• Published 11th Sep 2013
  • 519 Views, 3 Comments

Ponyville Friendship Letters - destinedjagold



It seems that everypony in Ponyville are now given a chance to write a friendship report to either the Princess of the Sun or the Princess of Friendship. Hey, everypony learns something new, if not everyday, then every other day?

  • ...
1
 3
 519

Friendship Report By Apple Bloom

Howdy there princess,

This is Apple Bloom, and I came here to write to you about the lesson I learned about friendship.

Y'see, back at the barn, I'm helping with my big sister and big brother in doing some farm work. Anyway, I didn't realize the time we spent in the farm until Granny called us back for lunch. As the three of us trotted back to the barn, my two bestest friends came. After we greeted each other, Applejack invited them to join them for lunch, just as long as we don't break or burn anything.

Sheesh, it sounded like she didn't trust us. She's so insensitive sometimes, and even Big Mac, who agreed to her!

Anyway, lunch was spent with small talks and laughs, and a broken plate. After that, Applejack allowed me to go with my two friends so we could go crusading! We went to the clubhouse and did some planning, but after an hour, we came up with nothing.

Frustrated, I leaned by the window and tried to think of something we could do. Then, my big brother trotted by the trees near our clubhouse, and sat by the tree, his back rested on the grass. I didn't even realize that both Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo were already beside me, trying to see what I was looking at.

Curiosity got the better of us, so we decided to ask Big Mac what he was doing. We sat beside him and he greeted us. We asked him what's up and he said that he was just relaxing, and enjoying the cool breeze, the tickling grass on his back, and just enjoying life as it is.

The three of us looked at each other though. I guess at that time, none of us understood what he meant. I still don't know, even now as Spike writes this, but anyway...

Big Mac just chuckled and told us that we'll understand what he meant when we grow up. He sighed, and I suddenly felt lazy and just lie on the grass as well. And so I did. And then my two friends lied beside me.

We just stared at the slowly dancing leaves, sunlight poking through the many gaps on the sea of leaves. The cool air was really...cool...and refreshing. Next thing I knew, I felt so...relaxed...calm...and nothing was on my mind. And I think I even had a small smile on my face.

Sweetie Belle suddenly giggled, and she said that the grass on her back was tickling her. We gave her an amused roll of our eyes, and then Applejack came by, and joined us. She lied beside our brother, and then we started having some small talk.

It started with some little things about how was school going. My friends and I shared with them our little boring adventures at school, about Miss Cheerilee, about those two annoying bullies who kept on bullying us, and some of our other friends there.

Big Mac suddenly told us to go and talk to Diamond's and Silver's parents about being bullied. Applejack tried to reason with him, but in the end, she ended up agreeing that something must be done. The three of us didn't protest though. We thought that life would be so much easier without the two of them constantly bullying us.

...But after I looked at my friends eyes, I knew that they won't stop bullying us. Aw well. I grabbed their hooves and gave them a small smile. Whatever happens, as long as the three of us stick together, not even those bullies could stop us from anything!

Later, Miss Rainbow Dash arrived, and lied down beside Scootaloo. She just finished her work in the weather team, and was trying to find Scootaloo before she went napping. She then gave us a small little story of how her day went. She said something about that cranky old donkey complaining that he wanted some thin clouds above his house so his freshly planted flowers in his garden wont dry up. She wasn't in the mood for arguing, so she just thinned some clouds, left it there, and flew on her way.

I don't think the girls and I have met that donkey yet. It's probably good to pay him a visit though. Who knows? Maybe he could help us find our cutie marks. I looked at my two friends again, and from their eyes, and their smiles, I already saw that a plan is set, but we were so comfortable right now, so we'll probably go on crusading later or tomorrow.

We kept on sharing some stories that we didn't realize the time. The sun was about to set when Miss Rarity arrived and chuckled at our little resting place. Her friends teased her that a lady shouldn't be inside a dirty old farm, but she surprised us when she lied down on her back next to Sweetie Belle.

Then she shared with us a story of an annoying customer that she dealt with earlier today, saying that she wanted to have emeralds lined on edges of a green gown...and some stuff that none of us understood. We listened, and we chuckled at some choice of words that she said. I could say that she really complains a lot, and endured a lot. She ended the story of asking Spike to go with her to collect some gems, and she manages to finish the dress, and then went out to find Sweetie Belle.

After that, we talked some more until the sun was almost gone. We said our goodbyes and went to our homes. We ran out of cooking oil, so I volunteered to go to town and buy some in the market. And before I went back home, I came by in your library to write to you this friendship report.

I guess what I'm trying to report about is that it's really great to spend some time relaxing and enjoying the company of our friends and families. It may not have earned us our cutie marks, but it felt really nice to have some quality time with them.

I guess that's all I wanted to share. It's getting pretty late, and Applejack and Big Mac might wonder what's taking me so long. Anyway, have fun in Canterlot, Twilight! Hope to see you soon!

Your little friend,

Apple Bloom


Dear Twilight,

Before Apple Bloom left, she invited me to join them tomorrow on their cutie mark crusade with Cranky. Meh, I got nothing else to do anyway, and Owlowiscious can watch the library while I'm gone anyway.

Your faithful assistant,

Spike.