• Published 25th Jan 2014
  • 349 Views, 2 Comments

Wings that wont return - dimitri_dm



When a well known pony makes a move, memories came into action. The story of Derpy Hooves, and the trouble she is in.

  • ...
 2
 349

4 Thundering Truths

The night lasted long, as the storm was still going on. Because of the storm, Derpy wasn’t able to rest, as the storm was keeping her awake on its best.

"This storm. It's strange, I haven't seen a storm before that lasted this long. It makes me worry as I'm not sure what in Equestrian is going on." Sherrill spoke out with a yawn. Even she wasn't able to get her rest. But she felt something strange, something hurting over again in her chest..

Storms like this rarely take place. But this wasn't the first long during storm which Derpy had to face. But most ponies would've been warned before. As pegasi would go around Ponyvile, from door to door. But Derpy didn't know a single thing about what was happening today, and Sherrill also seemed confused, and also she had nothing else to say.

Sherrill once more let out a loud and irritated sigh. She cursed to herself and then noticed the sound of a pony, a pony who was starting to cry.

"Derpy? Is everything alright?" Sherrill used her magic and turned on the light.

Derpy looked up, her hooves covering her eyes, she was about to speak, but was interrupted by a bright light, followed by a load cracking sound. This caused both, Derpy and Sherrill to jump, which made Derpy to fall back, and onto the ground.

Sherrill saw it happening, but her magic was too slow to catch her fall, but Derpy quickly recovered, and was still able to stand up tall. “Sherrill?” Derpy asked, in a shy tone.

“Don’t worry Derpy.” She replied. “You aren’t alone.”

“No.” Derpy answered with a worried expression on her face. “Do you know how I ended up here? Like, in this place?”

Sherrill looked back with confusion, not really understanding the current situation, nor able to respond to that question. She could only think it had to do with a lot of frustration.

“I might kno…” Sherrill wanted to say but got interrupted by Derpy which said: “All the moments, and the paths that were laid. It’s all combined to one specific answer, but I don’t know where it is, as it can be on a big mountain or deep under water. I couldn’t face it anymore, nor was I able to just let it go, as it’s something you just can’t ignore. I was assigned to do a simple task. To deliver mail, and there was nothing else that I had to ask. But not everypony liked my job, they called me useless, and a workless slob.”

“But Derpy.” Sherrill finally said. “That can’t be the reason why you don’t want to life, that can’t be the reason why you want to face the dead.”

“No it wasn’t.” Derpy replied with a sigh. She set down next to Sherrill and continued with her story.

“You see, these weren’t the things from which I had to be sorry. For the last weeks, I’ve been trying my best to make things better. Make things different, and trying to act in a good matter.”

Derpy took in a deep breath and slowly let it out. And for a split second she thought she heard a weird sounding shout. Sherrill still listening, not saying a word, or making a sound. She only started looking up and around.

“It’s been extremely hard for the last week.” Derpy continued and again started to speak. “It was the others who interrupted my way, they started ignoring me, they didn’t wanted to speak to me nor did they want to play. I didn’t knew why, or what I had done. And that is where I started to run. Not wanting to be part of the others anymore, but for some reason, I could think of thinks, thinks I’ve never seen or done before. And those memories didn’t go away, that was the moment I felt it burning, and I didn’t wanted to continue, I didn’t wanted to stay.”

Derpy shoved some tears from her eyes, and started looking down. She even ignred the light and noise from a loud and thundering sound.

Sherrill gave Derpy a nudge and then a hub. “Don’t think about it Derpy, just think of it as a small tiny bug.” Derpy moved back, away from Sherrill’s embrace. She wiped away her tears, and showed a tiny looking smile on her face.

“Sherrill, I don’t know what would’ve happened if you didn’t safe my live. I probably wasn’t able to make it nor was I able to survive.”

Sherrill put a hoof on Derpy’s mouth, and gave a sign to calm herself down. “It’s ok Derpy, just don’t think of it. You just need rest, not thinking of the past, and calm yourself down.”

They noticed outside, that the storm has faced away. “See.” Sherrill said with a smile. “Everything will be fine, It’s all going to be okay.”

Derpy nodded in agreement and moved back to her bed. And goodnight was the last thing which was said.