• Published 18th Sep 2022
  • 898 Views, 26 Comments

Princess Twilight's Pupil - starcoder



Princess Twilight now has her own pupil: Starlight Glimmer. But Starlight can't seem to place herself in a comfortable position.

  • ...
2
 26
 898

Save Me

Author's Note:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xksZ58jHbwA
This is all I have to say. Please listen to this song while, before, or after you read this chapter. Please.

Starlight heard voices. She hid behind a rock, shaking in fear that somepony would find her. Then she calmed down, realizing that living in Ponyville was what she craved the most. She stepped out from behind the rock and saw Twilight’s friends, even Spike. But no Twilight.

Starlight happily waved at them, but they didn’t answer back. They just motioned for her to follow them, which she did. Now she was wary of them. Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie were usually talkative, bouncing or flying. But no, they were walking, just like everyone else. And no one was talking. Even Starlight, who wanted more than anything to talk to her friends, kept quiet.

They arrived at the castle, and Starlight walked to Twilight’s room. She turned around to ask her friends what was going on, but they were gone already, the door shut behind them. She just shook it off and went to Twilight’s room. She would know what to do.

As soon as Starlight opened the door, Twilight turned around. She was smiling, unlike the others, but not a welcome smile. “Are you a changeling or something?” she asked, mustering enough courage to even speak.

Twilight shook her head and frowned. “You, Starlight Glimmer, don’t deserve to be my pupil.”

“I know, Princess. I’m sorry for all those mistakes I made. I know I have to be perfect for you, but don’t I have time to fix my mistakes? To make up for them?” Starlight asked, unsure of whether she wanted to know the answer or not. In a whisper, she said, "Didn't you want me to?"

“No.”

Starlight bit her lip. No? She couldn’t just move on past those words. It was always hard for her to take things easy and move past them, and this felt just as hurtful as when Sunburst first left. Maybe even more. “I know I just cause a bunch of problems, but I can’t solve them on my own. But I know I can’t have you solve them either,” she went on, her eyes struggling to keep her tears from falling.

“No.”

Starlight put her head down, waterfalls flowing down from her watery eyes. Knowing that she wasn’t wanted anymore, she walked away. But someone called after her. In Twilight’s voice, mixed with a bit of loudness.

Starlight looked back to see an angry Twilight, right as her mentor burst into white sparks, revealing another pony. Another alicorn.

“Are you…” Starlight said, searching for her answer. “Princess Luna? Why are you here? What happened to Twilight?”

Luna nodded. “Starlight Glimmer, I am here to protect you from what is hurting you. Dreams are my specialty.”

“A dream?”

Luna nodded again. “I know of your pain. I was once cruel, as you were, but I am reformed now. Changed, because of six fine ponies. I happen to know that the same ponies helped you change, too, and that they are now your friends, are they not? You know, friends can do a lot, and can be hurt if their friend is hurt.”

“Yes,” she answered, now feeling guilty for running away. “They are. I think they are hurt because I was. But mostly because I ran away. And I feel guilty that I did something bad to my friends.”

“Well, as friends, they will surely be able to help you, no matter how much you think you can’t live up to her. Just tell them how you feel. I know for a fact that they can help you.”

“But what if I don’t like talking about my feelings?” Starlight asked.

“From what I have seen so far, you’re comfortable enough to simply spread the point across. Just tell them, Starlight. They will listen.”

Starlight nodded as she watched Luna walk out of the castle, into the moon.


Twilight trotted throughout Ponyville, asking everypony she saw if they had seen Starlight. She sighed when nopony had said yes, other than the flower girls. She sulked past Fluttershy’s cottage and looked up, her ears flipped down. Then, she looked up to see a wild, spiky forest. Twilight’s eyes sparkled. If I was seeking solitude, then that’s where I would go, she thought. She ran into the Everfree Forest, unfortunately, alone.


Fluttershy moved the leaves to reveal an opening, though no one was there. She looked down at Pinkie Pie and shook her head. Pinkie Pie repeated the gesture when she couldn’t find Starlight under any stones or boulders.


Rainbow Dash dashed from place to place, asking if they had seen a purple unicorn with a teal streak in her bangs. Unfortunately, no one had seen her. Rainbow zoomed to the circus, asking anypony if they had seen Starlight. Still no. She even went to the magician on stage, Jackpot, asking him if he’d seen Starlight. Still no.

Rainbow Dash pulled her mane in anger and flew straight out the doors of Las Pegasus.


Applejack swore that she’d buck a million apple trees to find which one Starlight was in. And so she did.

While Applejack bucked every single tree in Sweet Apple Acres, Rarity searched Manehattan. No Starlight, though. Then, she went to Fillydelphia. Still nothing. “Where could she be?” she asked herself.


Spike walked into the town, greeted by warm, welcoming smiles. Real, friendly smiles. He hugged Sugar Belle, Double Diamond, and Party Favor, who offered him muffins. He beamed and took one, stuffing his mouth as he spoke. “Hrrv oo shin Shtrrloit?” he asked, barely anyone understanding him. Then, Party Favor lifted his hoof, as if to snap.

“I haven’t seen Starlight ever since she came back with Princess Twilight to apologize,” he answered.

Everyone agreed to this, nodding their heads along, when Night Glider spoke up. “You know, come to think of it, I have seen a bit of suspicious activity near the cave. Such as a faint glow coming from there."

“Well, then, let’s go!” Spike shouted, running towards the Cutie Mark cave. When they arrived, breathless, they saw hoofprints in the snow. They walked into the cave, a unicorn casting a light spell so that they could see. More hoofprints, Spike observed. They led to a tall rock, but when he checked behind it, no one was there, much to everyone’s surprise.

Spike took the train back to Ponyville, thinking of Starlight trying to be on her own. Where’s the loneliest place? he asked himself. When the train arrived at the station, he got off, already knowing where to go. Spike walked into the dark forest, sure that Starlight would be there. And he was sure he was right when he felt somepony lying on the ground. He felt for a horn, afraid it might be Starlight. He felt one and screamed. The pony was unconscious, and breathing slow breaths. He quickly picked her up and took her to Zecora’s hut.