• Published 4th Feb 2012
  • 2,101 Views, 19 Comments

The Dark and Light Within - mdonnelly



A human awakens in Ponyville and reveals dark mysteries of murder, crime and death.

  • ...
1
 19
 2,101

Finding the Pieces to the puzzle

It is midday and in the kitchen there is Applejack and Big Mac sitting at the table.

“Big Mac, what’s on yer’ mind?” Applejack asked.

“Its, ya know?” Big Mac said nudging his head at the stairs.

“Oh…yea. What about it?”

“He said that doctor can get him home.”

“That’s good, ain’t it?”

“Yea, but we began talkin.” Big Mac paused “I think somthin happened to him, or his family.”

“What? What happened?” Applejack asked in shock.

“I donno, but he was mighty sad. Gonna cry I recon.”

They both just looked at the stairs trying to listen for a noise, but there were no sound. Suddenly a loud nock came from the door, spooking them both.

“Now who could that be?” Big Mac asked walking to the door.

He opened the door, and there was the Doctor.

“Hello. Um, is the human here?” the Doctor asked looking around.

“The what? questioned Applejack and Big Mac in unison.

“The human. Sorry, I mean Jason.” The Doctor answered them.

“What’s this about?” asked Applejack.

“I’m here to take him back home. Now where is he?” responded the Doctor.

“I’ll get’em.” Applejack answered, galloping up the stairs.

She reached the door and no sound was coming from behind it. She nervously opened the door, expecting to see Jason inside. She slowly started to step inside looking around for him. Back in the kitchen Big Mac and the Doctor started to talk.

“How’d ya suppose yer gonna bring him back?” questioned Big Mac.

“You see I have a machine that can take him home, where he belongs.” answered the Doctor.

“Don’t suppose I could see that them there machine, do ya?” wondered Big Mac.

Applejack came thundering down the steps.

“He’s gone!” yelled Applejack.

“What?” responded Big Mac and the Doctor.

“The window was open, an I didn’t see em.” Applejack said panicking.

“We got to find him!” shouted the Doctor.

Apple Bloom came into the kitchen from the other room, wondering what the ruckus was.

“What’s going on in here?” Apple Bloom asked “Yer all gonna wake Granny.”

“Jason’s gone missin.” replied Applejack.

“No he ain’t, I just saw him.” responded Apple Bloom.

“Where is he?” asked the Doctor.

“The same spot we found em yesterday.” answered Apple Bloom, walking back into the other room.

“Let’s go.” said Big Mac, leading them to the spot.

The three ponies, galloping past tree after tree, saw a figure. It got more detailed with every hoof step. Finally they reached it. Jason was crouching near the ground looking at something.

“What ya suppose yer doin?” asked Applejack.

“Shhh!” answered Jason.

“Hey, I w-” Applejack began.

“SHH!” snapped Jason, quickly silencing her.

“Jason, what are you looking at?” asked the Doctor.

“Does anyone know what shh means quiet?” Jason yelled at them.

They all grew quiet. Jason was tracking at his bloodstain on the grass. The dry blood was stretching further than it originally seemed. Jason got up, walking towards the fence. On the walk over, Jason kept looking at the ground, until one spot. Measuring a meter away from the fence, Jason crouched again, examining the ground once more. Some of the dirt was ripped up. He got up after a few seconds and started looking at the fence. The fence was slightly tilting inward, with a small scuff at the top.

“Got it!” Jason called out, shocking the group.

“What is it?” asked the Doctor.

“I was chasing someone and jumped over the fence, hitting my foot.” Jason continued explaining, “I can’t jump the highest, so I know when I hit something while jumping.”

“So, what does that mean?” asked Applejack.

“It means I fell right here.” Jason answered pointing at the ground. “Then I got hit in the head with something and dragged to the spot I was found.” he continued.


“Ok, who did it?” asked the Doctor.

“I don’t know. But why was I chasing em…” Jason thought for a second, “And why did e take my bag?”

They all thought about the situation while walking back to the house. They took every step in silence as the sun began to set. Finally upon reaching the house the Doctor said something.

“Jason, it’s time to go. I got it working.”

He held out a hoof towards the phone booth. Jason had no answer, just began walking towards it deep in thought.

“Ready?” asked the Doctor.

“What? Oh yea, bye.” Jason responded too deep in thought to pay attention to what he was agreeing to.

They both stepped in closing the door. The machine made a few noises but stayed where it was.

“I think that doctor there is a few apples short of a bushel.” said Applejack.

“Eyeup” responded Big Mac.

The Doctor and Jason stepped out of the phone booth.

“Ok, here we are!” shouted the Doctor “Wait! What happened?” he asked looking around, “Why aren’t you working?” he yelled hitting the machine.

Jason just stood there in thought, oblivious to what was going on.

“See, what I tell ya.” Applejack whispered nudging at Big Mac.

“What! Is he not supposed to-” the Doctor stopped yelling and hitting the machine to think.

He grabbed Jason by both shoulders and shook him.

“I got it!” the Doctor yelled at him.

“Got what?” Jason asked terrified.

“You’re not supposed to go back!”

“What?”

“That’s why the TARDIS isn’t working!”

“The what?”

“The phone booth!”

The Doctor let go of the terrified human and pointed at him. Jason fell onto his back and cringed terrified of the mad pony.

“Now, you must find out why it’s keeping you here! Only you can find the answer!” the Doctor shouted at Jason.

The Doctor proceeded to enter the phone booth. The machine made a few noises and then this time teleported. Jason and the two ponies looked at each other in shock after what they just witnessed.

“Umm…anyone else think it’s time for bed?” asked Jason.

“Eyeup” answered Big Mac.

Jason went straight to the room he had been staying in, taking an apple on the way up. The apple became devoured in a second and soon turned into a part of the trash. Jason laid on the bed just thinking of the events that occurred today.

“Who are you and why did you take my bag?” he asked as he fell asleep.