• Published 8th Dec 2020
  • 1,580 Views, 272 Comments

Foreign Affairs - Goldfur



Violet Woods intended to start a new life away from her hometown, but curiosity was what made her choose the young colony on the planet Chakona as her new home. The unicorn mare ends up discovering far more than she expected.

Comments ( 33 )

Wow... well worth the wait! Wonderfully enjoyable! Wondered what Point's kids would be like. Looks like I wasn't far off the mark!

This was a wholesome story. And the universe in general is fun to read on both sides of the portal. Looking forward to more.

10752254

Looks like I wasn't far Off The Mark!

I see what you did there. :trixieshiftleft:

10752291
:rainbowlaugh::twilightsmile::rainbowlaugh:

Would you believe I didn't notice until AFTER I wrote it? I left it in for a reason.

seems an abrupt end but a good end.

i wait for one of them to mate with a kline kid

This was woundeful
This little story brought many hours of smiling in my life.
Thank you

Nice ending, though I was surprised that it was the end. I'd expected to hear much more about those two. But I suppose that will be in another story. I also wonder if we will see more of the old chakaverse characters? With or without equian characters.

Ah, the joys of chakat claw care, wonder how soon Ace gets her own scratching post or does shi borrow mom's first (or which wooden piece) ...

Nice story.

I really hope that there'll be something long and epic in that universe someday : )

awesome story just absolutely amazing.

HO FUR So many pony haters are going to flip out over this.

"My husband is a changeling queen"
And what a Queen. :rainbowlaugh:

That Azure picture at the end: "Hear me Roar" :rainbowlaugh:


Slightly hasted but no less well wrapped ending Goldfur.
Looking forward to your next project - whether that be of Pony, Al Chapone or Chakat-esque nature :rainbowdetermined2:
Hope you've had a great Island round trip :twilightsmile:

10752274
The Chakat Universe is indeed a world for stories, most delightful, fraughtfull and heart felt.

Quite a nice series here Goldy. I did enjoy this story and loved the artwork in this chapter. Hopefully in due time a new story shall be spun by the tale spinner. :twilightsmile:

10752417
You can regard this as Book One because the arcs have been wrapped up. However, there were hints of something for a new arc. Lots to think about before that happens though.

NOOOOO!!!!!! I Want MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!
That was quite enjoyable!

*snicker*

I see Violet and Tiger agreed on a fitting nickname for when Violet is feeling... stiff. :rainbowlaugh::trollestia:

10753390
Ancient gods, old Earth mages, and mysterious builders of stellar megastructures lurk in the future, mm?

I love the story though there was a big question that was left unanswered and I'm just curious. Did the happy couple invite Princess Cadance to Tigerbright's birthing party? Because I think Cadance would find it intriguing since it's a celebration of love of life and of family.

10753622
Yes. Actually, it was more a case of not being able to keep her away!

But does shir Ace have handpaws?

10754269
Yes, Ace has handpaws just like hir sire's.

I'm curious. Did Lily and Ace end up with any extra talents due to their changeling heritage?

10756502
:trixieshiftleft: Hmmmm.... maybe. :trixieshiftright:

Crouching Mischief

Hidden Prankster

I see what you did there, maybe you have seen Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. If not, it's still a good nick name.

10752333
The only detail I had wrong is I had handpaws in front and hooves in the back, instead of hooves all around. Wish I thought of the sphinx bit. Oh, well, I'll just kick back and enjoy! Thanks again for letting me play in your backyard.

you describe lilly as having the start of a horn at birth but the pic of her doesnt show it, did she have to get it removed or is it just stunted and hiden behind her hair?

10821233
Yes, it's short enough to be hidden by the hair. It'll get a bit longer as shi reaches hir full adult growth but it will never be as conspicuous as a regular unicorn's horn. It will be the same for all subsequent progeny.

10821246
still good enough for hir to be able to use magic without a crystal amp, if perhaps at a reduced capacity...though as we learned from unicorns like trixie its not about how much power you have, but about how clever you are in its use!
bet the first time hir friends saw hir using hir TK they were totes jelly (well the non pony ones anyway)

thats what i love about your stories, the charicters, there lives, the worlds it makes me think, imagine...i find myself pondering out histories and details for the futures of even the most insignificent charicters and situations...i just cant seem to pull myself out of the world easily

11225090
the produceing company has only itself to blaim, after its inital run and a breif syndication they clamped down on it HARD, its dificult to find it anywhere on the internet and when they find it they remove any part of it and they have only sold copies of it sparsly now and then...its like they 'wanted' it to be forgoten....its a shame neither of the spinoffs went anywhere, excaliber looked kinda cool but they clearly didnt know what to do with it and ranger was DOA

So I read this today and I really enjoyed it.
About the time they start having sex the plot kinda veers off from the main point though.
I loved the story though, and the sex was tasteful.
Overall I look forward to the future of the series.
Also, I'm interested in some of these taur species now.
I've looked at the images and checked out the site and you've done a great thing.

Well, that's one down. I'll be going through this again for comments and questions, but I had a thought.

Namely of the initial foray into genetics. Chakats, in my opinion are the penultimate children of men, but one must
be in awe at the absolute hell the first morphs existence was.

In this world, was the destiny of morphs governed by some sort of transcendental entity or law? Was it the hand of God hovering above?

Yes, and that's multi headed single digit brain cell having hydra was named Corporate Focus Groups:fluttershbad:

https://m.

Also, neat. Proto deities. And I've never seen The Princess Bride.



Also thanks for getting back to me so quickly in pm. I know you're a busy fellow so such courtesy is appreciated:twilightsmile:

I think the pics broke for this chapter.

11866161
Temporary glitch in the Matrix!

Login or register to comment