• Published 2nd Jan 2023
  • 4,838 Views, 1,347 Comments

My Little Pokémon: Grander World - Amarvax



Join Ash, Twilight and all their friends as the journey continues in a unified world

  • ...
13
 1,347
 4,838

PreviousChapters Next
For Our Existence

Sinnoh. Mount Coronet. Late Afternoon.

To make up for the lack of the Fire Shard, Volo used everything he had to restore the remaining shards into Life Plates. He succeeded, creating the final Life Plates as he now had 17 at his disposal. This in turn, affected the massive tear in Space-Time, while also affecting the Distortion World.

Not only was he calling out for Giratina, but he was also transferring a huge chunk of that power into his Garchomp, making sure he would receive all the power possible. Ash watched as Garchomp was being filled with a grandiose amount of power.

"Gar...Gaaar!" Garchomp growled, his body feeling the overwhelming essence of Infinity Energy flooding in. His eyes glowed bright red as he felt his power rising to new heights. The already raging Dragon Energy within him was greatly elevated, breaking through its peak with ease. The light of the energy Garchomp was letting out could be seen from great distances.

From Jubilife, Celestic Town, Sandgem Town, Canalave City and Snowpoint City, everyone who could see Mount Coronet would witness the sight of Garchomp radiating with power.

Afterwards, the Infinity Energy around Garchomp would reach its apex, the buildup coming to an end. But around Garchomp was a flux of Infinity Energy of all 17 Types, minus Fire, of course. Standing there was a Garchomp of untold new heights, powered by each Type.

Being cornered by Ash and his Pokemon in such a way forced Volo to unleash such power, granting it to his Garchomp as a final gambit. Ash narrowed his eyes at this sight, staying confident, but knowing it wasn't going to get easier from here. All of Mount Coronet was now surrounded by Infinity Flames of various colours, giving it a mix of different tints in the environment and atmosphere.

"It doesn't matter how high you climb or even if you're stronger than me, Ash! I refuse to lose to you! Dragon Claw!"

"Gar...Garchmop!" Garchomp would leap forward, the force of his takeoff, leaving behind a spark of Infinity Energy in the process. His body was practically oozing and radiating it as energy claws would manifest around his already existing claws.

"Bullet Punch!"

"Rrr!" Lucario would also leap forward, becoming a blue blur for a moment as he came into contact with Garchomp. The two Pokemon would meet in mid-air, their attacks clashing against one another. A powerful shockwave would erupt from the impact, blowing away everything around them.

Ash and Pikachu would hold onto the ground, trying not to get blown away while Volo used his cape to stay stable. The wind would eventually die down, revealing that both Pokemon were still standing, having blocked each other's attacks.

From how hard they were colliding, they ended up creating sparks of energy with each hit. The two Pokemon would move so fast that they appeared to be blurs, hitting each other rapidly.

The battle between them was intense, with neither side giving in. They continued to throw Bullet Punches and Dragon Claws at each other, with each impact being met with equal force. However, after a few more hits, Garchomp would manage to land a slash on Lucario, sending him flying back. "C-Ca!"

"Lucario!" Ash cried out, seeing how his Pokemon had been knocked back. He then looked at Garchomp, who was now descending towards the ground.

"Fire Blast, at once!"

"Garchomp...!" By breathing in, Garchop would then unleash a searing blast of flames. The size of the flames would set fire to the ground while travelling, igniting the peak of Mount Coronet. Lucario gasped, managing to roll out of the way, narrowly avoiding the Fire Blast as it flew off into the distance, blowing up afterwards. However, the size of the explosion was so great it reached Mount Coronet regardless, damaging it even further.

"Repeatedly! Fire Blast!"

"Chomp! Gar!" Garchop would then unleash a repeated barrage of Fire Blasts in quick successions, setting the top of Mount Coronet ablaze. Lucario would continue to dodge the incoming blasts, using his speed to his advantage. But with how many of them were going around, it became increasingly difficult to avoid them all as some ended up landing, knocking the Aura Pokemon back with super-effective damage.

"R-Rio!" Lucario grimaced, his eyes closing.

"Garchomp...!" Garchomp would then ascend into the air, charging up an even larger Fire Blast. This Fire Blast exceeded the rest in size and definitely in strength as the Dragon-Ground-Type would unleash it.

"Aura Sphere!"

"Lu...Ca!" Lucario would quickly form an Aura Sphere of great size to try and counter this great Fire Blast. The two attacks would collide, entering an immediate struggle against one another. The sheer force of the attacks created a powerful shockwave that would spread across the area, causing the mountain to shake.

"Rrrr...!" Lucario grit his teeth, trying to push back the Fire Blast. But the sheer power of it was too much for him to handle, pushing him back. "Rio...!" The Aura Sphere would then shatter, leaving Lucario vulnerable to the incoming Fire Blast.

The Aura Pokemon's eyes widened as he was fully enveloped by the Fire Blast which would immediately combust upon impact. The explosion was in the shape of a flaming dome of great proportions as it would rage on. It was a raging explosion that would linger there for a while instead of immediately dispersing. "Lucario!" Ash shouted while feeling the explosion. Volo simply watched with a sharp gaze along with Garchomp as the explosion persisted.


The Distortion World.

In the Distortion World, everything was beginning to come apart. The skies were becoming distorted as the tear was widening even more. Sci-Twi could see the world outside being affected by the tear as well. The ground beneath her would suddenly shatter, causing her to fall through the air.

Many more surfaces were coming apart as Giratina roared upon seeing his universe crackle and fizzle. He would then fly under Sci-Twi, catching her before she could hit the ground. She would gasp, feeling the Renegade Pokemon's body underneath her.

"Giratina..." Sci-Twi said quietly, holding onto the Pokemon as he flew towards Cyrus. Giratina would then focus his attention on a storm of Infinity Energy clashing with the Anti-Matter in this universe, creating a maelstrom of it. The maelstrom would dissolve some of the trees. Those trees were immediately erased from existence, never to be seen again.

The maelstrom would frantically move around, flying straight for Sci-Twi. She would shriek, closing her eyes out of pure fear of being erased from existence. However, Giratina would block the attack with his own power, keeping Sci-Twi safe.

He would summon his own Anti-Matter, using it to fend off the Infinity Energy that was attempting to destroy the Distortion World. He managed to deflect it, causing the maelstrom to disperse. However, moments after, another one would appear.

Giratina would then soar across the Distortion Realm, unleashing waves of Anti-Matter to quickly destroy the forming maelstroms, preventing them from getting too big. He was doing all he can to keep the Distortion World intact.

Cyrus would simply walk, watching all of this be disrupted, witnessing pieces of the Distortion World come undone. A wave of Ant-Matter and Infinity Energy passed by him, erasing a chunk of land nearby as he was completely unphased.

"Cyrus! You have to move!" She bellowed.

"I've been trapped here for an unknown amount of time. I have no idea how long it has been since I arrived here." Cyrus would explain. "But now, I'm finally going to get my wish. To be free of this place. And if that means being erased from existence, then so be it. At least I'll be free."

"You can't be erased from existence!" Sci-wi would yell at him from above. "You just can't!"

"For my crime of attempting to destroy this universe and remaking it, this is the necessary outcome. Giratina let my existence be as punishment, knowing what I attempted and this does seem to be a fitting end for me. So, I will accept it."

Cyrus was very much willing to let this happen. He had no regrets at all. He believed this is how it should all end. To be erased in a universe away from everyone else.

Right above him, a storm of Anti-Matter and Infinity Energy started forming, ready to strike. He did not move or even flinch or attempt to move out of the way. The Leader of Team Galactic was more than contempt.

"Giratina! Please...Save him!" Sci-Twi begged the Ghost-Dragon-Type, wishing for him to save Cyrus. Giratina looked at Sci-Twi for a moment, staying silent. It's true that Giratina had largely ignored Cyrus this entire time, knowing he posed no threat to him. But now, with the Distortion World coming apart, he was willing to do something about it.

"Please..." She requested once more. She saw the sadness in his eyes before then looking at the Arceus Pendant on her. Giratina knew one thing for sure. The fact that she was wearing such an item on her and that she was responsible for holding back the tear for a while, proved that she was something special. Not only that, she was also a friend of Ash, who Giratina strongly remembered.

Giratina would look at Sci-Twi once more before letting out a roar, flying towards Cyrus. The Renegade Pokemon would then unleash a powerful shockwave that would push back the storm of Anti-Matter and Infinity Energy, saving Cyrus from being erased right as the energy was about to strike him.

Cyrus then watched as Giratina would drop off Sci-Twi, who quickly ran over to him. Cryus would then turn her attention to her, keeping his cold gaze even after facing near-erasure.

"Why? Why did you save me?" He questioned her. "Even after all that you've heard."

"...I couldn't let it happen to you. No matter the circumstance." She would lower her head, gripping onto the pendant. "But above all else, I made a promise to Mars, Saturn and Jupiter. I promised them that I would bring you back. I've already made my own mistakes and I'm partially responsible for what's happening right now. If you were to be erased...I'd only blame myself again and I can't go through that. So please, let me bring you back to Team Galactic!"

She begged him. Sci-Twi simply wanted to save him and fulfil her promise. She couldn't go back on it at all, not after everything that's happened. Cyrus would stay quiet for a while as the sounds of Anti-Matter and Infinity Energy went off in the distance. He was rather stunned by her. Such dedication to saving him even after what he's tied to do.

"Hmph. It seems that emotions will always be above all else, no matter what I do." Cyrus would suddenly put on a light smile while closing his eyes. "Very well. You may take me back to my subordinates."

"Really?!" Sci-Twi gasped, seeing how Cyrus was willing to come back with her. She felt like she could cry tears of joy right now, but she held it back.

"Yes. But first, we need to get out of here." Cyrus suggested.

"Right! Giratina!" Sci-Twi turned to the Renegade Pokemon. "Can you help us get out of here?! Please!"

Giratina would let out a roar, confirming that he could make it happen. However, before that, Giratina intended to neutralize the disruptions happening to his universe. The Renegade Pokemon would fly into the air, unleashing a powerful shockwave that would disperse the maelstroms of Anti-Matter and Infinity Energy.

But he knew that simple shockwaves wouldn't be enough. He needed to do something even greater to stop this. Giratina needed to build something up. The Renegade Pokemon would then focus on the Arceus Pendant, using its power to channel some of his own energy into it.

The pendant would glow, responding to Giratina's energy. Sci-Twi would feel the pendant reacting to Giratina's power, causing her to hold it.

"What's going on?" She asked.

"Giratina is using your pendant to channel his own power. He's trying to use it to seal the tear." Cyrus explained.

"Oh...!" Sci-Twi looked at the pendant, seeing how it was glowing brightly. She could also feel the immense amount of power flowing through it. It was a power that she couldn't even begin to comprehend. "I'm not sure if it'll work, but it's worth a shot." Sci-Twi said, holding the pendant. "Please, help me, Giratina."

Giratina would let out another roar, acknowledging her request. He would then focus on the tear, gathering all of his power into the pendant. The Renegade Pokemon would then unleash a powerful shockwave, sending it flying towards the tear.


Sinnoh. Mount Coronet.

All the while, the battle against Ash and Volo continued. Just recently, Lucario had been struck by a devastating Fire Blast as it looked like he had been completely defeated by it. But so far, as the flames would finally die out, a large smoke cloud would emerge. However, leaping out of the smoke was Mega Lucario, who managed to withstand the attack, lunging in for another attack.

"G-Gar?!" Garchomp was stunned by Lucario's recovery as well as Volo.

"Nice, Lucario! Force Palm!"

"Rrrr!" Upon making his reappearance, Lucario would surround his paws in an orange energy, continuing the battle from here.

"W-What!? Dragon Claw!" Volo ordered while stumbling back a bit.

"Chomp!" Garchomp would quickly duck Lucario's incoming force palm, by ducking his head, immediately going for a slash. But Lucario was quick to dodge him as well, zipping to the side. The two would then hit each other, growling. Both Pokemon would glare at each other before going in for another up-close encounter. The two would then press their heads against one another, pushing each other back. Rocks would fly just from their impact.

A pillar of dust and smoke would erupt after the aftershock, sending massive rocks flying off Mount Coronet and back down to the ground from such a high height.

"He still has that much power left?! Persistent Pokemon! And an equally persistent Trainer!" Volo clenched his hand. "Dragon Rush!"

"Garchomp...!" Garchomp built up a huge overflow of Dragon Energy before flying forward.

"Reversal!" Ash shouted.

"Lucario!" Lucario would then gather a tremendous amount of Aura, surrounding himself with it. The aura would then turn blue and red as he would meet Garchomp halfway. Swaying his head to the side, he managed to land a hit straight towards Garchomp's chest, causing him to gasp. Garchomp grit his teeth, managing to bash his body against Lucario which made him slide back. "C-Ca!"

"Aura Sphere!"

"Lu...Ca!" Lucario would continue sliding back, forming an Aura Sphere in one palm and throwing it out.

"Dragon Claw!"

"Gar!" However, Garchomp would hit the Aura Sphere with all of his might, causing it to hit the ground instead. But he didn't just hit it down, he made it roll back to Lucario, striking him in the process.

"Luca!" Lucario was knocked back by his own attack which was also super-effective against him. But Garchomp wasn't done just yet. He would then take flight, attempting to hit Lucario while he was currently airborne. "Rrr...?!"

"Gar..." Garchomp's claws were raised, ready to be swung down at full-force.

"Double Team!"

"Rio!" By the skin of his teeth, Lucario managed to split himself in two, barely avoiding the downward slash from Garchomp. However, Garchomp was able to recover quickly, swinging his tail at one of the clones, destroying it. He would then swing his tail at the other clone, destroying it as well.

"Rrrr...!" Lucario growled, seeing how Garchomp was now right in front of him.

"Fire Blast!" Volo ordered.

"Chomp!" Garchomp would unleash a searing blast of flames, preparing to engulf Lucario. But with a smirk on his face, it was revealed that this was fizzled out the second the flames came into contact. "Gar?!"

"What?! Where's the real one?2 Vloo questioned once he saw this clone fizzle out.

"Now! Aura Sphere!"

"Lucario!" Lucario was actually above Garchomp, coming down with his paw. Right as Garchomp turned around, his chest was met with an azure sphere that formed in Lucario's paw the second he came into contact with him. The sphere would then expand, engulfing Garchomp's entire body and even surpassing his size. The Aura would remain around Garchomp for a while, dealing repeated them to him in every direction while trapping him before exploding upon impact.

"Garrrrrrr!" Garchomp cried out, being sent flying across the peak of Mount Coronet. His body would hit the ground next to Volo, almost pushing him back. Volo was in absolute shock at what he had just witnessed. He couldn't believe it. As the smoke cleared and Lucario stuck the landing, the result had been shown and the victor was decided.

Garchomp had fainted, making Ash the winner.

"Rrr." Lucario smirked before getting on his knees, clearly exhausted from that battle. He was so exhausted that he exited his Mega Evolved state, but he had done his best and defeated Volo's final Pokemon.

"I...lost? I lost to you...?" Volo muttered, staring at the sight of his fainted Garchomp. With his final Pokemon down for the count, Volo no longer had anyone to pour the power of the Life Plates into. Speaking of which, all of that energy could be seen leaving Garchomp's body, returning to the Life Plates they originally came from.

"It's over Volo." Ash announced, declaring all of this to be over.

"Kh! No, it's not! Why?!" Volo would grip onto his face with his pupils shrinking. "Why is it that you and your friends have been blessed with meeting Arceus before?! But not me?! I've devoted myself to Arceus beyond any other! I've worshipped him as the Creator of the entire Universe! I bent all my passion and interest to his study! All that time I spent poring over the legends...Everything I've done...!"

"..." Ash would simply stay quiet, gazing at him.

"You meddling menace! You and Lena! Lena feels like she was spat out of the space-time rift just to get in my way! And your sole existence feels like an antithesis to mine! But...It's not over yet. Not until I decree that it is. I still have the final gambit of it all! Giratina!" Volo would then use all that he had, channelling the embodiment of all the Mind Plates into the tear in space. This time, he was truly letting go of absolutely everything.

The energy would hit the tear once more, holding nothing back. Ash would see the sky crack all around, the atmosphere getting colder as an eldritch chill ran across the environment.

"Can you feel it?! The chill creeping across the skies and beyond...The eldritch presence icing everything?!" He would then start cackling maniacally as a darker-than-anything shadow would start creeping out of the tear. The shadow would creep across the sky, reaching the peak of Mount Coronet where everyone was.

"This is it! This is what I've been waiting for! The Renegade Pokemon, Giratina!" Volo declared while raising his arms. Jet black wings would form out of the shadows with red tips on them as a familiar figure would emerge. Indeed, Volo had done it. He had successfully summoned Giartina,

"Giratina?!" Ash gasped, seeing how the Pokemon was now here.

Giratina roared, flying through the air, hovering above Ash and Pikachu. The Renegade Pokemon descended in front of Ash and Pikachu specifically, taking his sweet time with his entrance.

"Now you see...As long as my will to fulfil my destiny exists, I will always have a chance. A chance a victory." Volo would point at himself. "That is my future!"

Ash and Giratina would look at each other for a while as Volo would continue to laugh, relishing in the fact that he had summoned Giratina. The Pokemon known as the Shadow of Arceus. And the one who had previously confronted him in the very far past.

"Now, Giratina!" Volo would clench his hand, emanating Infinity Energy from it. "Strike him down!"

However, Giratina did not respond. Instead, he continued to stare at Ash, remembering him. Ash would blink, not knowing why Giratina wasn't attacking him.

"Giratina! What are you doing? Attack him!" Volo ordered.

But Giratina still didn't listen. He was too focused on Ash to even pay attention to Volo.

"Giratina! Listen to me!" Volo shouted, trying to get Giratina's attention. But it was no use. Instead, Giratina would let out a light roar at Ash, prompting him and Pikachu to smile.

"Hey, Giratina." Ash spoke to the Creator of Anti-Matter, responding to him.

"I don't believe my eyes..." Watching this from above were Team Galactic, currently in the airship with Twilight. They were stunned to see Ash speaking to Giratina, but not Twilight. There was a reason for Giratina doing nothing against Ash and Pikachu. It was a very simple reason.

"T-This can't be...How...How?!" Volo would step back.

"That's pretty easy. Because we're friends." Ash revealed. Indeed, Giratnina was a friend of his. Quite the friend to have. That response absolutely broke Volo. That was the final hit to it all. After all that hard work. All that effort and planning. All that searching and gathering of the shards. It all came crashing down for a simple fact.

The Bonds of Friendship.

Volo could only stand there before dropping to his knees. And once he fell on his knees, all the Life Plates he held would fall to the ground as well. He had truly given up. "I...I..." He would stamer on his words for a moment before speaking what he greatly hesitated to say, but just couldn't. "I surrender."

Volo had finally been beaten, accepting defeat. It was all over. Well, for the most part. There was still the obvious problem of the tear in the sky that still persisted.

"I truly lost. The Blood of the Ancient Sinnoh People flows in my veins and yet I still lost. Does this mean the world does not need to be remade?" Volo uttered with a weak tone.

"Precisely." A voice would reply to Volo, causing him to look up. It was from the tear in the sky as the man descending from it by riding on the back of his Gyarados. And on that back was Sci-Twi as well as they had left the Distortion World safe and sound.

"M-Master Cyrus...!" Mars couldn't believe her eyes. It was really him. Her, Jupiter and Saturn were perplexed by this sight.

"Cyrus!" Ash gasped, seeing him here.

"Ash!" Sci-Twi would hop off Gyarados, immediately running to Ash with glee in her eyes. With her arms out, she would hug Ash tightly, glad to see him again. "Oh, Ash!"

"I once believed that the universe had to be remade as well." Cyrus approached Volo, looking down at him

"But now...I'm not so sure anymore." He continued. "I've been trapped in the Distortion World for an unknown amount of time. And during that time, I had a lot to think about. And I realized something. Something I never thought I'd ever realize."

"And what is that...?" Volo questioned, curious to know what he had to say.

"That I was wrong. About everything." Cyrus answered. "I was blinded by my own beliefs and ideals. Believing that I knew what was best for this world. But I was wrong. So very wrong. I was foolish to believe that I could control the entire universe. I was foolish to believe that I could create a perfect world. There is one thing that moves all of existence. Something that even Arceus has."

Cyrus would then turn to face Ash and Sci-Twi as this embrace lasted much longer with Sci-Twi crying in his arms, absolutely relieved by it all. He would then look over at the aircraft, spotting his subordinates after all these years. Saturn, Mars and Jupiter were taken aback by this as Mars could be seen tearing up along with Jupiter. Saturn was doing his best to his own tears though.

"I thought them hazardous and a danger to all life. But now I see that they are also what protects and moves life forward. They will lead to paths of destruction, such as your own but they can also lead to unparalleled love. Emotions. That is what moves everything."

"Unbelievable..." Volo closed his eyes, having nothing else to say. However, there was still the issue in the sky as the tear was still out of control. The sound it made alerted everyone else as they looked up, seeing how the tear was getting worse.

"It's still not leaving! Giratina managed to fend off all energies from the Distortion World, but that tear is still active!" Sci-Twi gasped.

"Then we'll just shut it down with brute force!" Ash would grin, stepping forward as he adjusted his hat. "If we hit it hard enough, it'll get out of here!"

"Huh?! How can you be so sure?! You can't just brute force everything, Ash!" Sci-Twi barked at him."

"No. He's correct." But Cyrus actually saw Ash's approach as a great idea. "Obviously, you would need a tremendous amount of force to make it possible. Something like this cannot be stopped with just one attack, especially if that attack does not reach a certain threshold. But with Giratina here..."

"Hm." Ash smirked, nodding in response to Cyrus's words. "Okay then! We'll make it count in one hit! Pikachu, use Thunderbolt! Lucario, Aura Sphere! And Giratina...Use Hyper Beam!"

"Pika...Chuuu!"

"Luca! Rio!"

All three Pokemon would unleash their attacks, combining them into one powerful beam. The combined power of all three attacks would then be fired at the tear, hitting it with full force. It was right at the centre of the tear too, meaning it had a direct hit on it.

The tear would begin to shake, reacting to the attack. The energy would then start to get sucked back into the tear, closing it slowly. It was mainly Gratina's Anti-Matter that was doing most of the work, but with the addition of Thunderbolt and Aura Sphere, it helped greatly. The tear, unable to fight back, would find itself shrinking rapidly, returning to its original size.

Bits of Anti-Matter would surround the tear, sealing it shut. The tear would then vanish, leaving behind no trace of it ever being there. The skies were clear once more as the sun shone brightly. The light of the Sun broke through, beaming down on them all.

It was finally all over.

"Hah...Finally!" Sci-Twi was more than relieved, getting on her knees as her glasses would drop. She would then wipe the sweat off her forehead. "We did it!"

"Alright!" Ash cheered. "Way to go everyone!"

"Pika!" Pikachu joined in, jumping for joy while Lucario simply crossed his arms, putting on a smile. And this happiness was felt by everyone else. Once everyone in Sinnoh saw the tear close, they rejoiced, seeing that Sinnoh's potential destruction and by extension, all of existence had been prevented.

For the second time too.

Cynthia obviously saw this, a smile forming on her face as she knew that Ash and the others had succeeded in stopping Volo. The roar of Giratina could be heard, but it was a triumphant roar. All this could have a pin put on it, bringing an end to the troubles that Volo had caused.

As the journey continues.


Chapter 536 End.

PreviousChapters Next