• Published 24th Apr 2024
  • 643 Views, 7 Comments

Pinkie Pie’s Clone Wins a Game of Hide-and-Seek - owlicious



Pinkie Pie's clone played a game of hide-and-seek with Apple Bloom. She got on a train and moved to Manehattan to keep hiding, winning, and existing.

  • ...
2
 7
 643

Ponyville's Newest Hide and Go Seek Champion

Author's Note:

In MLP G4's episode Too Many Pinkie Pies, fun-seeking clones annoy a mob of angry citizens, and Twilight sends them all back to the Mirror Pool. In the second chapter of this story, the main character goes to a library, and learns more about Equestria and acts less naive.

This is told in first person from the perspective of a fun-seeking Mirror Pool clone with some of Pinkie Pie's habits, abilities, and mannerisms, and none of her memories. She's learning all about Equestria for the first time.

I bounced up and down, yelling, “Hey! Look at this cool shiny flaky rock that I found on a boulder!“

I bet everypony will love it! Pulling tiny sheets off of it with my hooves is so much fun.

A little yellow filly with red hair, a pink bow, and no cutie mark said, “Seriously, Pinkie Pie? That’s just Mica. It’s everywhere around here!“ She sounded annoyed, instead of being cheered up by my rock. She smirked, and said “I know what’s fun,” she enthusiastically finished, “Hide-and-seek! You hide far away, and I look for you!”, before turning around and trotting away.

”Hide-and-seek sounds like so much fun! I promise to do my best!”

Wait, I’m Pinkie, so is that a Pinkie Promise? I'm getting a really bad feeling that I shouldn’t break my promise, but I don’t know why.

Anyway, hide-and-seek sounds like so much fun! I see a barrel way over there next to a giant tree! It’s the perfect hiding place!

After putting away my cool rock, I quietly trotted over to the barrel, opened the lid, looked inside, and silently hopped in, and closed the lid behind me without a sound.

I heard her angrily yelling from far away, “Now maybe I can get back to selling apples in some gosh-darned peace and quiet!”

Oh, were we playing the quiet game too? I bet I’d be super-duper great at that.

I moved my eye towards the light, and looked at her standing next to a wooden structure and some buckets full of apples.

Ha! She’s looking at the wrong place! I’m not in an apple bucket! But I better not laugh out loud, or she’ll find me!

What does “selling apples“ even mean? Well, I guess I can wait, before she starts seeking. I’m having so much fun watching everypony!


I’ve been hiding in this barrel for what feels like forever.

Huh, I see a herd of Pinkies running to that tree building! And wow! That yellow filly’s from before's helping chase them there and close the doors? I didn’t even know that every-Pinkie else was competing with me, or that that filly was so good at hide-and-seek! But she hasn’t found me. Does that make me the new hide-and-seek champion? I wonder how long I can keep this up? This is so exciting!

A pegasus flew by, carrying a frowny Pinkie into the library. She then yelled, “Wait up, I got one more! Found this one poking at the ground with her hoof, drawing frowny faces.”

I’m bored! Hey, that pegasus must be Rainbow Dash. Maybe this rock would cheer up that frowny Pinkie?


Hours later, after I heard puffing sounds and saw a lot of glowing pink wisps of smoke fly out of Twilight’s Library, I heard Rainbow Dash exclaim, “Somepony’s making balloon animals.“

Where? If I didn’t promise that apple-selling filly that I’d play hide-and-seek with her, I’d totally want to see that!

I saw another wisp of smoke.

After a few more minutes of a boring conversation, I heard a Pinkie yell joyfully and uncertainly, “I’m me! I’m me! I’m me! Or am I? Yeah, I’m pretty sure I am.”

Oh. Is the contest over? But wait! I’m me! So if she’s now the only Pinkie, then who am I?!


After her ordeal, in her bedroom in Sugarcube Corner, an exhausted Pinkie Pie cheerfully laid on her back on her bed, and dictated a letter for Spike to write down and send to Princess Celestia. “Dear Princess Celestia. It’s great to have fun, but it’s even greater to have great friends. And having lots of friends means that you sometimes have to make choices as to who you’ll spend your time with. But that’s okay, …”


I silently stayed in the barrel. I’m bored! Am I winning? Are the rest of me having fun back at the Mirror Pool?


Around an hour later, a green-haired unicorn and an cream colored earth pony trotted by me. Nopony’s found me yet. I must be great at hide-and-seek!

The green unicorn with a golden cutie mark with vertical lines said, “Bon Bon, I’m not calling those evil things Pinkie Pie Mirror Pool clones, that’s way too long. I know! I’ll call them Finger Food instead, because there were so many of them, and they vanished quickly!”

That’s a super funny name! I guess that if there’s only one Pinkie Pie, then I’ll call myself Finger Food!

Bon Bon snorted and responded, “Again with the fingers, Lyra? I couldn’t sell anything because they ate my sweets without paying, and annoyed all of my potential customers! They kept chanting ‘Fun!’, but there’s nothing fun about them! I’m glad they’re dead.”

Rude! I didn’t even eat any of your sweets; there weren’t any left to eat! And how was I supposed to know you’re supposed to pay for those, if nopony ever told me? I’m totally fun and not annoying! I’ll show you that you’re wrong and I’m fun, no matter how long it takes!

Lyra argued, “I thought they were just sent back to the Mirror Pool. I don’t want to bother Twilight with any silly questions about those horrible, evil things. She’ll think I’m stupid.”

I quietly let out a breath and looked down. Maybe I should hide somewhere else? I don’t know what ’evil’ means, but I get the feeling nopony likes me here, and that’s no fun at all. And my hair’s getting in the way. Why did my mane start drooping over my eyes?


What’s that rumbling and screeching noise? I peeked out of the top of my barrel.

Wow, it’s a huge boxy shiny metal and glass thing with wheels and bright colors all over? It looks super fun! And it looks like it stopped moving.

I zoomed inside the giant metal and glass box past other ponies, and hid in a corner behind a chair.

How did I even do that?

A stallion authoritatively yelled, “All aboard the Friendship Express!”

Is this thing moving again? I wonder where it's going?