• Published 28th Dec 2011
  • 1,761 Views, 30 Comments

A Hero's Story - TheBlackPanda



The world of man has ended, though one has escaped and has made his way to Equestria.

  • ...
10
 30
 1,761

Chapter 9 Part 1: Sacrifice

After Walking for a while, I was getting fed up. "Dude, where are we?" I asked.
"We took a back door route, that way, they're guarding the front and we'll be outta sight." He said.
Then we heard shouting. There was the sound of footsteps. Well, so much for 'outta sight'. I got ready to run. Then I heard a country voice.

"AH'M COMIN' THROUGH!" Soon I was staring a stampede dead in the face. When I saw who was leading it, I didn't even care.

Because the Cutie Mark Crusaders were right there. Followed by Fluttershy's animals. And then The citizens of the various towns! That was easily the most convinent situation. Ever. I called back to my group. They walked up, then once they saw their families, they all cried and ran to hug their brothers, sisters, mothers, and such. The only person not being hugged was Scootaloo. She had a huffy look, as if her pride was shot. She shuffled her hands in her pockets. For a second I thought I saw tears in her eyes. But she noticed my staring, and I just looked away. I felt kinda bad for her. But I assumed she had a family.

The Crusaders saw Darkside, "Hey, you're that nice man that told us about saving the town!"
My jaw dropped. Darkside? Helping CHILDREN? Unspeakable. But there he was hugging the three little girls and laughing. He was one of those guys that are like siblings to EVERYBODY. It made me think of just how close he and Kaitlin were. He would always ruffle her hair and her cat ears would sway with it. He always did the most childish things for her. (Tucked her in, red her bedtime stories. Just for their own personal lulz.) But now it was all gone. She had abandoned us. The thought of having to fight her made me sad. Then the apocalypse prophecy hit me. I had forgotten about it COMPLETELY. We still had time, however. After we got reacquainted, we headed for the center room of the palace. There Apocalypse stood, right next to DISCORD. Discord changed into a human shape. "WELCOME," He said, "To the slaughter..." He finished, licking his lips.

But fate threw me a curveball. Kaitlin landed in front of us, her body glowing with immense energy. She raised a ball of energy at me, ready to kill me. This was the end. Then she winked at me. "Sorry, B, But this one's mine."

She turned around and roundhouse kicked Apocalypse in the mouth. He went flying, and she followed closely. She grabbed his leg, only to have him spin in her grip and kick at her using his free leg. She blocked it, and pulled her sword out. She swung at him, and he pulled his sword out and blocked the blow. They slashed and spun like helions. Finally, they locked blades. She looked him in the eye and shouted, "TODAY, YOU DIE."

She broke the lock. She jumped all around, and slashed. She even did flips and barrel rolls (Shut up, Peppy). Their swords finally went flying in opposite directions. Eventually, they charged at one another. Swinging and kicking, she gained the upper hand. The two stood at a stand off. Finally, Kaitlin raised her right hand. "I'll put my entire being in this one, just to make sure you die."

Apocalypse drew his sword, "Fine then, I'll simply gut you."

They charged each other. Time was slow for us all. A mere second later, Kaitlin was bleeding, and she was hanging with Apocalypse's sword through her midsection. She raised her head, "I'll take you to Hell with me!"

She nailed him in the back of the head with her blast. They flew to opposite sides of the room. Kaitlin was laying there lifelessly. Apocalypse was struggling, but he soon fell limp as well. It scared me. I didn't want her to die. She was still herself. Darkside ran full out to his baby sister's body, and cradled it in his arms. "Oh no..." He said, "Don't you pull this heroic bullshit on me! Get back here! You... can't.." He started crying right there. I felt it in the air. It was in the sound of a crying man. It was in her little puddle of blood she left behind.

Kaitlin was dead.

_________________________


Naturally, I was shocked. I hadn't even talked to her, and she was just gone. That's it. Game-fucking-over. After our sparring, plans to move far away after college, rigging school systems so we could have every class together. It all led up to her. Dead. It was painful. I heard a steady laugh. I looked at Apocalypse. He was standing up. He began to laugh harder until he was mad with hysterics. I felt anger welling up inside me. I attacked him.

I felt nothing. I was nothing. I wanted his head.

I was being consumed by rage.

I could only feel my blinding rage.

I saw no one.

I heard no one.

I snapped myself out of it.

I pulled my light sword out. I swung hard at him. Then I blocked some slashes. I spun and slashed. The smell of Kaitlin's drying blood pushed me to kill him. Why won't you die? I wondered. I stabbed through him. I looked at him. He was shaking.

"I...I...I...r-r-w-w- I. WON'T LOSE. I'LL NEVER DIE."

I saw light explode around him, expanding rapidly. It was wiping everything out. And there he was.

I was staring the Light in the face.

TO BE CONTINUED...