• Published 9th Aug 2012
  • 1,671 Views, 43 Comments

Backwards: A Not so Element of Kindness - chewyrainbow



short story, Rainbow and Fluttershy, few Bff find something unwanted

  • ...
11
 43
 1,671

Waking, again.....

The room was silent, well, almost silent...Rainbow Dash had been pushed to the limit, where the slightest noise would drop her into terror. Her eyes shot open to see the ceiling of the same room she had been kept into for about a week now...She didn't have reasoning to keep track of time, time meant nothing to her, all she wanted was to get her friends back, and be free of this horror story.

She was greeted with the uneven dripping sound, coming from inside the room. Her mind swirled at all the thoughts of what it could possibly be...Blood dripping from another dead friend, water being poured into some kinda tub so she could be drowned, maybe some kind of torture that she didn't know of....Whatever it was, she was sure it wasn't a good thing.

She craned her neck out to look around, only to see the same walls of Fluttershy's, no, this was NOT Fluttershy, this, this, thing's house. She flinched when she saw a shadow under the door, her ears pinned back. It was coming for her!

The click of locks were sounded, when the door began to slowly creak open. All she saw was a blurry shape of purple and yellow. The lack of sleep had made her dreary, and often dizzy. Her sight was blurred, and her thoughts were blinded by fear.

A Loud thud caught her off guard when the purple mass was dropped onto the floor, it was Twilight!

Immediately, before the yellow Pegasus could see she was awake, she ducked down, pretending she was still asleep, hopefully that would buy her another 30 minutes, if she was lucky, maybe an hour.

Hearing hoof steps, and the click of a lock, she shot her head back up, and began to wriggle with all the strength she had left to Twilight, obviously the mad pony didn't think about her horn, or her magic within it.

Nudging Twilight with her muzzle, soon the unicorn opened her eyes, and turned to see the cyan Pegasus, she was truly a sight. Her mane was unkempt, and matted with what appeared to be blood. Her cheeks were stained with tears, and her eyes bloodshot, with dark rings underneath them, due to hardly any good sleep. Her cyan blue coat...it was still blue, but dirty and red spots spattered it. She looked utterly hopeless, no longer the brave, adventurous, impatient, and head-strong dare devil that Twilight knew.

"R-rainbow?" she stuttered, shaking her head, trying to send away the dizziness.

"Oh, Twilight! you have to get us out of here, use your crazy magic stuff, and untie me!" she flinched when she thought she heard a stomp. "Hurry, and stay quiet, or she'll hear you!" Rainbow Dash's eyes were wide, and her tone was now a low whisper.
"Oh, okay, but whats going on?" her horn began to glow with lavender purple, her eyes glanced just slightly, to see the other 4 ponies, hung to the walls like trophies. her eyes gazed in fear, almost immediately the magic disappeared, her horn no longer glowing.

"I know, it's a horrible sight, I watched them all to their deaths, they were great ponies, but we will end up like them if we don't hurry!" Her voice raised into a accidental squeal, and she noticed a loud clicking noise, Fluttershy was coming.
Her eyes widened even more in horror.

Twilight knew immediately what to do, her horn glowing brighter than she had thought possible. The clicking of the locks on the door made Rainbow's heart race.

She felt the bright light of Twilight's horn engulf her into the slightest bit of calmness, she felt she had hope, no longer completely fearful. She clamped her eyes shut, and gritted her teeth when she heard Fluttershy screech in anger.

She noticed that she could no longer see her hooves, that they were disappearing, and Twilight's eyes were white, within a few moments, she found herself in the purple unicorn 's library, no more Fluttershy, no more fear, no more blood, no more death....

Her eyes gleam as she looked up to her only living friend...Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Rarity...And Fluttershy was just down right insane...She felt all her personality return, but the cyan Pegasus's eyes were glazed with tears in mourning of her friends. Twilight said nothing, just put a hoof on her back.

There was silence for a while, until the unicorn smiled, and looked her in the eyes, and spoke what she wanted to hear, "Don't worry, they will always be with us, no matter if we can see them or not, we will get Fluttershy back..."

Rainbow Dash replied with a smile, and she leaned forward to hug the unicorn. Her eyes closed tight.

Rainbow pulled away after a few moments, and she could have sworn by her life, that she saw three silvery shapes, of pink, orange, and white, sitting in the room with them...