwardly.

“yea I noticed. Nice to meet you musical.” I said smiling, putting my hoof out.

“hi nice to meet you to.” she responded putting her hoof out and shaking mine.
“Beat. Your on the top bunk. I'm below you, and Shadow is across from us." Glowstick said. I turned to him.
“greaaat. Please tell me I didn’t need to bring a pillow or anything?” I asked.
“no theirs already one there for you” Glowstick responded giggling.
“well hey. At least something good happen today.” I said sarcastically as I walked over to my bunk. I was exhausted. Ive been waiting all day to sleep. All I've wanting to do was crash in a nice bed. But I was worried that I wouldn't get a bed to sleep in. it was a relief actually having one. Thankfully, Glowstick had Musical leave. It may seemed rude, but we were all tired from the Everfree. Shadow got in bed as Glowstick went to go put the wall torches we use as lights out. He blew them out, got in bed and it was time to sleep. Luckily I could sleep and I started dozing off.