• Published 14th Mar 2013
  • 2,043 Views, 102 Comments

A Collection Of Geodesic One-Shots - GeodesicDragon



A bunch of single-chapter stories which may or not make sense. It all depends on how you look at them, I guess.

  • ...
19
 102
 2,043

PreviousChapters Next
[SoL S A] These Old Bones

The sound of the birds singing rouses me from my peaceful slumber, my eyes opening to a gloriously warm day.

Lifting my head skywards I watch the birds as they dart around the sky, their harmonious melodies filling my ears. I smile and slowly get up, the bones in my legs aching profusely, and then walk inside the house for a drink of water.

My thirst slaked, I leave the house and stand on the porch — the sound of hoofsteps coming up from behind me grabbing my attention. I slowly turn around, coming face to face with an orange coat and flowing blonde mane.

She acknowledges me with a smile and a nod and then, without so much as a word, motions for me to follow her. I follow her out into the orchard, silently thankful for the mares patience as she has to continuously stop in order for me to catch up.

As I walk, I take a look around at the orchard and allow fond memories of a life spent here in relative harmony. I was born on this farm, and have lived long enough to see it flourish.

Author's Note:

The idea for this was to make the reader think the story was being told from Granny Smith's point of view, only to reveal at the end it was actually Winona.

But I couldn't figure out how to do that without giving the game away too early, so I abandoned the story at this point.

PreviousChapters Next