• Published 6th Jul 2012
  • 7,795 Views, 246 Comments

Of Clouds, Seeds, and Apple Trees (Book 1) - LotusTeaDragon



Rainbow Dash has fallen for that stubborn earth pony. Will she reveal her innermost feelings?

  • ...
13
 246
 7,795

Epilogue

EPILOGUE

Three Months Later


It was a beautiful day.

Twilight Sparkle opened her eyes, rubbing them to remove the sleep, and glanced around the spacious, opulent room. She had stayed the night at Canterlot Palace, taking a break from all of the research she had just completed regarding Doctor Green Clover's experiment.

It hadn't really failed, she ruminated, but there were unforeseen circumstances that we weren't ready to tackle. With all of the weather data we collected, it will now work as it should.

She had worried over what would happen to Doctor Green Clover, since the experiment ended up costing the town of Ponyville hundreds of thousands of bits in property damage. There was even some damage in towns as far away as Fillydelphia. The storm had spread fast and out of control.

Still, it all ended up working for the best, and Doctor Green Clover was lauded for his efforts, that is, after the Princess gave her blessing to his work. There had been no other casualties that day, and in light of the promise his findings would bring, everypony had felt a setback was worth the end result. No more drought in Equestria.

Her thoughts were interrupted as a Midnight blue Alicorn opened the door to her room.

"Is there a sleepy headed pony in here?" she called out, seeing Twilight sitting up in the bed, her mane ruffled from a good night's sleep.

"Yeah, she's right here", Twilight giggled.

Luna walked over to the bed, and kissed her lavender marefriend on the lips.

"I am so glad I have found you, and I mean that in every way, my sweet Twilight", she whispered.

Twilight blushed, and then something occurred to her that simply hadn't before.

"Luna", she began, "may I ask you a question?"

Luna nodded her assent, "you may ask me anything, Twi."

Twilight cleared her throat, "Um, I've noticed recently that when you're around me, you sound different. You don't speak in a royal accent, or the royal formal tongue. In fact, you sound, er, normal." she finished, stressing the last word without meaning to do so.

Luna, for her part, simply raised an eyebrow, and cast Twilight a knowing smile.

"That, my dear," she stated softly, "is because I can be myself around you. I do not have to be The Royal Pony Sister, Princess Luna, I can just be Luna. That, my dear sweet, is one of the many reasons why I love you."

She placed a hoof on Twilight's chest, and, leaning in, stroked Twilight's mane, and nuzzled her neck. "For as long as we live, I shall always love you, Twi."

"And I will always love you, Luna. Forever in my heart."

They kissed softly. Their breathing the only sound in the room.

***

Applejack and Rainbow Dash lay in bed, holding one another tight. The farmhouse was quiet, with only the rooster's crow to pierce the soft morning glow that alighted in dust motes and particles through the bedroom window.

"Rainbow?", Applejack muttered softly into her lover's ear.

"Mhmm" came the sleepy response.

"Rainbow?", Applejack said, a little louder.

"Gh..sleepy" was the reply.

Applejack snorted. "Rainbow, consarnit, wake up for a second, I'm trying to be romantic-like and you ain't helpin'!"

At her marefriend's insistence, Rainbow Dash's eyes shot open and she let out a "gah!", falling off the bed and onto the floor.

Applejack laughed. "Way to impress me, there, Miss Crash."

She heard a laugh come from the side of the bed.

"Well, to be fair, it's not like my marefriend is the gentle type."

They both laughed at Rainbow's quip.

"So", she said, as she stood up, brushing the dust off with her hooves, "what's up for today?"

Applejack thought for a moment, "Well, there's some more harvesting to be done, but that should be taken care of by noon. If ya want, we can travel inta town and have lunch at Sugarcube Corner. Ah'm sure Big Mac wouldn't mind if we took a break away from the farm for a while."

Dash nodded her head, "I'm glad he was okay with our being together. I mean, you know, he and Granny Smith aren't what you'd call 'modern'", she finished, rubbing the back of her mane.

Applejack nodded, "Yeah, they're old fashioned, sure, but what ya have ta remember about us Apples is that we love our own, and we can work through anythin' and stay together. They'll all come to love ya someday, Rainbow, just as I love ya."

Rainbow smiled, and climbed back into bed, taking Applejack's hat from atop the bedpost and placing it upon her own rainbow mane.

"So, how do I look?" she asked Applejack, a smokiness in her voice that wasn't there a moment ago.

Applejack ran her hoof up Rainbow's belly, then her chest, letting the hoof graze the soft blue fur gently, letting it lead to Rainbow's muzzle, where Rainbow took it gently and kissed it.

"You look amazing", Applejack breathed.

Their lips met a moment later, the beauty of the morning light fueling their passions. Pressing against one another hard and firm, their bodies began to sweat from the heat of the moment.

"Ah will love you forever, Rainbow, as long as mah heart beats in mah chest."

"I'll always love you, Applejack, for as long as there are clouds, seeds, and apple trees."



THE END



-----------------------------------------------

[Author's Note]


I would like to thank everyone for reading my story. This was my very first, and I put a lot of work into it, as small as it is. I just wanted to do right by my favorite couple, and... my other favorite couple. Also, some CMC shipping because we've all been there when we were kids. Okay, maybe that's just me.

Before I wrap it up, I'd like to give a shout out to everyone in the comments section of my story over at FIMFiction.net, who helped me shape the story into a more streamlined process instead of noobing it to death. You have my thanks and my blessings.


Anyway, you know the standard boilerplate: I own none of this, it's all Hasbro/DHX Media/Lauren Faust's brilliant hard work paying off and letting those of us with imaginations to run free and live in this fantasy world, frolicking (that's right, frolicking).

My Little Pony™ is owned by Hasbro, et al. All respective copyrights upheld.



"Of Clouds, Seeds, and Apple Trees" written by The Lotus Tea Dragon.
You can find my page at http://www.fimfiction.net/user/TheLotusTeaDragon

Stop on by and leave me a comment!


Love always,
The Lotus Tea Dragon

-----------------------------------

Comments ( 81 )

Chapter 11 and the Epilogue are now up. Thank you all so very much for reading my story!

I really enjoyed this fic. I'm always up for some appledash. Sad that it's finished now but all good things must come to an end. Cheers :pinkiehappy:

I gotta say you did damn good for you First fic, I enjoyed this and I hope you keep writing. Go Appledash!

Sorry to nitpick, but you forced it upon yourself for never saying what happened to Applebloom and Sweetie Belle;

"So, she said, as she stood up, brushing the dust off with her hooves, "what's up for today?" - missing quotation.

one of the best fics ever

1056125
The horror! :derpyderp2:
As for the Sweetie Belle / Applebloom ending, I left that open on purpose. I'm hoping, after taking care of a few things in real life, to maybe kind of possibly in a way, write a sequel. Maybe.

1056299

:pinkiegasp: :pinkiehappy:

1056346 Sequel, I demand a sequel! For The Plot...er I mean ponies...

1056348

It will likely happen. I ended it in such a way that even I want to know what happens later on. :twilightblush:

Very well written indeed. (I could have posted earlier, but I was at places :rainbowwild:) This is a spectacular way to end the story. Leaving that bit of possibility of Applebloom actually having a chance to be with Sweetie Belle. I don't mind that ship, but, in my opinion, I like SweetieSpike better.:unsuresweetie::moustache: Anyways, magnificent job! I didn't catch any mistakes along the way through both chapters. I might have seen one, but it was so small I forgot where it was.:twilightblush: I am looking forward to there being a sequel and any other further story you plan on publishing. Keep up the good work, and check my page by the end of the day. I should have my chapter up by then.:ajsmug: (Just doing last minute editing, and finishing last two scenes of the chapter.)

From hell, to you, and back again,
Soto Konoha

It's...over? :fluttershysad:

But it was an excellent story.

Good job.

10 Spikes/10
:moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache:

An excellent story, though I have to admit that it did move a bit fast.

Wonderful story, love how you included more than just Rainbow and Applejack being romantic, liked the side stories!:ajsmug::heart::rainbowdetermined2:

Sorry, I missed these earlier!

1054692
Thank you for reading the fic, DiStUrBeD. I'm glad you enjoyed it. :twilightsmile:

1055577
Thanks, Bloodyfeather23! Yeah, as I kept going, it became easier to flesh out the story. I had a strong case of writer's block early on, but that started breaking away shortly throughout.

1057215
Thanks, Soto, and I will keep watching for the update! :pinkiehappy:

1057229
10 Spikes? Awesome! :twilightsmile: Don't worry, though, I'm already formulating a sequel. One of the things that used to annoy me was when I would read a fantastic story (not saying mine is in such a league), and there's no follow-up. So I've already begun drawing up the outline for my next story, though it may take a while to start, as life has become very busy. Moreso than usual.

1057689
Thanks, The Writer of Fate! Yeah, it feels a bit rushed, but that's due to it's short length. I had originally planned only a few chapters, and the size reaching maybe 8,000 to 10,000 words. That didn't happen, but yeah, the next story will be longer. Think of this as an origin story in a superhero movie. Lots to do to get it up and running, but the second in the series is supposed to explore more along the adventure rather than the origin itself, so maybe we will see that ahead. :twilightsmile:

1057720
Thanks, DarkStratos! When I started this story, I knew I wanted to include the Mane Six. I love Mane Six stories. I also had the inkling about TwiLuna, though it didn't really come about until I was into the third chapter, and I thought how nice it would be to have another ship to appeal to other fans, and one of my very favorites is TwiLuna. The AppleBelle ship was an early thought, because I was drawing from my own experiences as a teen/tween, and wanted to incorporate that into the story, as Applebloom's older sister is obviously in such a relationship, she's going to want to explore her feelings there, too. All in all, I like how it worked out.

Again, thank you to everyone that has read my story. I didn't think I'd get this many people liking it, and the fact that so many of you did, and offered up constructive criticism and support, all I can do is thank you from the bottom of my heart. You're good apples. :eeyup:

1058249

I look forward to it. Apart from the slightly fast-paced nature of things, this was an enjoyable story.

Thank you, very much. I just love that I finally did what I wanted to do; that being to write a short story and actually publish it for others to read! Took me long enough (10+ years!).

I approve of this story and really enjoy it. It's short, sweet, and I have not found any negative things with it in my personal opinion. Hell, even the Sparity was interrupted.

You get a watch from me.

I appreciate that, Arby Works! :twilightsmile:

This is one of my favorite AppleDash fanfics. :rainbowkiss:

1127558

Woohoo! Thank you, Captain McMuffin! I'm very glad you enjoyed it! :twilightsmile:

I'm glad you're liking the story, bobtehnoob, and BenRG. :twilightsmile:
(at least I hope you're liking the story!)

1237585

Oh yeah. I learned really quickly, growing up, how fast teenage girls gossip. At least, in my own experience. :scootangel:
Thank you for commenting on the story, Equestrian Deadpool!

Pretty good lil story. Although the Luna Twilight shipping left me a bit lukewarm. You did a great job with :ajsmug: and :rainbowwild: at least once they were together, to get them there you pulled that instant love thing I see pop up allot and its started bugging me by this point. You did the same thing with Twilight and Luna but with them you didn't have the same strong conversations between them so it didn't quite feel like it worked as well.

1300600
I have to admit, I'm an old fashioned romantic, and I believe in the possibility of love at first sight. In the case of RD & AJ, somewhere deep inside of them, they loved one another the moment they met. After knowing one another for years, when everything spilled out, there was no "getting to know you" phase, as they had long become dear friends. Now, if they had never met before, I would be right there with you, but as it is, long time friends giving in to things they've suspected for years isn't new.

So it's not so much instant love as it is a strong outpouring of feelings that had remained held under lock and key for years. As I mentioned upthread somewhere, this actually happened to me once, by a dear friend. Now, it didn't end in happily ever after, but the feelings were mutual for a long time.

Thanks for the comment, Spice of Life! :pinkiehappy:

1300917

If I had read this story sooner rather then after way too many other romantic fics it probably wouldn't have bugged me as much. Ultimately they still have years together so its not implausible and ultimately worked after it happend. The Twilight Luna one had no such history, at least from the show, probably the sort of relationship that should have been dragged out more.

1301002

You are certainly correct there. I pushed the Twi/Luna relationship harder. It was more of a "bonus" than a full storyline, but I should have put more nuance in it, I agree.

1342715
Thanks for reading, stormkiller74! :twilightsmile:

1343086
Thanks, CthulhuLikesPonys. I wasn't sure about my writing style, but people do seem to like it.
I'm also glad you liked the TwiLuna shipping. They're one of my favorite couples, too. I think they look adorable together. Plus, I've always taken Luna to be a bit like a science wonk, and of course that would be attractive to Twilight. :twilightblush:

1056346 Oooh. I was hoping for a sequel. Its very well done

1392422
Keep the faith, StormHoof32! Maybe something will happen in the future! :pinkiehappy:
Also, thank you for reading!

1515870
Thank you, Spell Bound. I'm hoping to write several more. I am really glad you decided to read my stories, and moreso that you like them! :twilightsheepish:

1542659

This is Luna post Season 2 finale, "A Canterlot Wedding".

Fantastic story, I look forward to any more you may have in the future!:pinkiehappy:

That's cool. Yeah, I hit a stumbling block on Luna. Several stumbling blocks, with stumbling blocks on them.

This was a fun read. I really enjoyed it. I like how you switched perspectives but kept a general narrative. It was almost like several vignettes were strung together, but you did it in such a way that kept me very interested and made the whole thing fun!

1862002
Yay! I'm glad you liked it, mach! If you like the way I put the vignettes together, you may like the sequel, "Saddlebags, Sun & On the Run". That is, if you want to read it. :raritywink:

I have had this story marked down to read for forever, I am really glad that I finally got around to reading it. While some things seemed a little fast, I enjoyed reading two of my favorite ships in one story. That being AppleDash and TwiLuna. Keep up the good work, I very enjoyed this story.

1915589 - Thank you, Draven Eclipse. I'm glad you enjoyed the story! :twilightsmile:
I agree that the pacing is a little fast in places, and some events move more quickly than normal. I tried to even out the pacing by the time I wrote the sequel, so if you read that one, please let me know what you think. Thank you for reading my stories!

1915650
Sequel you say? Well I shall have to mark that one down to read as well. Once I read that one I shall give my feedback on it.

Spoiler Alert

Odds are I'm going to enjoy it:rainbowlaugh:

1916095 - Oh good, I won't have to send the bribe then. :rainbowwild:
Seriously, I hope you enjoy it. "Of Clouds..." was my first attempt at fan fiction, and my first time writing a story of any kind after more than 10 years of rust inducing nothingness. I tried to take the lessons learned and applied them toward "Saddlebags, Sun and On the Run", the sequel to this story.

1916224
Woah, what's this about a bribe? I think my opinion is swaying, might want to weigh it back, catch my drift?

I know how you feel. While Shades of Grey, isn't my first fanfic, it is my first story I had written in years. It is surprising how your writing skills get rusty from not being used. I still find myself learning things when I publish a new chapter. But yeah, I am definitely going to check it out.

1916252 - My old AP English teacher (not a boast or anything, just showing how far I've fallen since 1999) would weep openly if she read "Of Clouds..."
It would be filled to the brim with red pen marks. If I were there in person, she would probably scream epithets while gesticulating wildly, using proper grammar the entire time, making me feel insulted on multiple levels! :rainbowlaugh:

I also see that you have written a story, and I have added it to my favorites and shall begin reading it at my earliest convenience! That said, I couldn't agree more about rusty writing skills. I visited a grammar website to brush up on technique, and found that I had no idea what I was reading. I thought to myself, "what the hell happened to the English language, and what did I miss in the last ten plus years?!"

Also, I can't bribe you now. You're part of the family. Plus, I spent that money on a giant foam finger and a box of Ren and Stimpy playing cards.

1916300
You are preaching to the choir my friend. I am pretty sure my editor, DannyJ wanted to choke me as I worked on chapter 1 of Shades. I have gotten better since then, but I still find myself slipping up and overusing words, and god forbid I use ok instead of okay. I swear, that man is beating the grammar back into my head. Also, tell me what you think of it when you get around. Also you may see a big gap in the time since the last chapter was published. I have had a lot of stuff get in the way, but i swear the next one is being written :twilightsheepish:

1916326 - Will do! (I will likely find time to start reading this week). My most egregious error up to this point has been punctuation. For some reason, I forgot the rule of quotes, which says that dialogue ends with the punctuation inside the quote. Why I forgot that, I don't know, but it plagued me. I only began fixing it (once I noticed it) after I was halfway through "Saddlebags". You'll note, when you read the story, a sudden tightening of the punctuation and better usage of quotes and statements. I'm hoping my next book in the series will be free of absurd grammar errors. Good luck with your story!

I want MOAR!!!!!! :flutterrage: This is definitely one of the best fan fics I've ever read, which is great for it being your first. It's great to read an amazing story about my favorite shipping :rainbowkiss:
Appledash :heart:

1929135 - Thank you, Scottshott! I'm glad you liked it! If you want to read more, then check out "Saddlebags, Sun, and On the Run", which is the sequel to "Of Clouds...". It makes my heart all warm and fuzzy to know people like my stories. Thanks again, for the compliments! :twilightsmile:

beautiful story. I can honestly say i got goosebumbs when rainbow took off with applebloom. amazing job cant wait to read the next one!
:twilightsheepish:

2072244 - Thank you, fireshan! I'm glad you enjoyed the story, and yes, I wanted a moment of awesome hero coming from Dashie. I felt that her saving her marefriend's sister was the best way to approach that. :raritywink:

This is first great appledash fic that I read when I first found the site. I love it so much! And the sequel too!! :heart::ajsmug::rainbowkiss:

2104516 - That is so sweet of you to say, Muffin! I am very happy that you have enjoyed my stories! I hope that you will like the third story in the series that I will be starting in the next week or two (hopefully). :ajsmug::rainbowwild:

You sir did something no one has accomplished before, make me stay up till 2 AM Reading this damn I regret nothing I'm looking forward to the rest of this series

Login or register to comment