• Published 4th Apr 2013
  • 29,798 Views, 2,809 Comments

Metroid Equis - Flammenwerfer



A meteor impacts the nation of Equestria, Planet Equis. Tranquility is quickly snuffed out when a poison begins to spread violently. The Princesses cannot combat this unknown threat, as no knowledge of it exists. Help comes from an unexpected source.

  • ...
57
 2,809
 29,798

PreviousChapters
Mission Complete

"Why is it always this irritating to set up a picture of all of us??"

"Just pose or something, Samus!"

"Ugh, fine. How's... this."

"You look pissed off."

"Doesn't matter! It's perfect! Timer's going in three... two... one..."

Mission Accomplished!



Your rate for collecting items is:



100%




Thank you for reading!

See You Next Mission!

Author's Note:

READ THIS AUTHOR'S NOTE

*Slams smoking pen onto desk dramatically and drops mic*

Well guys... that was it. About two years and three months later, Metroid Equis is finally done!

Wow... it's really an interesting feeling marking this story complete, that's for sure. I sincerely hoped those of you who stuck with me enjoyed the ride the entire time! Now, onto some business:

1) Quite a few of you have expressed the desire for a sequel... also quite a few of you don't follow me so naturally you have no incentive to check my blog posts. So... linking to the first blog formally announcing it, I'm 'technically' officially announcing Metroid Equis II: Duality. It's due sometime in the next month or two as I plan things out with my trusty editors. Hope it lives up to its potential hype! If you feel so inclined, click to follow me and you'll know EXACTLY when Equis II will drop. Feel free to ask me any questions!

EDIT: Sequel is already here!

2) So, a few of you may also be wondering what the HELL happened with Fluttershy... well, that's important for Equis II, that's for sure, but what about what happens when Samus is gone? Well, that's up for Tatsurou to decide in his yet to be/about to be published work Equis: Interlude! If you're reading this barely after reading the just-published chapter, you'll see that the story requires a password, because it's not published yet. When it does drop though, you'll find it there, as well as in the new stories list... and we may very well find it in the Featured Box as well! So be on the lookout for that! We don't wanna miss Fluttershy raising a METROID do we?

And, that's pretty much it! For those of you that follow my other works, I'll be seeing you there, and if you have any other questions, feel free to sound off below. As well, if you also feel so inclined, feel free to leave your final comments about the story as a whole, as I'd love to hear your thoughts having FINISHED this with me. Also, you may PM me anytime for any reason!

Thank you for all the magic guys! Those of you who do not feel like continuing, thanks for reading, and see you around! For those that do, I'll be seeing you real soon!

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 145 )

Flammenwerfer, guess what i was doing when you just posted this update.

6123970 HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAA Well you better backtrack, son, don't skip to the end!

It's been a hell of a ride, ladies and gents. I know I joined Team Flammen relatively late in the run, but I hope I've made an impact during my brief time. Now, I will be coming out swinging from the jump for Duality, so don't think my involvement's over.

Let's keep the train rolling, and remember that the end of one story is oft but the beginning of another.

Until next time.

Just going to let everyone who's interested know...the first chapter of Equis: Interlude will be written on Wednesday, the 24th. Once it's written, I'll submit the story for publishing, and you should have it to read soon after.

Absolutely brilliant my friend and eagerly await Duality and you better believe I'm reading the Equiss: Interlude Tatsurou (cause reading everything else you have is so fun!).

Additionally.... *steals smoking pen and runs!*

You are a horrible person, making me cry so much. I can't even see through my glasses, they're so wet. Honestly...
The sequel can't come quickly enough. I'll be waiting.

6123990 I didnt skip to the end bud, i posted it on the story page lol.

Uggh, man, 2 years. and a great story for those 2 years man. and now that this story is complete, is there any chance we could get this converted into an E-Book?

6123990 And i was actually playing Metroid Prime:Trilogy, seeing that the ending was coming soon, it put me on a Metroid rush and i had to play it again.

Seriously, we never found out what the HELL those unknown objects were that Samus picked up in the tomb of Luna and Tia's father. The ones that she immediately lost after losing to those Alicorn spirits. Also, there is a LOT of Alicorn/Chozo tech still left in those ruins. The artillery guns on the wall of starfall fortress for one thing. Seriously, that stuff could really jump start the process of upgrading the Equestrian Military. Get some teams out there, Tia. Repair and reuse what ya can and salvage what you can't.

6124210 I haven't forgotten about the unknown item. It still plays a use, don't you worry.

And I like the way you think. You're already sprinting miles ahead :raritywink:

6124210 Hmm... i knew there was something that was lingering in the back of my mind with questions about stuff i had somewhat forgotten... hmmmmmm.......

6124173 you can download an ebook version (epub) directly from the site if thats what your looking for

Damn, the password isn't 1234... :rainbowkiss:

6124245 Oh i know about that, but the problem with it is that it will often have missing pages and some times, although rarely, entire missing chapters :(

I look forward to the next mission.

Poor Samus though. Between the crapstorm she just flew off to, and the crapstorm that happens throughout Fusion, she's gonna need a lot of FRIENDSHIP.

6124317 No, the Space Pirates brought Metroids with them, remember the Crashed Frigate? The Space Pirates breed and harvest metroids for energy.

Some also happened to be in the impact crater as well.

there is a metroid/mlp crossover that is apparently very good and i was not informed of this WHY? internet, you have let me down

6124332 Hahaha hopefully you'll still feel that way when you start reading it :twilightsheepish:

I usually don't like to comment on stories, but I wanted to tell you that I really enjoyed reading yours. :twilightsmile:

Good luck on the sequal!

I am so glad I found this story over a year ago, and I am ultimately also glad I read to the end. I mean, I'm like the biggest Metroid fan out of everyone I know personally, what was I gonna do, not read this?

I could not be more hardcore waiting for the interlude AND the sequel. Especially with that plot-twist ending!

I commend you, werfer of flammen! Keep up the fantastic work.

6124737 That's pretty much right. I take the average pony to be anywhere between 3.7 to 4 feet tall from front hoof to top of head.

6124801 If you want extra chills, since Flammen and I agreed that it didn't quite fit in the chapter, read the poem "High Flight," by John Gillespie Magee.

This has been one hell of a story and you are one hell of an author. Everything has been amazing and I can't wait to see what you do with the sequel. :pinkiehappy:

on one side im sad to see this story end but on the other im overjoyed that there will be a sequel. it has been a very entertaining ride and am looking forward to more. I, along with many others, will be waiting for the next mission and will respond with haste once the details have been finalized. So we'll see you then:twilightsmile:

Well, that's up for Tatsurou to decide in his yet to be/about to be published work Equis: Interlude!

Well, that's up for Tatsurou to decide

Tatsurou

That name, it sounds familiar...

*checks written stories, sees piles of crossovers, a fair chunk of which are on my favorites list*

...I'm not sure whether to freak out because he's amazing at crossovers, or to freak out because he's somehow taking on ANOTHER STORY.

Now now, you can't have the picture of Samus in her Zero Suit yet; that wasn't the speed run!

Then again, the Prime games typically went with 100% completion instead of time, so I guess I can forgive you.

Seriously though, it's beyond fantastic. You managed to stay in character and in canon with both series throughout the story. You even fit it in the timeline quite nicely! I can't wait to read the sequel.

6124261
Now I have to change the combination on my luggage.

I love you and I love this story

Nice group photo, though if Fluttershy is supposed to be embarrassed I would have rather had her peeking out from behind Samus.

6124421 oh well the only metroid game I have is other m which is so disappointing so I wouldnt know much on that subject

One of my absolute favorite stories on this site. It's been quite a ride and I look forward to the sequel.
Hopefully Samus can tolerate this Federation Force while she waits for her next true adventure to begin! After this whole Corruption deal, Equestria will gladly welcome the Return of Samus! It'll be quite the Super occasion! And that title? I wonder what kind of Fusion that will bring. ...What Other Mission? I have no idea what you're talking about!
Okay, I'll stop before I get a Blast Ball to the face.

6124349 I don't usually comment on stories, but when I do....:moustache:

6125584 oooh, you have HK droids? 47, 50, or 51?

You can bet that I'll join you next mission!:pinkiehappy: I wouldn't miss that for a brand new gunship! Also on the not of Metroid Equis II, do you think you could include a few more side characters? Like Lyra, or if you feel like messing around bit, Fluffle Puff?:trixieshiftright: I've been reading /following this story since around chapter 18, even if I first encountered it on fanfiction.net.:twilightsmile: Good job:yay:, and I hope you can get Metroid Equis II out soon!:pinkiehappy:

This was a truly badass story from start to finish. Looking forward to the sequel
Edit: Did you do the picture yourself, or did you commission it?

6126994 glad you enjoyed it! And I edited the picture myself, yes. More like I put it together myself. The ponies and Samus, no, of course I didn't draw them but I found all the images on bing and just strapped them together in that way

6127050

> bing
> 2015
> not using Google search master race
> being this basic

6127447
>did tests
>almost 100% same search results on same page
>better image view
>better video search (ideal for pr0n)
>four letters to type instead of six

>git gud fgt

6127703
> thinking Bing is still relevant
> still being this basic

6127829 It's the Prime III gunship

6125881 It's a heavy consideration to include, say, Octavia and Lyra, but with eight+ other OCs I also need to manage on top of the Mane Six and the main characters, the cast is already QUITE large. I'm still thinking about it though.

6127946 It's ok, you don't have to. It IS your story, after all:pinkiehappy:. But maybe you could write an extra chapter (perhaps a connected one shot?:applejackunsure:) including Fluffle Puff and Samus? (P.S:The "d'aaawwwww..." was too much to resist, I couldn't help but ask!:pinkiecrazy:)(P.P.S: :yay:Rainbows!)

6128620 they pretty much were unless you go back way to the whole CHOZO EMPIRE. It was merely a passing comment of her needing a drink, not really of one who systematically parties all night. I guarantee you she's downed a few bottles in between missions

Good sir.
This story was nigh perfection.
I look forward to Duality.
Have all of the mustaches.
:moustache:*∞

*salutes* A great end to a great story, and I must say I'm going to miss seeing updates for it. However, I do see that there will be a sequel and I am very excited for it.

Also, I agree with this motherfucker:
6128668
Fluffle Puff. Fucking Fluffle Puff. I would LOVE to see even just one chapter with our ruthless bounty hunter encountering and interacting with this...PINK FLUFFBALL THING.

<3 DarqFox

you know, it feels good moving a story from "incomplete favorites" to completed

6132189 I'm referring to the joke that in almost every metroid game, every one of her missions are given to her by the federation.

6131688 That was Flammen's goal, to elicit that sort of reaction. He will be pleased to know he's going the right way.

So when is the Post Fusion story happening? Because Samus seems real busy until then.

Login or register to comment