• Published 5th Aug 2014
  • 796 Views, 7 Comments

A Changeling in Manehattan - ChangelingOblivia



A young Changeling finds herself stranded in the city of Manehattan and has to survive without the comfort of a queen or relatives.

  • ...
4
 7
 796

A trip to Ponyville

Oblivia has taken Rarity's request to heart and has left for Ponyville for a few days. Upon arrival, she's met by none other than Pinkie Pie, who almost literally drags her into a party that seemed planned in advance.

"Welcome to Ponyville!" the pink pony exclaims happily.

"Uhm, I'm only staying for a few days, I have no intent on staying here..." Oblivia replies, lightly startled.

"Of course, of course! But that doesn't mean you don't deserve a Welcome-to-Ponyville-party!"

Oblivia's quickly pulled aside by a cyan pegasus with a rainbow mane and tail.

"Listen here. I know Celestia and Rarity said you can be trusted, but at the slightest hint of trouble, I'll personally throw you back to Manehattan!" Rainbow Dash exclaims.

Wow, and she's supposed to be the element of loyalty? Sounds like honesty fits her more.

"Don't worry, miss Dash. I've been raised by ponies, I will never even consider harming them unless it is to defend myself."

The pegasus gives a doubtful look and then flies off. Oblivia sneaks away from the party and heads to the large tree castle, where the princess of friendship awaits eagerly.

Once inside, Oblivia meets the rest of the cast. Fluttershy, Applejack and Rarity. Rarity gives her a modest wave with her hoof while Twilight closes the door behind the Changeling.

"A pleasure to meet you, Oblivia." the Alicorn princess says as she motions her to sit down.

"The pleasure is mine, your highness. Your friend Rarity told me you're studying Changelings?"

Twilight smiles, "Yes, I do study them. Since they're living all over Equestria now, I've got lots to study. But you're the first of a different kind. You wouldn't mind me doing some experiments on you, right?"

Oblivia allows the experiments as long as Twilight can guarantee her safety.
After a few hours, the Changeling is sore all over, but completely unharmed. She thanks the ponies for their time and heads back home. When she arrives, she takes a hot bath and lets her sore body relax. It's not until somewhere in the evening when she discovers a letter on the dining table. She picks it up and reads:

Dearest Oblivia,
Your time among these ponies is up. Return home immediately or we will come and take you by force.
You can not hide from us. We will find you. Return to your home at once and we'll consider your life.
Queen Tetria

Shocked, Oblivia dashes off to Canterlot, just slightly below Rainboom capacity. When she arrives, she explains the situation to the princesses, who decide to have her house guarded at all times and that no pony or Changeling is allowed inside the house and that those who wish to enter will be required to drink a magic-weakening potion, including Oblivia.