• Published 19th Feb 2016
  • 895 Views, 40 Comments

Friendship isn't just Magic, it can heal hearts too - Raumo



Alex was afraid of friendship. Being a spy made friendship something to avoid.Transported to world where friendship is the most powerful of all, can he learn to make friends again.

  • ...
11
 40
 895

Chapter 16 (EDITED)

"Cute-ceanera? What's that? Also, why is everyone invited?" Specifically, why am I invited?

"It's a party everypony celebrates for when a pony gets their cutie mark. Getting one is huge milestone, and everypony celebrates it," Twilight answered. "Sometimes it's the family's individually celebrating with congratulations from neighbors. This one has an invite for everypony."

"Alright. Just one more question." She nodded for me to go on. "Do I have to go?"

"Alex!" I made a 'what?' motion. "You may not like parties, but it would be impolite to not show up when you received an individual invitation," she scolded me, waving the invitation with her magic.

"Fine," I sulked, "I'm not good with kids though."

"I think you might be surprised Alex."


I showed up, congratulated the little pony, and escaped to the kitchen. Pinkie Pie then showed up with Applebloom talking of a cupcake eating cutie mark. That would be an interesting mark. "Hey Miss Pie, Miss Applebloom. What are you doing?"

"We are going to make cupcakes!" Pinkie answered in her excited way. "Oh Alex, call me just Pinkie or Pie if you like. No need the miss stuff." I nodded. She then went into her cupcake song, and I just stared. Is she popping out of walls and light fixtures? That is not possible. Then again, this world is full of weird and crazy things. Or it is just this one?

Applebloom then tried to bake. Key word is try. I helped to minimize the mess, but the cupcakes weren't quite...cupcakes. How are you eating that Pinkie? Is your stomach cast iron or something?

Twilight walked in. She gave me a scolding look. "I popped in, said hello and congrats. You can't say I didn't show up."

She sighed. "What happened here?" She than asked looking around the kitchen.

Pinkie showed her the cupcakes Applebloom made. Then, Applebloom tried to receive her cutie mark through Twilight's magic. Dejected, she walked to the room she apparently wanted to avoid. I entered the room to watch her dart from spot to spot, making her way to the door. She almost made it, just to run into Applejack. So close. She did pretty good. I wonder why she wants to avoid this party so much. Shouldn't she be happy her classmate got a cutie mark? I watched as the star of the party taunted Applebloom. Ah, that's why. A bully.

I smiled as Applebloom was revealed to not be the only filly without a cutie mark. Well, looks like she has some new friends. I tried to slip out the door. I had made it two feet within the door, when Twilight's voice sounded out, holding out the 'e', "Alex!" Blast. Being this tall is annoying here. I stand out. I glared at her. My glares must have significantly softened because she just glared back. I rolled my eyes and headed to a table.

Applebloom walked up to me with her new friends. Oh shoot. Kids. I'm not too bad with Applebloom, but the others? Her friends were wide-eyed as they stared at me. "Why are you staring at me like that?"

The orange one answered, "It's just that we've seen you around, but now we actually get to talk to you."

"It's odd. I've been around for awhile, yet I have never seen you," I replied. I knew the white from Rarity's photos around her work area. "Aren't you Rarity's little sister? How come I have never seen you? I've helped Rarity out, now and then." They shrugged. I turned to Applebloom, "So you found some new friends. Happy for you."

"Thanks Rider. We were talking, and we thought about forming a society about finding our cutie marks. We just need a name. Got any ideas?" They looked at me wide-eyed. Oh great. Why are they asking me? I don't know a good name...Oh, I got something!

"So you're looking for your marks. In a way you're fighting for them, right?" They looked at each other, then nodded at me. "How about something with crusader in it then?"

"Yeah, how about the Cutie Mark Crusaders? Fighting unknown forces to find our destiny!" The three of them cheered. "Thanks Rider," Applebloom called back as they left to celebrate with cookies. That went well. Surprising. Oh shoo,t Twilight was right.

Twilight walked up to my side. "Don't say anything," I warned. She just smiled knowingly. Just like her mentor.


I stood in the doorway of Rarity's workroom as she spoke of fashion shows and dresses. I'm glad she isn't putting me in the show. Though I wonder how my tuxedo is coming along. Hopefully she isn't putting anything extra on it.

Rarity noticed me lurking in the door. "Ah Rider. I am glad you're here. I've finished with your tuxedo. I just need you to try it on for the final fit. She brought it out. Wow, she did good. Got what I specified and everything. This looks even better than the ones I had in the past, and they were expensive. She took my silence as dislike. "Do you not like it? I can change it, you just have to tell me what's wrong."

I was quick to reassure, "No, it's perfect. It looks even better than my past ones." She beamed at that, then pointed me to a changing area. I didn't want to try it on, but I complied. I changed quickly. The fit was perfect.

"Come on out, darling," Rarity called, "We want to see how you look." I came out. "My, you look dashing." She then had me a couple of movements to make sure it fit right, and moved correctly.

As I looked in the mirror, I commented to her, "I don't like parties or dressing up, but I have to say this is wonderful." She clapped her hooves in joy. I then changed back to my normal clothes. As I left the room I could hear Rarity staring to sing. Hmm, nice voice. I then left to go practice at the karate dojo. I am surprised yet thankful they have one.


The night of the fashion show arrived. I didn't care for fashion, but I came to support Rarity. She has been quite generous with me in making all my clothes. She lives up to her element. Perhaps there is more to the Elements of Harmony than just being magic filled stones. I still don't think friendship activates it though.

The show started. As the girls came out, I winced. What happened? That is not Rarity's level of fashion. As Rarity walked onto the catwalk she looked so disheveled. The show ended. I left to the library. Twilight walked in later. "So, what happened with Rarity and you girl's dresses? That wasn't her usual expertise."

She sighed. "We happened. She had made perfect dresses, but we nitpicked it and had her redo them to our exact specifications. The original wasn't what I expected, but it was perfect."

"Well, after tonight she's going to be devastated. Make it up to her by finding a way to tell her what you told me, and maybe doing something special for her."

"You're right. We'll do that...somehow."

(Next Day)

Twilight ran up to me as I was leaving a store. I had just finished finished the errands she asked me to run, while she and the rest were cheering up Rarity. "Based on your grin, I am guessing your plan went well."

"More than well," she cried happily. "She loved the dress we finished for her, and the fashion designer came back and we put on a real show. He loved the dresses, and is going to feature them in his Canterlot boutique."

"Wonderful for her and you. She got more business and you got a pretty dress for the gala."

"I also learned not to be over critical of a gift freely given." Freely given gift. Hmm, I'm still suspicious of gifts. Always wondering if someone is going to demand a favor later, or it is going to blow up on me. These girls don't seem to be like that though, so it is nice to somewhat relax around them.

"That's good. Now, I am going to drop this stuff off at the library. Then I have a couple portraits to do, so I'll see you later." She nodded and happily went on her way. I went off to the library.

I had given a filly a portrait for her birthday randomly, since then I had had a few requests. It is nice to somewhat have an income, so that I don't have to rely on Twilight.

The rest of the day passed, uneventful.


A week later, Twilight was practicing her magic outside with Spike. I was sketching and keeping an eye on her. I noticed Pinkie darting from area to area, an odd hat upon her head. Is that an umbrella hat? Why? There is not a cloud in the sky.

As Twilight's spell failed, and they walked up to Pinkie to ask her what she was doing, I followed. As she spoke of Pinkie sense, my own instincts kicked in and I ducked backwards. A frog flew by and landed on Twilight's face. Amusement flowed through me as Pinkie said the frog had croaked nice catch.

I looked up. Fluttershy was flying above with a cart and basket full of frogs. She told me the other day she was going to move them, but I had forgotten today was that day. I waved to her as she flew off. I smirked at the frog on Twilight's face, then grinned as it jumped of Twilight's head like a springboard.

I followed Twilight as they left. As Twilight spoke of coincidence, Pinkie dashed back and said her tail was still twitching, so something else was going to fall. As I scanned the skies, I missed Twilight headed to a ditch. I winced as I looked back down in time to see her fall. Pinkie then said her tail stopped twitching, so she threw off her hat and went her merry way.

So Pinkie has some weird sense of something going to happen. Considering it is her, I'm not surprised. I spoke to Twilight, "It may not be logical, but I would consider giving her the benefit of the doubt." I helped her out of the ditch.

"Oh please," she replied, "It's just coincidence."

"Normally I'd agree, but this is Pinkie we're talking about."

"Ah would listen to Rider on this one, Twi," Applejack spoke. When did she arrive? "It doesn't make sense, but when Pinkie starts twitching, ya better listen."

Pinkie popped up again, "My ears are flopping, my ears are flopping!"

Spike yelled, "What does that mean?" As she spoke of a bath for Twilight, I quickly backed up with the others as a cart passed Twilight and sprayed her with mud. Oh, that is nasty.

I waited outside Sugarcube Corner as Twilight took a bath, sketching as I did. I have a feeling that Twilight won't let this go about Pinkie's sense, so I was hanging around to make sure she didn't hurt herself. Well, at least not too much. That girl can be a trouble magnet sometimes. The girls walked out and I followed silently.

I stood next to Twilight as she growled in frustration at Pinkie's statement. "It is possible, since it is Pinkie we are speaking of, that she has her own unique brand of magic, that only she can use," I commented to her.

"There is a major difference between magic and whatever she has." She then actually stood on a soapbox and started a short lecture that ended with her saying to Pinkie, "With you it makes no sense at all." Actually it does make sense. It's Pinkie after all.

Pinkie then spoke of combos as we got closer to the library. Combos? Lovely. She then spoke of one combo being a beautiful rainbow. Then she said a combo was coming on. That is close to the rainbow one, not quite it though. Oh, that has got to hurt. That door slammed her hard.

As Pinkie spoke of not understanding, Twilight got her science face on. Oh dear, that look was common during the winter when we were experimenting with her magic. What is she going to do with Pinkie? We headed to the basement. Okay, it is still creepy down here. Twilight connected Pinkie to her machines. Twilight couldn't get any info, so we headed back up, Pinkie easily slipping out of the manacles. I shuddered as I looked at those. I'm glad Twilight didn't put me in those.

As we neared the door, Pinkie started twitching again. She did the same one as before when Twilight was slammed by a door, so I grabbed her and pulled back. Spike then slammed the door open. "Thanks," said Twilight, "but you don't actually believe her do you?"

I shrugged, "I've seen some crazy things some would deem impossible. Pinkie is just Pinkie. She doesn't always make sense, but she has her ways. Please stop trying to figure this out. Listen to her and don't get hurt."

"No! It doesn't make sense! I have to figure this out." I sighed in resignation as she ran through the door. Grabbing a first aid kit and my bag, I followed. Oh boy, today is going to be a long day. I followed Twilight as she spied on Pinkie. I made no effort to hide. As she spied on Pinkie at the kids playground, I climbed a tree, keeping an eye on Twilight and Spike from a larger distance.

I raised an eyebrow as Spike ran away. Why is he... Twilight's cries of pain interrupted my thoughts and made me drop out of the tree. I drew back as I saw the bees stinging her. I was about to try help her when they flew off. Taking the first aid kit out of my bag I walked up to her and began treating the stings. "Please stop this. It is actually painful to just watch you."

"No! I will figure this out and you can't stop me." She ran off after I placed the last band-aid. I found her and Spike at Sweet Apple Acres. Spike was hiding behind a hay bale. I had almost reached them when a trapdoor flew open and Twilight fell through it. I face-palmed. I walked down the stairs, picked her up and took her to the hospital. She seemed to have sprained/broken some of her hooves.

We ended up at the park. Twilight in a wheelchair, still persisting in her goal. My own instincts and paranoia was on overdrive. As Twilight mentioned a twitchy tail, I ignored Spike's panic and grabbed Twilight out of her chair and ran a bit away, as a flowerpot, anvil, wagon, then a piano fell right where she had been. I looked up again. Why are they unloading right there?

I looked down at Twilight, "Will you please quit? You're making me even more paranoid than usual."

"No, no, no! I will figure this out." She then overhead Pinkie tell Applejack that she was letting Twilight secretly follow her all day without her knowing. I face-palmed and sighed in frustration as Twilight angrily confronted Pinkie. At Pinkie's answer, Twilight looked like she was starting to explode.

As Pinkie did a huge shake and claimed it as an unknown doozy, I groaned. This is going to be terrible. Twilight's not letting this go. Then she mentioned Froggy Bottom Bog. Fluttershy! I ignored them all and ran to the Everfree. No, no, no. I don't know what Pinkie means, but I can't let anything happen to Fluttershy.

I slid to a stop at the bog. I scanned the area for my little sis. "Fluttershy! Where are you?" I called. Fear running through me as I couldn't see her anywhere.

"Over here Alex!" I heard from my right. I ran over there carefully avoiding the water.

I saw her safe and sound watching the frogs go into the bog. I sighed in relief. "Oh thank goodness. You're alright." I hugged her. I couldn't help it. It was such a relief to see her okay.

She hugged me back. "Yes, but why wouldn't I be?"

"Pinkie was feeling a doozy of a shudder and she mentioned here. I panicked when I remembered you were here." As she was about to answer the others arrived. As they spoke to her, I scanned the area. Something is not right. I interrupted Twilight, "Quiet." She glared at me. "Something isn't right, we-" I stopped as some sort of cloud flowed in and a huge creature rose up behind her. "That's a hydra! Run!" I grabbed Pinkie, who had frozen for some weird reason, and sprinted away with the others. Pinkie started running on her own so I let her go.

We ran through the bog dodging hits from the hydra. I grabbed Spike, who had fallen into the water, as I passed and followed the others up the hill. Pinkie kept shuddering up the hill. I ignored her, my own instincts saying danger is still apparent. We reached the edge we're the only way across was a set of precarious pillars. "Oh you have got to be kidding. Really?" I stated in frustration. "Everyone across. I'll take the rear and cover you." Fluttershy gulped and jumped.

Pinkie shuddered onto air I grabbed her tail and pulled her back. Giving her to Applejack, "Take her. With her shuddering, she can't jump properly." She did so and jumped. Twilight mentioned her distracting the hydra. Yeah, no. I grabbed her and threw her onto the first pillar. "Go! I'll distract it."

I pulled my gun out. After all this time, I actually have to use them. Blast it. I set it to stun and shot one of the heads in the eye. The bolt actually knocked it out. The others were enraged. One of the heads shot down and I quickly dodged. Dang it, most of the pillars are broken now. At least the others are safely across. I shot another head as it sped towards me. The bolt effectively making it recoil then fall unconscious.

"You have to jump!" I heard Pinkie yell.

"Are you crazy?!" I yelled back. Well, she is. Just right now she is crazier than usual!

"Trust me! Take a leap of faith."

I did a running start, just as I was about to jump, the 3rd head rammed into the ground breaking the cliff part I was on and sending it flying. Swearing in quite a few languages, I jumped. Missing the pillar just by a few feet. I careened towards the water below. Great, I get another chance at life just to die like this. I landed on a big brown bubble thing. As it popped, it flung me up towards the pillar I had missed. I landed on my stomach, curled into the fetal position, then quickly got up. I jumped to the last pillar then the other cliff.

I sat down and just groaned. A scowl seemed to be etched on my face. The hydra left, somehow picking up the unconscious heads. They all turned to me. Fluttershy asked if I was alright. "No, I'm not. I am mad, and have a couple majorly bruised ribs." They all winced. "New rule for everyone to follow. Nobody, and I mean nobody goes into the Everfree alone. Always have a buddy." They nodded in agreement to my words.

"Well, Pinkie, you said there would be a doozy and I'd say the hydra was the doozy." Twilight commented

Pinkie shuddered and said, "That wasn't the doozy."

"What?" I growled out. "You cannot be serious?"

"I am. I'm still shuddering." I face-palmed muttering 'why?'.

My head snapped up at Twilight's cry. Oh dear. I scooted back as her face became furious and a teakettle noise sounded. I nearly swore as she turned completely white and her mane and tail turned to fire. Note to self. Never anger Twilight to this point. As quickly as the fire came, it burned out.

"I give up," said Twilight wearily. "I don't know how or why, but Pinkie sense, just makes sense.

Pinkie shuddering like crazy asked, "You believe?"

"I guess I do." At that Pinkie did some weird whatever then completely stilled.

"Oh, that was the doozy! Oh, and what a doozy it was. I never expected that to happen." She then went on her merry way again.

I groaned. "Of course that was it. Saw that coming a mile away." I said sarcastically. "Oh wait, no I didn't." I got up and walked home muttering in different languages and holding my ribs. Fluttershy offered to wrap them, but I declined, self conscious of my scars.

The next day I was hanging out on my balcony sketching, when Celestia streaked by and landed on the other balcony hard. I then watched as she flew back up and off a scroll in her mouth.

Commenting to noone, I said "I change my mind. Pinkie isn't the only random one, this whole world is." I then returned to sketching.

Author's Note:

So I have been meaning to write this, but I keep forgetting:
Thank you so much for the favorites and follows of my story. It is so much more than I expected :raritystarry: