• Published 2nd Sep 2023
  • 153 Views, 4 Comments

Quest for the Key of Harmony - Yurl 18



Twilight, Spike, and Rainbow Dash get called for an interesting adventure outside of Equestria

  • ...
 4
 153

Chapter I: Forest Over Yonder

Author's Note:

The characters may not be 100% accurate, forgive me if its not accurate I haven't watched mlp in a while.

Twilight Sparkle was organizing books onto her big shelf that was across the wall of the Castle room when Twilight heard a noise and saw that her flank was glowing! Twilight flew down to the Cutie Map and waited for Rainbow and Spike to get here because their icons were also on the map.

Rainbow Dash burst through the door and stood next to the map waiting for Spike, Spike finally got into the room and even though Spike was in the Castle and Rainbow was who know where, Rainbow dashed so fast to the Cutie Map before Spike even got the chance.

"Where are we going! Where do you think we are going?" Rainbow said to Twilight waiting for a response.
"I...dont know, The Cutie Map says its outside of Equestria so we are going to have to go pretty far."

(Twilight, Rainbow, and Spike ventured far and wide and finally reached the end of Equestria, they found themselves at the edge of a Forest, It looked a lot like the everfree Forest)

Twilight and the Pony and Dragon with her decide to go into the Forest not knowing what awaits them.
They walk for a short period of time before they hear a rustling noise behind them, the three of them turn around and the Forest enterance is gone.
They start to panic as their only way out is gone because there is a magical barrier above the Forest to protect it from harmful weather that is present outside of Equestria.
All three of them run back to where the enterance disappeared to find nothing, the Forest looks like it goes on forever and ever with no end in sight, their only option is to keep going and hope to find something.

The trio turn a corner and find a clone of Twilight, except that the clone has no wings and its fully black with no discernible features other then its shape.
"AAH!" Spike shrieked as he jumped back.
"Woah, It's a clone of you Twilight!" Rainbow Dash said as she flew over the clone while staring at it. Rainbow wasn't looking where she was going so she bumped into a tree. "Ow!" Rainbow said as she fell backwards.
"How is there a clone of me? How is it fully black, that doesn't seem possible!" Twilight said staring at the pitch black clone of her.
"How, why, what!" Twilight says freaking out.
"Calm down Twi, It isn't even moving. Will it even move?" Rainbow tells Twilight Sparkle Flying over her.
"I don't know, but we have to be safe, we don't know what this is." Twilight tells the pony with the rainbow mane flying over her.

The two ponies and dragon decide to walk past the clone trying to avoid it as much as they can.

They reach a river with a big bubble around it. "What is that?" Spike asks the purple pony to his left. "I don't know" Twilight says as she flies up and gets close to it, she reaches her hoof to it and it passes through it without any trouble, "Hmm... it must be safe then."
Twilight flies into it and once she enters the bubble her wings disappear like that one time Discord make their wings disappear all that time back.

"AAAH-oof!" she says as she hits the floor. "Twilight!" Rainbow dash and Spike yell as they go up next to Twilight as both of their wings disappear too as they enter the bubble.
"Are you okay?" Spike asks Twilight as he stands next to her while the blue pegasus helps her up, "Yea-ow" Twilight says getting up, "This bubble must use some magical forcefield that removes anycreatures wings" she says looking at her back where her wings once were.

"You look like the version of yourself a very long time back!" Spike jokes nudging Twilights side.
"Ha..ha very funny, you can't be talking" Twilight says with her eyelids half-closed.

"How do we get across this river if we can't fly?" Rainbow asks Twilight, "There's some vines hanging down so I think we can cross this river by swinging across them," the purple pony says pointing at the vine.
"Those vines look preetyyyy weak Twi, I don't think that would be safe." Rainbow comments. "Well you can swim right?",
"Yeah I can, we all can" the purple pony replies. "Although this stream is pretty fast so falling in wouldn't be safe."

"I'll go first!" Spike yells and runs towards the vine- "Wait Spike!" Twilight yells as Spike jumps on the vine, -"WOOOO!" Spike yells as we swings across and lands perfectly on the other side.
"I....Could've carried you with my magic Spike" Twilight says hoof-palming her face, "That's boring!" Spike says "Hurry up and get over here, I don't wanna wait any longer."

"My turn!" Rainbow says running towards the vine, she jumps, holds on the vine, and swings on the vine. SNAP! The vine snaps and Rainbow dash tumbles down next to Spike "OW!" Rainbow yelps as she hits the ground.
"Twilight!" Spike yells, "How are you going to pass now!"
"I think I can carry myself" Twilight guesses as her horn illuminates and a magical aura appears around her. "Ghnn!!!!" Twilight groans as she lifts herself up and slowly carries herself to the other side.

"Gnn-AH!" Twilight yells as she falls over the water and holds on to the ledge, "TWILIGHT!" Spike and Rainbow yell as they grab onto the purple ponies hooves and lift her up strugging to get her up. They manage to get Twilight up onto the grass as they collapse onto the ground.

"That was too close Twilight!" Rainbow Dash warns her friend infront of her.
"Yeah...but lets keep going!" Twilight tells both Rainbow Dash and Spike.

The three of them had managed to pass the dangerous river with Twilight almost falling in, they reached the end of the Forest and they seem to have reached the end of up the bubble, they exit the bubble and their wings magically appear back.

They look up ahead and it seems to be a desert, a very...long...desert.

Looks like their next adventure will be a very hard one...