• Published 20th Mar 2024
  • 490 Views, 12 Comments

G5 Adventures in Scooby-Doo! Stage Fright - ponydog127



The Mane 6 join forces with Mystery Incorporated to solve the mystery of a vengeful phantom haunting a Chicago opera house.

  • ...
2
 12
 490

Dress Rehearsal Drama

It was the day after the second phantom attack, and the gang was all set to look for clues in between rehearsals.

However… their worries were also for Breena, Eden and Pavari, wondering if they were going to make it through this rehearsal without bickering and feuding.

But, they would have to see what would be ahead of them to know for sure.

XXXXXXXX

The ponies decided to enter the opera house with Shaggy and Scooby (who were disguised as a mother with her baby) in order to make sure they got past the security guard without any problems... and keep Shaggy and Scooby out of any unwanted mishaps.

By the time they arrived at the door, the security guard looked at the baby carriage suspiciously before instantly melting at the thought of seeing the ‘little one’ inside. “Aw, look at the little…” he began to say before removing the blanket, revealing Scooby dressed as a baby, startling him. “...baby?”

“Gooby-Gooby-Goo,” Scooby said, shaking his rattle before Shaggy pushed the carriage inside the opera house, with the Mane 6 in pursuit.

XXXXXXXX

When everyone finally entered the opera house to get ready, the finishing touches were being added to the stage and Dewey stepped out to the podium, dusting off his dress rehearsal schedule. “Okay, people!” he announced. “We've only got one dress rehearsal, so let's get it right. Chrissy Damon, you're up first.”

But, on the other side of the stage, Dewey saw that Barb and Lance were arguing again, this time barely audible, and Chrissy was watching them, causing him to growl in frustration before calling her again. “Chrissy!”

“Ready!” Chrissy chirped cheerfully, and skipped out on stage just before the music began, and even Pipp had to admit, for how… dangerous Chrissy sounded, she had a really good voice.

Chrissy: Stay away from my man, home-wrecker
Nobody comes between me and my man
Stay away… or I'll pummel you
I'm a runaway train

Don't think I won't fight you
Don't think I'll lay down
Don't think I won't punch you
Right to the ground

Noooo-wao-wao-wao-wao

I will never rest
Until you're far away
My fists are gonna put you
In a world of pain

Stay away from my man

By the time the song was over, Chrissy’s parents were smiling fondly at Chrissy, and as she walked off the stage and out of earshot, Velma knew she had to say… something about that performance. “For a girl her age, that song seems a little… incredibly inappropriate.”

“Yeah,” Fred nodded. “Very incredibly,” Sunny agreed. “But you gotta admit,” Pipp spoke up, “she does have style… something I kind of admire?”

Chrissy's parents applauded her as she walked past them, but she merely dropped her microphone and walked off, huffing. “All right, all right, very good. And next, we have…” Dewey said before he read the next name with exasperation. “...the SirenSong Sisters.”

“All right, girls!” Breena smiled. “It’s showtime!”

“Um… Breena?” Eden tried to speak. “I was hoping maybe we could… change it up a bit this time?”

“Huh? How?”

“Well… we could all take turns singing ‘If the top is where you wanna stay’,” Pavari suggested. “It is in the song three times, so it makes sense.”

“Huh… I never thought about that before,” Breena hummed, and then remembered the conversation she had with Izzy and Zipp. “I guess we could always try that.”

“Really?” Eden and Pavari chorused. “Well… yeah. Just for a trial run,” Breena reminded them before taking their positions onstage. “All right… let’s do this!”

Once the sisters had taken their positions onstage, the music began to play, and the platforms and the staircases that went with them, began to rise, just as the sisters began their song.

Breena: Mmm-mmm…

Never gets old no matter how much I'm told
I'm amazing

Eden and Pavari: You’re amazing

Breena: Hard to get tired when I'm always on fire
I'm blazin'

Pavari and Eden: Ooh, you’re blazin’

SirenSong Sisters: All my greatest, it doesn't come for free (Yeah)
All my talent, tt doesn't grow on trees
Take a breather (Ooh), then take it all away

Breena: If the top is where you wanna stay…

SirenSong Sisters: You gotta work hard (Uh-huh)
To make it look it easy
You gotta live fast
To keep makin' that money (Ooh)

If you want to be as famous as me
You gotta work, you gotta work, you gotta work
Watch me work

“Wow,” Zipp commented from where she, Misty, Sunny, Shaggy and Scooby were watching in the audience. “They may fight at times, but you gotta admit it-- they’re amazing!”

“I’ll agree to that!” Sunny cheered. “WHOO-HOO!!”

Breena: Haters wanna be me or be with me
Yeah, they're f-f-frеakin'

Pavari and Eden: Yeah, they’re freakin’

Eden: I just keep on workin', lurkin', smirkin'
When they think that I'm peakin'

Pavari: Never peakin’, yeah

SirenSong Sisters: All my greatest, it doesn't come for free (Yeah)
All my talent, tt doesn't grow on trees
Take a breather (Ooh), then take it all away

Eden: If the top is where you wanna stay...!!!

SirenSong Sisters: You gotta work hard (Uh-huh)
To make it look it easy
You gotta live fast
To keep makin' that money (Ooh)

If you want to be as famous as me
You gotta work, you gotta work, you gotta work
Watch me work

Ooh, ooh, ooh
Ooh, ooh, go ahead and watch me work
Ooh, ooh, ooh
Ooh, ooh
Go ahead and watch me work

Pavari: If the top is where you wanna stay...!!!

SirenSong Sisters: You gotta work hard (Uh-huh)
To make it look it easy
You gotta live fast
To keep makin' that money (Ooh)

If you want to be as famous as me
You gotta work, you gotta work, you gotta work

Watch me work!

Everyone in the audience and those waiting backstage for their turn cheered wildly as the performance ended, and Breena turned to her sisters. “Wow, your idea was really something, Edie! I think it made our performance that much better!”

“R-Really?” Eden looked surprised. “You really like it?”

“Of course I do!” Breena smiled before her face fell. “I’m sorry if I haven’t said it enough.”

“...thanks, sis,” Eden smiled. “I appreciate that.”

As the sisters leapt off the stage to join their friends, Dewey stepped up to the mic again. “Next is… Emma Gale,” he announced before looking at Collette. “Has anyone cleaned this microphone recently?”

“Like, an hour ago?” Collette supposed. “Unbelievable. Are we savages…?” Dewey muttered and got to cleaning the mic as the most beautiful violin music filled the air. Emma was in her own universe by that moment, not disturbed by the fiery effects bursting up out of the stage, and everyone was watching her in amazement. “Oh my gosh, she’s amazing!” Daphne said before turning to the couple watching her next to them. “Are you Emma’s parents?”

“Hey, Mike and Meg Gale, pleased to meet you,” Emma’s father smiled. “ Boy, isn't she terrific?”

“Yeah,” Fred nodded. “I think she's got a good shot at winning.”

“Well, we sure hope so,” Meg spoke. “Without that prize money the bank's going to take our farm.”

“O-Oh,” Hitch felt his heart twinge at that. “That’s terrible.”

“Yeah…” Meg sighed sadly. “It's been in our family for five generations. Mike's grandparents are buried there.”

The other ponies, Fred and Daphne looked at each other with sadness and sympathy… up until now, they had only cared about Fred and Daphne winning the show and the prize money… not of what it would mean to others.

Especially Emma’s family.

Pipp wanted Fred and Daphne to win, but… then again… she wouldn’t mind if they lost some either. “So, uh,” Mike interrupted the silence, looking at Fred and Daphne, “what are you two gonna do with the money if you win?”

But, honestly? Fred and Daphne hadn’t even thought about what they would have done with the prize money, so… they just said the first thing that came to their minds.

“Um, could use some new seat covers for the van.”

“Um, possibly a hat…?”

Unsure of what they should say, Izzy, Hitch and Pipp looked at their friends before looking toward the audience and noticed that Misty, Shaggy and Scooby were missing...

...and they hoped that Misty was keeping their friends out of trouble.

XXXXXXXX

Misty was following Shaggy and Scooby through the back hallways of the opera house to find Brick Pimiento, and they eventually did after a few minutes. “Hey, Mr. Pimiento!” Misty smiled. “I know the boys were a little unprepared before...”

“...but now we have got the act for you,” Shaggy finished, letting Scooby nod in agreement. “We are... hold for it... contortionists!”

“Ta-da!” Scooby said with a smile, making Misty blink in surprise. “Uh... contort-a-what-now?”

Ignoring Misty’s confusion, Brick turned back to the boys. “All right, well, let's see what you got.”

Shaggy and Scooby began to stretch and pop their bones a bit before they began their routine... and this made Misty a tad uncomfortable and a tad worried about what she was about to see.

XXXXXXXX

Pavari, Eden and Velma were going to look through the hall for their friends when Shaggy and Scooby let out a pained scream, and when they went to check on their friends, Brick got in their path, startling them. “You might wanna go help your friends. They've gotten themselves a little tangled, heh. Fantastic.”

And just like that, he ran off, leaving the three of them to peek around the corner to see Misty trying to pull a twisted Shaggy and Scooby apart, but to no avail. “We need aspirin, a chiropractor and some baby oil...” Shaggy groaned as he and Scooby fell to the ground. “...right now!”

Velma blinked in surprise as the two leopard sisters seemed to wince at the scene. “Um... okay...?”

“I actually think I have a better idea,” Eden said in thought. “Pavari, do you think we could make a long, wet vine that can squirm in between Shaggy and Scooby and pry them apart?”

“Absolutely!” Pavari smiled. “Let’s do this!”

She and Eden slammed their paws together, letting them glow before a slippery wet vine grew from the ground, worming its way between Shaggy and Scooby, causing them to giggle. “Hey!” Scooby giggled. “That tickles!”

And after a bit of worming their way through, the vines managed to pry Shaggy and Scooby off of one another, causing them to fall to the ground. “Nice work, you two!” Misty told the leopards as she helped Shaggy and Scooby to their feet. “But we better get back to the stage before Fred and Daphne’s turn.”

XXXXXXXX

By the time that the others had returned to the stage, Emma had just finished her act, and Dewey was set to announce who was next. “Next up... Lotte Lavoie!”

“All right, all right!” Lotte shooed her man-posse away from her. “Throat spray.”

One of her man posse members handed her a bottle, to which she used to spray her throat before taking a microphone and stepping out onto the stage.

Peeking out from their hiding place, Shaggy and Scooby gasped in fear over Lotte, and Eden and Pavari whimpered, leading Breena to wrap her wings around them comfortably.

But then... something very unusual happened. Every time Lotte began singing, her voice came as a hoarse squeak, along with some coughing fits.

And even with a raspy voice, Lotte directed her fury toward everyone in the room, prompting them to hide. “Who did this to me...?! Who...?!” she snarled. “Someone is going to pay for this. Someone is going to pay!”

XXXXXXXX

Within a few minutes, the doctor was able to examine Lotte's throat. “Well... how does it look, doc?” Zipp asked in concern. “Well,” said the doctor, “it appears that her throat has been sprayed with some kind of chemical irritant. There's no permanent damage, but you won't be able to sing for a week.”

Unfortunately, Lotte began to direct her anger toward the doctor, one of her own body guards, the ponies... anyone who was around, and this caused Shaggy, Scooby and Misty to hide in the nearby closet. “I'm gonna sue you and you and you... and EVERYONE!!!” Lotte hoarsely shrieked before she marched off the stage, her body guards in pursuit. “Somebody had better fix this or I am going to get mad!”

And just like that, Lotte was out of the building and officially out of the competition. Daphne was one of thise that watched her leave before turning to her friends. “So do you think maybe the phantom is behind this?”

“Hmm... he could be,” Hitch nodded. “But I think we need to keep an eye out for anything suspicious in the meantime.”

“We’re behind schedule, people!” Dewey said impatiently. “Next up are... Blake and Jones!”

“Okay, guys,” Velma said, “we'll keep an eye open for the phantom.”

“Actually, we'll keep both of our eyes open!” Izzy agreed. “So we can keep an even better eye out!”

“Right-- don't worry about a thing!” Zipp reassured before she, Breena, Shaggy and Scooby rushed off to survey the area. And since their friends were taking care of watching out for the phantom, Fred and Daphne stepped out onstage, with Fred playing his guitar and Daphne starting to sing a song.

Daphne: Rainstorm over the ocean
Sunshine after the rain
Clouds rise up from the water
Nature's endless chain

The world keeps on spinning
From day into the night
From season to season
From darkness to light

But, during the second verse, Breena, Zipp, Shaggy and Scooby saw someone rushing through the darkness, and rushed up to the rafters to get a closer look as Fred and Daphne reached the chorus.

Fred and Daphne: Our lives keep evolving
Through hope and despair
I can take all the changes
Knowing you're there

We are like the rivers
That join at the sea…

As soon as Breena and Zipp flew up to the rafters, with Shaggy and Scooby climbing the ladder, they looked down and saw that the figure running was only Brick Pimiento, causing Zipp to sigh in relief. “Easy, guys-- it’s only Brick.”

Shaggy and Scooby rested comfortably on the railing of the rafters… up until they accidentally slipped and fell right on Brick as Fred and Daphne finished up their song.

Daphne: It’s enough for me
It’s enough for me…

The other ponies, Eden and Pavari stomped their paws/hooves and cheered for their friends, and Emma rushed out onstage and hugged Daphne. “You guys were great!”

“Thanks!” Daphne smiled warmly.

XXXXXXXX

“Sorry, sir,” Shaggy apologized to Brick as Breena and Zipp helped everyone up. “So sorry.”

“Was that your new act?” Brick asked with a slight chuckle. “What are you, the human cannonball?”

“To be quite honest,” Breena admitted as she held up Brick's jacket for him to slip through, “we thought you might’ve been the phantom.”

“What? Why would you think that?” Brick asked quickly and nervously. “That's crazy.”

Zipp couldn’t help but hum at Brick’s nervous behavior… and wondered if Velma was right about Brick being the phantom after all.

XXXXXXXX

When the others arrived with their friends, the Great Pauldini was rehearsing his disappearing trick, to which was successful, much to the surprise of the gang. “Still no sign of the phantom,” Velma whispered. “Maybe the whole thing’s over,” Daphne supposed. “I wouldn’t go that far yet, Daph,” Sunny whispered. “I got a bad feeling about this.”

After a minute or so, it was Waldo's turn, sitting on his dummy's lap while he did his act.

“Say, Hufnagel, are you an actor or a dummy?”

“I don't know, what's the difference?”

Izzy burst into laugher at this. “He's hilarious, right guys?”

“Uh… sure, Iz,” Pipp said in sarcastic agreement. “Sure.”

At the same time, the Girlasaurus Rex band was watching from down in the audience when the girl with dark purple hair smiled admiringly at Waldo. “He’s so hot.”

Suddenly, Cathy gasped in alarm upon seeing something. “Oh my gosh, he’s on fire!”

“Totally…”

“No!” Cathy shook her head, pointing at Waldo. “I mean, he’s really on fire!”

“Hey, Hufnagel, do you…” Waldo began to ask when a revolting smell hit him head on, “...smell something burning?”

But when he looked down, he was alarmed to see that Hufnagel was on fire! Everyone gasped just before Pavari flew over and used her powers to extinguish the flames... but not before the phantom's laughter echoed throughout the entire opera house. “Christine must win!

The Mane 6 and the leopard sisters gathered around their new friends, glancing around cautiously in case the phantom were to appear. “Security, find that phantom!!” Dewey shrieked to the security on scene. “Find him, find him!!”

After the security team split up, Waldo was seen leaving the stage. “Waldo? Hey, you're not leaving, are you, buddy?” Brick nervously asked. “No,” Waldo responded sarcastically, “I thought I'd stay and risk my life for a stupid talent show.”

“Hey, that's fanta... hey.”

“Of course I'm leaving. And the rest of you will too, if you have any sense,” Waldo warned, giving the Girlasaurus Rex band his card before he left.

However, the girls began wrestling over the card and arguing, causing them to fall to the floor and, causing Zipp to call out to them as she and her friends left the stage. “Girlasaurus Rex? I think you guys are on!”

The ponies and their Mystery Inc friends took their seats in the audience to watch the performance while Breena, Eden and Pavari watched off to the side, and even they had to admit, they were excited to see what this band had in them.

“We are…”

“GIRLASAURUS REX!!! RAAAAWR!!!”

Scooby yelped and hid at this, but that’s when the band took their places to perform. “One! Two! One, two, three, four!”

But, as the band began to play, their instruments suddenly fell apart one by one, and even the drums came apart and rolled in different directions. Even with no instruments, the band attempted to try and mimic their sounds, but this was all ruined when the phantom’s face suddenly appeared on the screens.

Everyone gasped at this as the band ran for cover, and the leopard sisters leapt in front of Girlasaurus Rex to protect them in case the phantom tried anything. “Christine must win… HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!

Dewey and Collette immediately hid behind the podium in fright, and Dewey reached out to K.T in the sound booth. “K.T.? Where is he? Where is he?!”

He’s in the prop room. No, wait! He's in the coffee… h-he's everywhere! What the heck?!

“Okay, guys, this is getting bad,” Sunny told her friends as the phantom continued to cackle. “Most all the acts have been eliminated so far, and next time? Who knows what the phantom will do!”

“Sunny’s right,” Zipp said. “This guy is as dangerous as Allura! Maybe even more so!”

“So wha… what do we do?” Scooby asked fearfully. “I'll tell you what we're gonna do-- we're gonna buckle down and solve this case,” Sunny rubbed the Great Dane reassuringly. “No matter where it may take us... and no matter who it may lead us to.”

Author's Note:

This is the song I decided to use for the sisters' number one hit:

Watch Me Work | Trolls Trollpedia | Fandom