• Published 6th Apr 2014
  • 702 Views, 7 Comments

Something Remembered - ThePrinceOfTheNorth



Fate never felt like she belonged, and there was a particularly good reason as to why...

  • ...
11
 7
 702

Chapter 4: Changelings, Changelings Everywhere

Chapter 4: Changelings, Changeling Everywhere

Captain Flynn was once again at his monitor at Solstice Radar Control. The Prince had left on the train for Canterlot hours ago, so that left the city without much to do.

Suddenly, a blip appeared on the radar, whcih was focused on a wide-sweep angle of the Canterlot area. The scanner was curretnly set to detect Changelings, but not ones known to be non-hostile like Midnight Blue or Fate. The blip appeared again, but this time there were..two?

Captian Flynn watched as more and more blips appeared on the radar screen, all moving in one direction and only one. He put on his headset faster than he had the last time, almost breaking it it half. "Captain Flynn to any Royal Honor Guards, respond immediately! This is an emergency!"

"What seems to be the emergency," asked Captain Stormcry, who was on the train with Princess Luna and Prince Winter, "Whatever it is, be quick. We're pulling into Canterlot Station."

"Code Black, I say again, Code Black," exclaimed Flynn throught the headset.

"No," said Stormcry in dismay, "No, no, it..it can't be.."

"IT IS," screamed Flynn, "THE CHANGELING ARE MOVING ON CANTERLOT!"

"Calm down," Stormcry said after he himself calmed down, "How many?"

Flynn looked back to the radar screen to check, and what he saw horrified him.

"Flynn, how many," yelled Stormcry.

Flynn came out of his daze just long enough to tell Stormcry how many. "The entire screen's just one...big...blip."

~~~~~~~~~~

Two hours ago, in the Badlands...

Queen Chrysalis was busy thinking about how she would take Canterlot next time when one her free-minded drones burst in. "My Queen! My Queen! I have terrible but wonderful news!"

This actually piqued Chrysalis' curiosity, as the drones never brought her good news. "Spit it out, drone. I don't have all day to listen to you."

"My Queen," the drone began, "Our spies have spotted your rival, My Queen."

Chrysalis had not actually been paying much attention, but now was. "My rival? Which rival? Celestia? That Twilight Sparkle? ANSWER!

"Neither, My Queen," said the drone, causing Chrysalis to snort at the drone, "Yor rival, Queen Fate."

All emotion except those of hate drained from her face. "Where," she growled.

"Near Canterlot, My Queen," said the drone.

Chrysalis though for no more than a second before she responded. "PREPARE MY ARMIES! CANTERLOT WILL KNOW THE TRUE STRENGTH OF QUEEN CHRYSALIS! WE HAVE HIDDEN LONG ENOUGH!"

Present Time, Elegance's Barracks...

Twilight's spell had worked quite well, and almost all of Fate's bones were completely healed, though she had to be careful with a few of them.

"Thank you, Princess," Fate said with a bow, "I am forever in your debt."

"It's no big deal," said Twilight, "I do stuff like this all the time."

"Yes, you do," Twilight said, "But never for a stranger such as myself. I must admire your bravery in helping me, not knowing if I woulf or wouldn't replace you."

"I just had a feeling," Twilight said, "And besides, Elegance would've protected me, right?"

He nodded. "Fate my be my special somepony, but duty will always come first."

"Right! Wait, special somepony," said Twilight, now confused, "How do you two know each other? Becasue there's no way a regular unicorn could live five hundred years."

"I see you do your homework," Fate said before turing to Elegance, "I still am?"

"Always and forever," he said as he spread his wings.

Twilight was left in awe at the pony before her. He was an alicorn of legend who had helped save Equestria on many occasions, but had disappeared at around the same time...the same time that Queen Fate had.

"You..you're Flash of Gold, aren't you," exclaimed Twilight.

"Maybe once," Elegance said, "But now I'm just plain old Elegance White, Captain of the Canterlot Guard," he stopped to as Fate nuzzled him, "And madly in love with a Changeling Queen."

Twilight was about to say something when there was a lound explosion and sound of crumbling rock from outside. The three quickly galloped out to seen an army of Changelings, the likes of which had not beem seen since Fate's horde had been destroyed.

Queen Chrysalis was mounting her final assault on Canterlot in a do-or-die effort to kill every single one of her rivals.

This was it.

Do or die time.