• Published 7th Jun 2012
  • 737 Views, 7 Comments

Epic Quest - dorianator



When a colt finds himself with no trace of identity, he meets a few friends and becomes a hero.

  • ...
4
 7
 737

Eggs And Toast

I wake up once more, groggy, but rested nonetheless. I pull off the covers and sit up with a sigh as I stretch my body in the sunlight. Wait, covers?

"Didn't I fall asleep on a...couch?" So I can talk now. That's good.

"Yes, you did." replied a familiar voice from the entrance of the room. In the doorway of what seems like a guest bedroom stood Twilight Sparkle, the unicorn who helped me when I was unconscious in that field. I'm still not sure why I was out there, but I was, and she was kind enough to help me out. "Glad to see you're awake! Spike and I took the liberty of moving you to the guest bedroom. You were out for quite a while. We thought you were sick, so we had Nurse Redhea-"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," I interrupted, "this is all going by a little fast for me. Uh, not to sound impolite, but could I have a moment?"

"Sure thing!" she replied cheerily. "It's just that you've been asleep so long and I thought you might need some food, so I had Spike prepare some breakfast for you. Not to mention my friends are dying to meet you"

"Wait, exactly how long was I out?" "Oh, just a couple of days." Twilight replied. "My friends were all wondering who you were and why you were here. I think they got the wrong idea at first, but I cleared everything up."

"I was asleep for THAT LONG!?!?" I asked in shock. "Well, yeah. Nurse Redheart said you had some kind of fever. The best thing was to try and keep your temperature from rising."

"Whoa. Well, I guess it would only make sense to find something for breakfast!" I beamed. My sudden change of mood seemed to have caught Twilight off guard. "So, what's on the menu?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I followed Twilight out the room and down the stairs until we came to the living room once more. I never got a good look at it before, but it looks very nice when I don't feel like I was just hit by a train. "SPIKE!!" Twilight yelled into the kitchen. "Is breakfast ready yet?" "Not yet!" replied the voice of a young male. "Just be patient! Good breakfast takes time!"

"Well our guest has been asleep for two days without food or water!" Twilight reminded her friend. This only made my hunger and thirst seem worse than it already was.

"Well do you want rushed breakfast or GOOD breakfast?"

"I'm fine, really!" I laughed. "I can wait a few more minutes, it's fine!"

"Well, if you say so..." Twilight sighed. "By the way, you still haven't told me your name. If you don't mind me asking, what is it?"

"Oh, my name? Well, it's...uh, it's Nathan..." I managed to say. It was strange, really. I couldn't remember anything before I woke up today. Now I know my name and anything I could need to know. Like common sense things. Walking, talking, stuff like that. "Uh, is something the matter?" Twilight asked, cocking an eyebrow. "Oh, it's nothing..." I replied, snapping out of my little thought trance.

I glanced around the library, looking for something that might change the subject until my eye caught a polished, aqua-colored sphere in a glass display case, along with all sorts of other interesting artifacts. It had a kind of shimmer that made it look like a pearl, but everything about it made it seem like a stone. "Hey!" I exclaimed, pointing a hoof at the stone across the room. "What's that thing?" I trotted over to the display case and got a closer look at the stone. It had a mysterious aura to it and seemed to be emitting a slight purple glow.

"Whoa..." I uttered. "I'm not exactly sure WHAT that thing is." Twilight replied. "I got it from Princess Celestia. She said it was found at the bottom of a lake, given to her by a group of scuba diving ponies. It makes a nice addition to a library though doesn't it?"

"Yes..." I whispered, staring at it intently. "...very...library-ey..."

Just then, a small purple-and-green dragon emerged from the kitchen wearing a frilly cooking apron. "Okay everypony!" he shouted. "Breakfast is ready!"

I snickered a bit, which caught his attention. He looked at me and immediately recognized me. "Hey, you must be our guest!" the dragon exclaimed. "Uh, what's so funny?" He asked. He actually seemed confused.

"It's -snicker- what you're wearing!" I replied.

"Oh!" he cried. He quickly whipped off the apron and hid it behind his back, blushing.

"Oh, I-I'm sorry!" I apologized, recomposing myself. "I, uh, didn't mean to embarrass you! Uh, you must be Spike!"

"That's right!" Spike replied, puffing out his chest. "Spike the Dragon, Number One Assistant of Twilight Sparkle, at your service!"

"Okay, that's enough, Spike." Twilight interrupted. "Spike this is Nathan."

"Nice to meet you Spike!" I said, offering to shake his claw.

"Um, that's nice and all," Spike replied, accepting my offer, "but if we just stand around talking, our breakfast is gonna go cold..."

"Oh that's right!" I remembered. "Time for some food!"

I trotted into the kitchen for a delicious breakfast of eggs and toast with a glass of milk.

"Wow!" I said, my mouth watering. "This looks delicious!"

"Well looks can be deceiving!" Twilight joked.

"Haha, very funny..." Spike replied sarcastically.

"So?" I spoke up. "What are we waiting for? Let's dig in!"

_______________________________________________________________________

So there's the first official chapter for you guys! Please comment and like (it'll help me out a lot)! Constructive criticism is encouraged. Since I AM new at this, all it can do is help me out, right? Anyway, until next time, I'll be waiting for you guys! See ya!