• Published 11th Jan 2016
  • 217 Views, 0 Comments

Lovely Parallels - Phoenixfire Productions



If Twilight never became a princess, then how was Sunset reformed?

  • ...
 0
 217

The Rose's thorns

Thanks to the fact that Thorny Rose wished that her daughter was never born, getting Sunset to be Evening Star's legal guardian was a piece of cake. But now, Thorny was beginning to regret that. She had wanted to put as much distance between her and her daughter that she hadn't thought of the sweet girl who had offered her help as Star's Alien's legal guardian. Thorny gazed into her mirror as she tried to convince herself that she did the right thing. After all, a little white lie every now and then was healthy for any relationship, including a mother daughter one.

"He would want...." Thorny couldn't finish telling herself what North Star would want. Her husband had died 10 years before, on Sta Alien's birthday. So what he would think of her lying to Alien, she had no idea. Had he wanted her to say that he had been a prince? Had he wanted her to say that Alien would one day face Traitor? That Alien's life depended on her making friends?

"Of course not, she can't feel emotions. Another reason she's an alien." Thorny whispered to herself. She would sit back and wait for the announcement about an alien being found and brought in for testing. But wouldn't Thorny herself be in danger? They'd want the alien's mother to experiment on as well. And she couldn't depend on an unfeeling monster when her life depended on it. Alien could- and probably would- betray Thorny without any remorse.

"Maybe he left something for me to use against her." Thorny said before walking over to her bed. She reached under what used to be North Star's pillow and pulled out his journal.

Dear (inevitably) Wife and daughter,

I am writing to you about Tantabi. We cannot fell emotions of our own, so we feel whatever emotion we make others feel. From that we also draw magic. We can share that magic, and we can have it stolen. If a Tantabi should steal another's magic, they would not be able to use it against the one(s) it originally came from. Doing so would allow the stolen magic to go back to the one(s) it came from. This is very important, daughter, when facing Traitor. Always remember that even a single friend can make the difference between winning and losing. As the first Star with Bright Star's abilities, Traitor will be attracted to you. His battle was with Bright Star, and you are truly Bright Star's heir.

Sincerely, The Tantabi Prince, North Star

It would explain the nightmares she was plagued with every night. Nightmares of her 'family' turning against her and attacking her. Alien's inevitable battle would not effect her. She would just retake the magic created using her dreams if she was drawn into the battle somehow. Then she would leave. The only thing binding her to her house was Alien. Her income came from Canterlot Open Charity Of Abundance, or COCOA. She received enough money to tide over three people every week. Maybe she should pay them a visit to update her account. Her poor daughter was sick, and needed more money. Money was needed for going shopping for a sick little girl, and she intended to get it.

She wasn't lying. Despite the fact that she intended to use the money for herself, she was indeed sick. Her mind was twisted by grief to believe that an innocent young girl was a monster. Her sickness was not a medical one, but a mental one. One that could only be cured when she came to terms with her husband dying and not ever feeling any love for her. Her own daughter was working to create a cure, one way or another.

Author's Note:

I meant to make this chapter shorter. But writing about an insane character was fun and heart breaking. Thorny Rose is- like her name suggests- thorny. Her husband dying only made that worse. Like Sunset (am I seriously comparing Sunny, best human, to Thorny, worst human in this story) she is sneaky and manipulative, and will do anything to get what she wants.

No spoilers... don't give the audience spoilers... don't spoil it. Wait, you wanted a spoiler, didn't you? Even if I do spoil it, you still have to wait for next chapter. Which is named COCOA.

Thank you to all those who added this as a favourite. If I didn't thank you personally, then I am a horrible person and deserve to be un-favourited. I had no excuse other than school, homework, band practice. Dislike me in your spare time. I deserve it.

Until next time.