• Published 19th Jun 2023
  • 298 Views, 8 Comments

Form O-134 - marmalado



A portal mishap causes Starlight to wander into a world where she is mistaken for a human that got turned into a pony. This, of course, presents some complications...and a lot of ire on her end.

  • ...
2
 8
 298

Response Letter

Dear Ms. Glimmer,
Thank you for submitting Form O-134 in regards to your recent visit to Toronto, Ontario, Canada, North America, Earth. (Hey, you said you wanted to know all about our world. I figured I would spell the exact location out for you.) We are very sorry you had an unpleasant experience with Odd Squad. In this letter, I'd like to put a couple of things at ease for you that I hope is to your satisfaction.

First of all, attached is a brochure I've made that should tell you all about Earth, as well as a brochure that should tell you more about Odd Squad and what we do. Although you aren't a client of ours, you're more than welcome to stop by Precinct 13579 and see what we do here. If you wish to learn more about Earth, we're your go-to organization. Odd Squad is, after all, a keystone of my planet, and we're absolutely no stranger to otherworldly ambassadors.

Second of all, my apologies go to you on behalf of two of my agents, Agent Olive and Agent Otto. How they treated you was way out of line and I have punished them accordingly. They said they were more than willing to meet you and apologize in-person (in-pony?), so if you do stop by, please feel free to ask for them. They are some of my best agents, but even my best agents have flaws.

Third of all, depending on if you are open to having other inhabitants of your world visit ours or not, I plan on holding a wide-scale meeting with my precinct soon, in order to discuss Equestria. In addition, depending on what course of action my boss takes, perhaps he may like to establish an alliance with your leader. Or leaders, if there's more than one of them. I, for one, am very interested in what Equestria has to offer and what it's all about, and I'm glad the feeling is mutual.

Finally -- and I feel I have to say this out of obligation to you as a unicorn and a potential visitor to our organization -- Odd Squad is rather known for eating unicorns. Please don't ask me why; they've been a delicacy here for longer than even I've been employed. But rest assured, you will be perfectly safe here. Not many agents eat unicorns, anyhow, and if any of them try to eat you, they'll have to deal with me. (And believe me, I'm stronger than this letter may make it out to be. Just wait until you meet me. I think you'll be pretty surprised at just what I'm capable of.)

Please make sure to get back to me as soon as pony-possible possible in regards to this letter, whether via response-response letter or via visit. I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours in equality and normalcy,
Ms. O, Director of Odd Squad Precinct 13579

P.S.: Sorry for the pony pun. I couldn't help myself. Had to be done.

Author's Note:

So a funny story happened on the way to FIMFiction about this one...

Reading through the Experimental sections of both iterations of this contest, I came to the conclusion that I'm not all that skilled at making something "experimental" that didn't also fit into, and qualify for, one of the other categories (my aim was to submit five stories with one in each category). So this is what I came up with. It's not the best -- the plot's a dead horse for me (pun unintended) and I've already submitted my obligatory Odd Squad crossover story for this contest -- but y'know, I tried, and it's better than not trying at all.

I'll probably revisit the whole "Starlight Glimmer visits the world of Odd Squad" concept sometime in the future...maybe as a sequel story to this one. But hopefully you enjoyed this to some extent or another.

Comments ( 6 )

Never seen Odd Squad get crossed over with MLP before but this definitely sounds about right if that were to happen

It seems perfectly reasonable to me.

i just looked up what odd squad is... she got accosted by CHILDREN. extremely funny

Finally -- and I feel I have to say this out of obligation to you as a unicorn and a potential visitor to our organization -- Odd Squad is rather known for eating unicorns. Please don't ask me why; they've been a delicacy here for longer than even I've been employed. But rest assured, you will be perfectly safe here.

well that is horrifying. but then again, is it any more horrifying to the ponies than the fact that humans use horses as beasts of burden and glue? really makes you think!

Using the author’s note to work in Twilight’s contact information is somewhere between clever and bending the rules of the contest, but I can appreciate it.

This is harmless, but it makes your other crossover entry that much more horrifying. Also, “Yours in equality and normalcy” feels tasteless when directed towards Starlight. Yes, Ms. O likely doesn’t know her history, but still.

In all, there’s barely anything here; just the after-action report of a far more interesting story.

11699094

Yes, Ms. O likely doesn't know her history, but still.

Hit that nail on the head. Odd Squad is big on equality (not necessarily Starlight's kind, though) and normalcy, which is one of the reasons why I paired it and Starlight together, among others (and like my other story, is a springboard to other stories running with the same concept). There's something to be said about Starlight's visit to the world of the humans and the strange-looking unicorns, but that might be covered in a future prequel story.

Either way, thank you for your constructive criticism. It's much appreciated.

Login or register to comment