• Published 23rd Dec 2021
  • 1,196 Views, 6 Comments

Helping Megan fit in - TalB



Megan isn't sure if she still wants to come back to Equestria

  • ...
2
 6
 1,196

Getting her dues

Megan Williams decided to use the portal to enter Equestria only to notice Twilight Sparkle and Spike relaxing by a tree. After she approached them, she then sat down and started to say to both of them, "Did you ever think that I may have overstayed my welcome in coming back to Equestria?"

"Why would you say something like that?" responded Twilight.

"I'm just starting to think that maybe my time coming back here has ran out and that I need to move on with my normal life." replied Megan.

Spike then asked, "What do you mean by that?"

Megan answered back with, "I'm starting to feel that I'm just like a Digidestined or Tamer who has long served my purpose and now feel that I'm no longer need to be back here."

Twilight then asked, "Why do you feel that you need a purpose to be here?"

Megan then said, "As much as I enjoy coming back here, I sort of feel as if I just agreed to do this voluntarily. When I first came here, it was to save ponies from being roped to a chariot that would bring eternal darkness. Since then, different ponies have taken me back to help with other adventures, and I ended up becoming Ponyland's savior. These days I'm just starting to feel as if I'm no longer relevant to any of you ponies as there haven't been any adventures ever since my return."

"Megan, you don't always have to return here for adventures to show that you are still relevant to us. Just being back can be your purpose. In reality, you don't have anything else to prove, especially with everything you have already done. Overall, you're just as important now as you were then." replied Twilight.

"Twilight, what exactly makes me still important today, especially since what I did was thousands of years ago from your perspective?" asked Megan.

Twilight then said, "You should know that you were this world's original hero back when this was all vast open space known as Ponyland that should be worth something."

Megan then responded with, "Although that might be true, it still didn't change the fact that I only came here because Firefly just took me the moment she saw me. She didn't even state why she came to me in the first place, as if she took whoever she saw at first sight."

Spike weighed in by saying, "If not for that, you wouldn't have become Ponyland's savior, plus you probably wouldn't have even known about us at all."

Megan then said, "That's another thing. If you didn't find the book about me, would you have even known about my existence?"

Twilight then answered, "Perhaps I was meant to find that book, especially since I'm a descendant of one of the ponies you knew. For some reason, I almost felt as if I was drawn to that book and had to meet you as well as you bring you back. If I didn't find it, then you would have never come back here, and probably feel as if your time here was nothing more than an ancient memory."

Megan then asked, "Since both Celestia and Luna wanted me to return, then why didn't they just do so sooner rather than wait thousands of years as if they almost forgot about me?"

"It's not as if they forgot about you on purpose, they were just trying to figure out when it was finally the right time to do so. However, I will admit it was wrong that they hid that book. However, when I found it, that's what started to make them mention you once again. Nonetheless, having you return was something that they really wanted no matter how long that they had to wait. Still, you have to remember that when they first became the rulers of Equestria, they were afraid of an invasion coming from either side, and they were concerned that you might have been caught in the crossfire." replied Twilight.

Megan then mentioned, "Yeah you're right, because it was nice of them to put up a stained-glass window of me next to with the other princesses and heroes back at the castle."

Spike said, "For what you did to help save what was once Ponyland, you deserved it."

Megan then said, "Still it would have been nice if I saw them grow up, earn their cutie marks, become alicorns, and even witness their coronations."

Twilight said back, "It's not as if they blame you for missing out on any of that. They still think of you as a close friend to them even to this day, especially with how you helped Luna earn her forgiveness after making her open apology to what she did when she was Nightmare Moon. Also, keep in mind that when they became alicorns, they were actually thinking about you and everything you did to help achieve unity. Overall, it was better for them to see you again late than never."

Megan then thought, "Another thing is that it was nice to appear at the School of Friendship and give a lecture about what I did when I originally came to Ponyland. Almost every student had questions to ask me. Even Rainbow Dash was shocked to see Daring Do ask some questions as if she saw me as someone important."

Twilight answered back with, "I will make sure that all history classes will include you so that even future generations will know who you are, because you don't deserve to be forgotten."

Spike added in with, "If not for you, then Paradise Estate wouldn't have been landmarked and reused for its original purpose as a daycare center."

Megan then sighed and said, "That might be true, but before that it must been humiliating to find me seeking refuge in there because it was one of the few remnants of Ponyland still around. However, I will admit that you had the right idea of having Fluttershy go in there and help get me out of there. I did originally think that it was Posey due to having such a similar look to hear about how her ancestor used to be its caretaker, and that really expressed a lot of interest in her. Also, the same story did express interest with the mayor, which lead to having it landmarked after listening to all of that."

"Nonetheless, it got Paradise Estate saved, and that's what matters." replied Twilight.

"I do remember Rarity talking about making a clothing line that would involve me when she first met me, and then I finally saw it she invited to her store when it was first unveiled. She likes to call it "The Megan Williams Collection" and it features just about every type of clothing I wore when I was here last time. Although it was nice to include the look, I always liked such as being a cowgirl, the palates, or even the princess dress I once wore, though it would have been nice if those frilly overalls and with the shirt I wore under it weren't part of that. However, I will admit that it did look good on some of the fillies. I did remember seeing Apple Bloom wearing it while Applejack was wearing my cowgirl look as if she could have almost passed for what I would have looked like if I became a pony like you. Rarity even managed to design a few other things, such as my winter outfit and nightgown, as well as even create wing warmers for any pegasi or alicorns in that matter who wish to use them that were similar to the pair I once gave Surprise when she was feeling very cold one time." said Megan.

"Rarity really did think about you when she made all of that over at her boutique." said Twilight.

Megan then thought, "Maybe it's just that I feel like Aang from Avatar: The Last Airbender when he was woken up from the iceberg and was shocked to realize how much everything around him had changed even though he barely aged himself despite being over a century old."

"Don't things change back where you live?" asked Twilight.

"They do, but at least I'm there to notice those said changes. However, over here it's been thousands of years, and I wasn't here to witness any of that, plus I don't even look thousands of years old." replied Megan.

Twilight then said, "Even if the ponies you knew back then didn't sacrifice themselves in trying to stop Grogar, you still wouldn't see them again as they would have died of natural causes long ago."

"That might be true Twilight, but I still wish I could have been there to help them at that time. To them, I was sort of a mother due to how much I cared for them when I used to be there. Then again, I was never sure if they ever cared for me." said Megan.

"Megan, don't take this the wrong way, but I believed that they cared so much for you, that they wanted you to live rather than die. In other words, they would never ask for you to make a sacrifice for them. They knew that you weren't from around here, and that if you died, your death would be very hard for either Danny or Molly to explain to your parents. It's not as if they can just say that their older sister went off to some secret world and never came back alive." replied Twilight.

Megan then thought, "I guess what you're saying is that sometimes the choices that might seem wrong in the short run can be right in the long run."

Twilight then answered, "That is exactly what I mean."

After understanding all of what was just said, Megan started to realize that maybe she is still relevant to the ponies of the present.

Author's Note:

The clothing mentioned is what Megan wore when she appeared in Rescue at Midnight Castle, Escape from Catrina, MLP: The Movie, and MLP 'n Friends.