• Published 22nd Aug 2015
  • 1,439 Views, 57 Comments

The Other Purple Alicorn - QueenMoriarty



There was a time when ponies were not quite so friendly. A time when such qualities had to be tested by the introduction of unknown elements. In a world before Equestria, the unknown element called Princess Twilight Sparkle is introduced.

  • ...
5
 57
 1,439

BONUS: The Author Is Honest With the Readers

I hate this story.

Actually, hate isn't a strong enough word. I despise this story. I loathe its existence. If I could go back in time and prevent myself from writing this story just by peacefully explaining to myself what was destined to go wrong, I would instead prevent this story by stabbing myself in the stomach twenty-seven times with a novelty Buzz Lightyear butter knife. And I don't even know if they make those!!

I never planned to make this story. I never really wanted to make this story. This is a sequel to something that I will not pretend is anything but a dumb regurgitation of a headcanon, except it's not even that, because it somehow instead turned into an in-universe analogue for Twilicorngate. The only reason this thing exists at all was because I was basically unknown at the time I wrote it, and less than five suggestions were able to convince me to write this.

And guess what? It! ADDS!


NOTHING!

MASSIVE FUCKING SPOILERS AHEAD: IF I WERE TO COMPLETE THIS STORY, YOU'D GET MAYBE THREE THOUSAND WORDS EXTRA EMOTIONAL CONTEXT FOR THIS WEIRD PRE-INCARNATION OF TWILIGHT SPARKLE. NO NEW INFORMATION TO SPEAK OF, NOTHING BUT ONE POINTLESS MARE'S PERSPECTIVE AND A SHITLOAD OF MEANINGLESS FILLER DESCRIPTION FOR EVENTS THAT ARE ALREADY ADEQUATELY OUTLINED IN THE ORIGINAL STORY!

On top of that, if I make a rough estimate of my writing abilities as compared over time, this story is crap. Sorry to everyone who likes it, but I can only see crap. And I cannot, in any good confidence, continue writing this when I could be doing much better things with my time. Even if it weren't for the fact that the pacing, characterization and dialogue are atrocious, the entire foundational principle behind this story is deeply, hideously stupid to me. If I came up with an idea like this today, I'd check my breath to make sure I hadn't suddenly developed a severe drinking problem!

And no, no you can't. You cannot convince me to waste another second, another iota of effort, on this piece of shit. It's cancelled. I'm not proud of that fact, but it makes me physically sick to try and continue this bastard child of malformed headcanons and narrative mutation, and I'll be damned if I just let it wallow in in-completion forever.

I do sincerely apologize to the people who actually like this, and wanted to see it continued. I do not bear you any ill will for enjoying this story. That's probably why it's only being cancelled, and not completely wiped like I was planning to. Again, my deepest condolences. I can only hope you understand my plight.

I will, however, mercilessly rage at you if you try to persuade me to finish this. It's my comments section, I can have as big a flame war as I damn well please.

Comments ( 23 )

Good call I think. I applaud you for at least closing it rather then just abandoning it like so many others do without letting people know why. you have made the right choice.

I'm sorry you have felt that way Ever since you started this story, and even though I really like this story and would like to see more. I understand and don't want to see more if it makes you unhappy. Because I would feel bad about it so I hope you have a good day as well as a happy holiday.:twilightsmile:

6756239
6756380

Thank you both for understanding.

B-but I wanted to be a self-entitled brat who thinks fic-site authors owe him everything! :raritywink:

But yes, like the Simpsons had for a Reader's Digest motto: "Brevity is ... wit."

6756806 Oh, please, nobody's stopping you. It's been ages since I've had a good workout.

Oh noes! You simply must continue this masterpiece of wordmanship!

But seriously, don't write things if you have to force yourself. That rarely ends up in quality words. Plus, the plan is to have fun writing, no?
Unless you miraculously hava an insight on how to turn this into something you like: abandon boat!

6757190 So glad nobody's protested this yet.

...Great, now I want to know your flame war capacity .-.

6862035 No, you don't. I have a capacity for hatred that can match any villain you care to name, and I'm more than petty enough to turn the full force of my hatred on people purely for little things like trying to make me finish this story.

I beg you, do not make me your enemy.

6862549 Well... while I still am very curious, I will take your word for it, I guess... (if you ever happen to be in a flame war for whatever reason, I'd still love to see the results... I blame it on my curiosity).

6862602 I will do my best to remember this and link you to my next flame war before someone deletes it.

I'd like to think that most of the likes I've accrued since this chapter went up are just people going like, "that sure was a good rant".

But I'm probably getting my hopes up.

7083309 I just liked this when I saw this oh so wonderful rant.

Y was it so sad?

This was an awesomely ball-my-eyes-out type of thing. It was almost too sad. I nearly didn't finish it. I don't know how though. Everything you said about quality is true. It defies physics!!!

7083309
May be you could do a different sequel for the previous story?

8388848
That is... a possibility.

The story would have been a improvement to the rough story in the original, but having a author rant chapter is a very bad idea. It's good you're honest but...its best to keep that much to a blog post or something.

10352177
you ever consider the concept that saying this kind of thing on a fic five years old is so fundamentally pointless as to actually remove meaning from the universe?

10355481
Calling me for necroing is not the same as proving me wrong. Seriously though, there's a blog function. I was telling you I liked this fic and the rant was illplaced.

Best way to deal with necros if your only problem is that they're a necro is to not respond.

Also, how is it pointless, you read the darn thing! Love you tho :)

Login or register to comment