• Published 20th Mar 2024
  • 489 Views, 12 Comments

G5 Adventures in Scooby-Doo! Stage Fright - ponydog127



The Mane 6 join forces with Mystery Incorporated to solve the mystery of a vengeful phantom haunting a Chicago opera house.

  • ...
2
 12
 489

A Magical Beginning to Our Story

It was about three weeks after the Mane 6 and Sparky's previous Unity Quest in Metropolis, and needless to say... it was an event that made the group realize how dangerous their Unity Quests could be.

I mean... fighting off giant, kryptonite-powered robots? Not exactly your every-day kind of thing. And by the time they got home, they were completely exhausted.

And until they were going to be sent on their next Unity Quest, the others decided to make their lives as normal as they possibly could... but it wasn't easy.

But, as the summer began, the ponies realized that they needed to do something special, so their summer memories weren't bad ones.

Luckily, Izzy knew just the little filly to take them on their next adventure.

XXXXXXXX

“This way, everypony!” said an excited young voice. “It's happening just on the other side of the forest!”

This voice belonged to Violette Rainbow, who was a purplish brown unicorn with white spots, due to her vitiligo, long lavender, light pink and baby blue dreadlocks that swoop over to her right, and she has a cutie mark with cyan heart-shaped paint board with two paintbrushes.

Violette was leading the Mane 6 and Sparky through the forest to a special event that she was sure that the group was going to love... even if it was on the other side of the Bridlewood Spog.

As the group leapt over a pit of green mud after Violette, Hitch and Izzy fell into it, getting caked in it before they followed after their friends, panting in exhaustion. “Where… do you think… she’s taking us?” Hitch panted. “I’m not sure,” Sunny spoke up, “but she said it was really important!”

Finally, Violette stopped running when she approached a large pond, where thousands of breezies were flying around and around in a circle, eyes sparkling in excitement. “Wow!” she squealed as the Mane 6 finally caught up to her. “It’s finally happening!”

“What?” Zipp panted. “What’s happening?”

“And where?” Izzy asked, wandering onto the scene with mud covering her face, which she shook off in order to see what was in front of them. “Oh! There!”

“Wow… I’ve never seen anything like this!” Sunny exclaimed, looking up at all the breezies swirling around. “Me neither!” Pipp agreed, flying up and taking some selfies with the breezies in the background. “Violette, what is this totally ClipTrot worthy sight?!”

“This is the Swirlpool Starlight!” Violette explained to her friends. “Every ten years, all the breezies gather and combine their magic in a special ceremony. Anypony who witnesses it is forever changed when the breezies' magic looks into their hearts!”

“Looks into their hearts?” Hitch looked confused. “How is that supposed to work?”

Before Violette could respond to this, however, a magical rainbow orb appeared at the center of the pond where the Breezies were circling, and that orb created a bright flash that blinded the group for a moment.

When their vision returned, the pond seemed to glow for a moment before returning to normal. “...wow,” Zipp blinked. “That sure was something else.”

“So what happens now?” Misty asked in curiosity. “Violette Rainbow. Step forth and look into your future,” a mysterious voice said as the rocks glowed in a pattern before heading towards the lily pad at the center of the lake. “Whoa... it knows my name!” Violette said with an excited smile before leaping onto the rocks and onto the lily pad.

But the second she stepped onto that lily pad, the water started circling around her before it launched in the air in a swirling tornado. “Violette!!” Sunny cried in panic while the others looked stunned... all except Izzy, who scoffed in reassurance. “She's fine,” she told her friends. “Maybe it's giving her a makeover. Or superpowers! Or eating her brains! Ooh, or a friendship bracelet.”

The water tornado then ceased, and after it disappeared completely, they saw Violette at the center. “Violette? You okay?” Zipp asked in concern. “Okay...?! It was hoof-tacular!” Violette exclaimed happily, her cutie mark sparkling before she started jumping back to her friends. “The spog! The magic! It looked in my heart! It said my heart was kind and that Bridlewood would grow green and lush with me as its gardener!”

As Izzy and Violette hugged tenderly, Misty had a worry suddenly enter her brain. “Wait. Did you say it looked into your heart?”

“Yeah! It showed me all sorts of memories,” said Violette, “and it told me my future too! It was amazing!”

Misty looked a little nervous at that, causing Izzy to frown in concern. “Is everything okay, Misty-Twisty?”

“Well... if it shows you things from your past before it shows you your future,” Misty admitted, “I just... I don't want to be reminded of all the bad things I did.”

“Misty, you’re one of the good-est ponies that we know,” Izzy said. “And, even after all that happened to you, I’m sure the universe will think the same thing,” Zipp agreed. “And if it doesn’t… well, me and the universe are gonna have some words.”

“And,” Hitch said, “I might have to use words that aren’t good for Violette and Sparky to hear.”

Everyone blinked in surprise at this before they all burst into laughter. “Thanks, guys,” Misty smiled. “I feel a lot better.”

Sunny Starscout, Hitch Trailblazer, Izzy Moonbow, Pipp Petals, Zipp Storm and Misty Brightdawn,” the mysterious voice called out again. “Step forth and look into your future.

“It’s calling all of us at once?” Sunny asked, looking at her friends. “This sounds intriguing.”

“And potentially risky,” Hitch said before setting Sparky down next to Violette. “Can you keep an eye on Sparky while we’re inside that thing?”

“Sure!” Violette smiled. “Have fun!”

One by one, the ponies walked across the rocks and onto the lily pad, and the water tornado formed once the last pony had stepped on. When the group opened their eyes, they found that they were no longer on the lily pad…

…but in a vast, swirling, galaxy-like place, causing them to gasp in awe. “Guardians of the Unity Crystals,” said the voice as memories of their past adventures appeared around them, “you are some of the purest ponies Equestria has seen since the days of Twilight Sparkle and the Guardians of Harmony. But your quests in other dimensions are not over yet. You will find a way to defeat the evil Allura… just so long as you stick together.

“Wait… really?” Sunny asked. “But, do you know where the star shards are? And where she’s going next?”

Unfortunately… I do not,” the voice said, causing them to frown. “You must rely on your instincts, and let your friendship guide you through… because your next adventure is starting sooner than you think.

But, before they could say anything else, the watery tornado fell apart, revealing them up into the outside world. “So, what kind of future did you get?” Violette asked curiously. “What did it say?!”

“It did say we would defeat Allura in time, and that's a relief,” Sunny said. “But... it said something else too.”

Our next adventure is starting sooner than we think...” Zipp hummed in thought before letting out a stunned gasp. “Do you think that voice somehow knew that we would be going on another Unity Quest soon?”

“I think it does!” Violette pointed at their flanks. “Look at that!”

Truth be told, their cutie marks were glowing rather brightly, and the magic from them created a swirling portal nearby. “Wow, that was coincidentally timed,” Izzy chirped. “Let's go find that star shard and stop that evil pussycat!”

“Violette,” said Sunny as Sparky hugged Hitch’s hoof as a farewell, “are you going to be okay here with Sparky for a little bit?”

“Yeah. I'll be here watching the breezies until you get back,” Violette said with a nod. “Just... be careful out there.”

“Don't worry, we will be,” Zipp said, rubbing her head before turning to her friends. “Come on, guys, we gotta go!”

And so, the Mane 6 bid their goodbyes with Violette Rainbow and Sparky before jumping through the portal, setting off on what could be their most... musical Unity Quests yet.

Author's Note:

I was totally inspired to use the Swirlpool Starlight episode and twist it around a bit, so we could get a glimpse into the Mane 6's future.