• Published 7th Jan 2012
  • 12,359 Views, 111 Comments

Ponies in the Human World: Rarity and I - Ponyman14



Rarity suddenly finds herself lost and alone in the human world! Can she find her way back home?

  • ...
13
 111
 12,359

Epilogue

-------------

Three months later (Today)

It's been three months since Rarity left. I had that brief dream about Rarity last night, which I mentioned at the start of the story. I miss her. I have cherished the gems she gave me. I'm sure they're worth a lot of money, but for now their sentimental value is my greatest treasure.

But Time moves on, and so must I. After that fateful night when Rarity had to leave, I did not slump back into my old habits. Instead I've kept myself physically fit and well groomed, the things that being around Rarity had enticed me to do. When my dad returned from his business trip, he was surprised that I wanted to work. I recently got a paid internship at an office downtown. My dad knew someone at the company who was able to get me in. I wasn't sure what my first job would have in store for me. Rarity had taught me to be confident about life, and I was excited about my first day on the job.

That day is today. I now stand at office doors, adjusting my tie. The glass doors are too dark to see through. "This is it," I say to myself. I open the doors and walk in. In the well-lit entry room, there is a reception desk against one of the walls. Here sits whom I assumed to be the receptionist, a girl about my age. She's turns sideways towards me so I can just see her profile. She's looking into a handheld mirror, and examining her hair, which is hanging down from her head in big curls and seems to shimmer in the light. I approached the desk.

"Yes, how may I help you?" She said, putting down the mirror and turning to me.

I pause for a moment to "soak in" her appearance. He has on a bright white blouse -simple yet stylish-, and also a long, purple skirt. She's also wearing a simple necklace with a small blue sapphire in the middle, with matching earrings. She's not wearing any makeup other than a little something on her eyes and eyelashes. Her eyes are dark blue. I thought she was kind of pretty.

"Hi," I say, "I'm starting an internship here today."

"Is that with Mr. Douglas?" She asks.

"Yes, that's right."

"Well, welcome to the company," She says, smiling, "I'll let him know you're here."

"Mr. Douglas, someone's here to see you for the internship," She now says into an intercom.

"He'll be out in a minute," she says, "So what's your name?"

I told her.

"It's nice to meet you. I'm Chastity."

Now we're talking about casual things. She makes a joke and we're laughing. I smile at her and she smiles back at me. Suddenly I realize that she's not just pretty, she's downright gorgeous. And such a sweet voice! Now she's looking me over!

"You know, it's good to see someone around here who takes pride in his appearance," she's saying. She leans towards me and whispers, "You wouldn't know it, but some of the our employees around here have THE WORST body odor..."

I smile at her and laugh.

"You remind me of someone I used to know," I say, "I think we're going to get along together just fine."

Comments ( 60 )
#1 · Jan 7th, 2012 · · ·

nice... lol rarity fixed his life...

If I find this story to be completed, I will be very upset with you Mr. Author. The human must go to Equestria and surprise rarity at once.

I see it's completed. I take it that means you are either working on or have already made a sequel? Good.

From your description: "Rarity makes a huge impact on the life of her human friend, and finally makes it back to Equestria."

Um, why would you put a huge spoiler like that there? It basically ruins the whole story; you already know how it ends. There's no need to read it if you know the ending. I basically got the gist of the whole plot in 10 seconds.

I love this I hope the human goes to Equestria and you also never said the human's name either that or i didn't pay attention to the name

Rarity is best pony :raritywink:

#7 · Jan 7th, 2012 · · ·

Nice ending!
Thanks for not having the human sit around and wallow in self pity.
Because that's how too many of these end.

beautiful! magnifique

very well done! a beautiful story, almost on the same level as 'My Little Dashie', imho.

I'm going to read this

I read the story on DevianArt first, and I thought it was good but with a sad ending, :fluttercry:
That last chapter makes it a little better. The time with Rarity really hlps him to change his life for the better.

Great Story.

#12 · Jan 8th, 2012 · · ·

Technically it's "Rarity and Me." I know, we're taught the opposite all through our lives, but "Rarity and Me" is actually correct. Weird, right?

Extremely well done and thought out, or maybe it was just luck, I dunno lol. Point is, you`re great at this kind of thing and it was a joy to read.

Read the whole thing. I was a little worried about reading "my little dashie" clones, but after reading your work I don't think the idea is frightening any more. You said you were going to try this with all the ponies? I wish you the best of luck. If you look around almost every pony has met with a human and had a wonderful adventure. Its not impossible but delicate.:raritywink: Good luck!

115306 The name was never said. It's a great technique writers use that leaves the characters' names open to interpretation. It can also be used so that the reader can substitute their own name in.

Great story. I hope you do continue this with the other ponies. Maybe add in a few surprises as well, so that they're not all about a human meeting a pony, pony lives with human, pony must leave, human gets sad. Maybe a human or two gets to, ah, stow away?

Awww man... I was REALLY hoping the narrator and Rarity would be able to be together somehow in the end. Chastiy is a decent stand-in, but if I was in his stead, she would be just that: a stand-in for the woman/mare he loves. I know there would be no plausible way to make what I want work without complete ass-pullery, but I still in my heart want it.
I would also like to say that even three months ago, well into my tenure of being a brony, I would laugh at people like me for being this attached to a human/pony pairing. Wow, fandom really changes you, lol.

What a sweet story! I think it's quite lovely, and very true to form for Rarity, that she can make a person start caring about himself again just by being in his life. The narrator's progression and growth is very well written. Well done.

Though I'm not a rarity fan kind of guy but this story ROCKS, you did ever thing to make me say D'AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW and :raritycry::raritydespair: well sir you just got a comment and 5 stars

115261 its not just about the destination its also about the journey :moustache:

115251 At least, he is if he knows what's good for him...


Disappoint us, and you'll find out that I AM Magical Trevor, and you'll see just how much magic I've got...

~ Moonstone, Minstrel of Equestria

p.s. I'm serial. There had better be more in some way, shape or form, or I will make your internet life hell... You don't go

... NVM. I missed the 'Sad' tag before, so all is forgiven... Relatively, anyways. I still hate you! So what if there's a relatively happy ending for the human?! He's still got to WORK for it! What about poor Rares?! HUH?! RARES is stuff at home all alone again! So what if it's paradise?! It's not paradise if you're alone, ESPECIALLY when you're in love! If ANYTHING else, SHE deserves a happy ending! *Pouts*

p.p.s. Okay, I'm done ranting now. Serial, GREAT fic. I hate sad fics, but since I missed that tag, I can't blame you... Still, do you have plans for a sequel fop her, or JUST for the other characters? I'm not sure I can take reading another story that's just going to end like this one...

I'll be honest, it's not as good as My Little Dashie, but it's all right.

This story rocks. Nice job Mr.Author. :pinkiehappy:

116408 nice to know I'm not the only one burning the midnight oil to read this wonderful tale, I solute you fellow nocturnal brony.

116415 You are not alone my fellow brony :pinkiehappy:

I loved this story. Very well paced, not drawn out or pointless scenes and just enough romantic tension without it getting creepy 5 stars from me my friend

115738 Just gonna test:

Ponies in the Human World: Rarity and I
Ponies in the Human World: Rarity RIGHT!
Ponies in the Human World: I WRONG!
Ponies in the Human World: Me RIGHT!

So you're right, it should be Ponies in the Human World: Rarity and Me.

#27 · Jan 8th, 2012 · · ·

my face right now -> :fluttercry:

Dig

I willing to pay for a sequel.. THEY NEED TO SEE EACH OTHER AGAIN! :raritydespair:
But in all seriousness, I would. PWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZ :duck:

Suddenly like rarity a lot more too.

Anyways, this was brilliant. It was very nice to read.

:applecry::fluttershysad:Why won't you just make Rarity and this man get together?:fluttercry::pinkiesad2::raritydespair::raritycry::heart:

This story made me adore Rarity as a character. Why people no write Rarity like this?!
Gahhh! Sequels, they are required!:twilightangry2:

it'd be kinda cool to see Rarity's after words you like what happens when she got home.

125851
What do you mean hours? Are you thinking of the time rift between Earth and Equestria?
The story took place over fifteen Earth days. That time was equivalent to around an hour in Equestria.

126357
I apologize; I didn't know that comments were listed outside the context of individual chapters. I posted this after reading chapters 1 and 2, in which only a day or three had passed.

It's pretty awesome reading. I like the scene with piano.
So... are you gonna write about another one? Cause i'd really like to follow.

126429
I'm planning to write one for each of the mane 6 eventually

I have no word to describe how amazing this story is.
*insert me clapping here*

:raritycry: too much sadness...

T his is an epicly made story good work

Can't wait till you make one for the rest of the mane six. One down, 5 to go.



Random Quote: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYUP
- ----->:eeyup:<-----
^
l
l
l

This is the best my little dashie sequel sort of story ever!! I would love it if you made a sequel to that sequel SEQUELCEPTION. Kid but still or raritys after words ! Also someone said something about other mane 6 ones like this? Is their a pinkie one? If so link please? Anyway keep up the good work can't wait to see what you have in your magic box for us!

Not nearly the tearjerker that My Little Dashie was, but a fantastic story nonetheless.

Aru

Drud14 i wanna to thank you for such a nice story :rainbowkiss:
Tears where almost shed ;) You really need to write stories about the rest of ponies lost in our world ;)

Awww... That was a sweet story. :twilightblush:

so after this can we plz switch it up and just depict Pinkie Pie utterly ruining someone's life & career?

CDR

679228
Pinkie Pie, the fun loving party mare extrodinare, ruining someone's career AND life? Ruining said things would make said person sad, which would make Pinkie sad, but she would have to be ..... not so Pinkie not to.

691158
Americans are silly

691876 Indeed we can be. :derpytongue2:

This ending, while I have seen enough of it, was a good epilogue for this story. He managed to live on and find a good person to fall in love with afterwards, this totally reminds me of the story I read called "First Love" where I really wanted to the couple to get together in the end that I totally forgot what the title meant. This ending also reminds me of Forbidden Kingdom as well, when things go right for the main character after his adventure. Either way it was a nice story and I've gotten some good idea about writing Rarity

Login or register to comment