• Published 19th Jul 2023
  • 681 Views, 22 Comments

My Little Discord: Friendship is Magic Season 1 - Musiclover435



A baby Discord is found by two Alicorns. He sees Luna as his mother until she is banished one day. Fear of judgment, he conceals his true form from ponies. This goes on for 1000 years until he meets a kind Pegasus.

  • ...
1
 22
 681

Friendship is Magic Part 1

Discord kept his true form a secret for nearly one thousand moons but mainly stayed in his room or the library. He hadn't even left Canterlot and he rarely left the castle since they started living there and now he was en route to Ponyville with his aunt's star pupil, Twilight Sparkle, and her dragon, Spike. He only knew her from seeing her in the library once or twice and from conversations his aunt had with him. 'I don't understand why I'm here. I hardly attend the Summer Sun celebration. I spend that time talking to my mother. Aunt Celestia knows this, I always use this day to spend time talking with her.' He put his hoof to his face, feeling completely bored as the dragon talked to him and Twilight.

Twilight, on the other hand, was nervous and upset. First, she was with Princess Celestia's nephew, Prince Discord. She barely knew anything about him besides seeing him in the library and castle a few times. 'Why would Princess Celestia send me here?! Why with her nephew?! Why didn't she believe me about Nightmare Moon?!'

"My Dear Twilight, there is more to a young pony's life than studying. So, I'm sending you with my nephew, Discord, to supervise the preparations for the summer sun celebration in this year's location, Ponyville." The clouds parted to reveal a small town with a windmill, an acre of apple trees, and more. And, I have an even more essential task for you and Discord to complete. Make some friends. While Spike sounded happy about the idea, Discord and Twilight groaned in their hooves.

"Look on the bright side, Twilight. The princess arranged for you to stay in the library. Doesn't that make you happy? Don't worry, Your Highness, the princess made sure that there was a separate room for you as well."

"Please, Discord is fine, Spike. The whole, "Your Highness" thing isn't for me." Discord told Spike as he raised his head to look at him.

Twilight thought to herself for a moment as the two were talking then raised her head, "Yes! Yes, it does. You know why? Because I'm right. I'll check on the preparations as fast as I can, then get to the library to find some proof of Nightmare Moon's return."

"Nightmare Moon? The old foul's tale? Why do you think she's returning?" Discord learned to keep his composure when talking about his mother a long time ago so his voice remained calm.

"Because it's been almost 1000 moons since it happened! She's coming back and we need to be prepared so like I said, I'm going to check on the preparations quickly and then head to the library as fast as possible."

"When will you make friends, like the princess said?" Spike asked her, hoping she wouldn't skip on it.

"She said to check on preparations with Prince Discord. I am her student and he is a prince so we will do our royal duty, but the fate of Equestria does not rest on me or Prince Discord making friends."

'Well, there's one thing we can agree on,' Discord thought to himself. Once the pegasus guards landed, they neighed indicating their safe landing, the trio exited the carriage.

"Thank you, sirs." They whinnied and then left after seeing that they were safe in Ponyville.

In the distance, a pink earth pony was walking in their direction. "Maybe the ponies in Ponyville have interesting things to talk about."

Discord rolled his eyes, not believing it. 'I've tried talking to ponies about all sorts of things but they all want to talk about me being a prince, my blue horn, or my red eyes.' While his disguise made him look like a pony, the two things he couldn't change were his red eyes and the blue from his goat horn. He tried to get the light brown from the deer antler but it never worked.

The pink earth pony stopped in front of the trio, she had dark pink poofy hair, three balloons as a cutie mark, and light blue eyes. "Come on, Twilight, just try," Spike encouraged.

"Uh... hello?" The pony jumped in the air, gasped loudly, then zipped away faster than the eye could see.

"Well... that was interesting, all right."

"I'll say. I've never seen a reaction like that before." Twilight led the way as Spike sighed.


With a checklist in hand, Spike, Twilight, and Discord were ready to complete their duties for the Summer Sun Celebration. "Summer Sun Celebration official overseer's checklist. Number one... banquet preparations, Sweet Apple Acres."

"Gee, wonder what they sell here?" Discord said jokingly.

"Yee-haw!" Spike, Discord, and Twilight watched as an orange cowpony with a blonde mane and tail, and an apple cutie mark kicked a tree and all the apples came down.

'Okay, I will always be impressed with the Earth's pony's strength. They can do amazing things, despite having no magic and not being able to fly.'

Twilight sighed. "Let's get this over with." Discord nodded as they walked over to the earth pony. "Good afternoon. My name is Twilight Sparkle." Before introducing Discord and Spike, the earth pony grabbed Twilight's hoof and started to shake it.

"Well, Howdy-do, Ms. Twilight? A pleasure making your acquaintance. I'm Applejack. We here at Sweet Apple Acres sure do like making new friends."

"Friends, actually, I, uh..."

Applejack released Twilight's as she asked, "So, what can I do ya for?" Twilight's hoof was still shaking from the strength that Applejack possessed so Spike helped her stop. She put her foot down as Spike laughed. Discord hid his smile but didn't laugh. Twilight looked at the two a bit annoyed but shook it off. "Well, I am, in fact, here to supervise preparations for the Summer Sun Celebration. And you're in charge of the food?"

"We sure as sugar are. Would you care to sample some?"

"Yes/As long as it doesn't take too long." Discord and Twilight answered as Applejack zipped away and rang a triangle.

"Soup's on, everypony!" Just like that, a crowd of ponies came rushing in, taking the trio to a table. Applejack came next to them and said, "Now, why don't I introduce Y'all to the Apple Family?"

Twilight smiled and not wanting to be rude, said, "Thanks, but I really need to hurry."

"This here's Apple Fritter," Applejack said as Apple Fritter shoved an apple fritter in Twilight's face.

While Twilight wasn't interested, Discord and Spike were. 'I didn't get a chance to eat breakfast before coming here as I was doing my normal preparations for today. But this smells amazing!'

"Apple Bumpkin." She puts three apple bumpkins on the table and each apple family member after that threw more apple food on the table in front of Twilight, Discord, and Spike "Red Gala, Red Delicious, Golden Delicious, Caramel Apple, Apple Strudel, Apple Tart, Baked Apples, Apple Brioche, Apple Cinnamon Crisp..." Applejack took a deep breath as she continued, "Big McIntosh, Apple Bloom, and..." Applejack shoved an apple in Twilight's mouth as she introduced the oldest member of the family. "Granny Smith. Up and at 'em, Granny Smith. We got guests."

She woke up. "What? Soup's on?" Slowly, Granny Smith walked over the the family and their guests. "I'm, uh, I'm coming, I'm coming."

"Why, I'd say they're already part of the family."

Twilight spat the apple out and laughed nervously. "Okay, well, I can see the food situation is handled, so we'll be on our way."

"Aren't you gonna stay for brunch?" Apple Bloom asked giving Twilight her signature puppy dog eyes.

Discord was about to say yes but Twilight said, "Sorry, but we have an awful lot to do." The ponies sighed sadly. Twilight bit her lip.

Discord whispered, "Come on, it's food, besides the look on their faces."

Twilight rolled her eyes, "Fine." Everypony cheered, even Spike and Discord were happy.


"Food's all taken care of. Next is weather."

Spike and Discord were walking up ahead while Twilight was lagging. She groaned and said, "I ate too much pie."

"I'll say. That food was amazing! The food in the castle is good but, man, I don't ever get food that tastes like that. I should ask my aunt if they could do the next gala. So, who's in charge of the weather, Spike?"

"Hmm. According to the list, it's supposed to be a pegasus pony named, Rainbow Dash. She's supposed to clear the clouds."

Discord and Twilight looked up and saw many clouds still in the air. "Well, she's not doing a very good job, is she?"

Just then, a blue blur crashed into Twilight. They landed in a puddle of mud. A blue pegasus with a rainbow mane laughed nervously. "Uh, excuse me?"

Twilight looked at the pegasus annoyed while Spike and Discord stood and watched. The pegasus chuckled again and said, "Let me help you." She zipped off and brought a cloud over. She put it above Twilight and started to jump on it. Rain poured down clearing the mud off of Twilight but leaving her soaked. The pegasus chuckled again. "Oops. I guess I overdid it. Um, uh, how about this?" Creating a mini twister, the pegasus spun around Twilight to dry her off. "My very own patented Rainblow dry." The pegasus landed as she said, "No, no. No need to thank me. You're quite welcome."

Once she got a good look at Twilight and her messed-up mane she couldn't help but laugh hysterically. Spike and Discord saw her too and laughed. Twilight, however, was not amused. "Let me guess, you're Rainbow Dash?"

Rainbow stood up, knocking Spike off her, and with confidence said, "The one and only." Rainbow flew into the air and in Twilight's face. "Why? You heard of me?"

"I heard you're supposed to be keeping the sky clear." Twilight sighed as she composed herself. "I'm Twilight Sparkle, and the Princess sent me and her nephew to check on the weather."

"Yeah, yeah. That'll be a snap," Rainbow said non-chauntly as she laid back on a cloud. "I'll do it in a jiffy, just as soon as I'm done practicing."

"Practicing? Why do you need to practice and what for?" Discord asked unsure why Rainbow wanted to practice. 'If it's for flying she seems to be a good flyer.'

"The Wonderbolts." Rainbow pointed at a poster of the Wonderbolts. "They're gonna perform at the celebration tomorrow, and I'm gonna show them my stuff"

Twilight growled in annoyance. Discord put his hoof on her to calm him down, he had a plan to get Rainbow Dash to clear the sky. "The Wonderbolts?" Discord asked her.

"Yep."

"The most talented fliers in all of Equestria?"

"That's them."

Dicord scoffed. "Please. I've seen them all the time at galas and various shows with my aunt. They would never have a pegasus pony join if they couldn't keep the sky clear for one measly day."

Rainbow Dash looked at him and with a determination in her voice said, "Hey, I could clear the sky in 10 seconds flat."

"Prove it," Twilight dared her.

With a look of determination, Rainbow Dash zipped through the sky dissipating the clouds one by one. "Hyah! Loop the loop around and whap!" In exactly 10 seconds, the entire sky was cleared. Spike and Twilight were shocked but Discord was impressed. "What'd I say? 10 seconds flat. I'd never leave Ponyville hanging. So, think you can talk to the Wonderbolts about me?" She asked as she landed on the bridge.

"Well, I don't know the captain personally but sure, next time I see them. I'll talk to them."

Rainbow Dash smiled as the look on Twilght's face was still there. "Haha. You should see the look on your face. Ha! You're a laugh, Twilight Sparkle. I can't wait to hang out some more."

Rainbow zipped away and still impressed Spike said, "Wow. She's amazing!" She played with Twilight's poofy hair and laughed. Twilight groaned in annoyance and walked away. "Wait! It's kind of pretty once you get used to it." Spike ran after Twilight with Discord following behind.


"Where did you learn to do that, Discord?" Spike asked curiously.

Discord smiled. "You learn a thing or two when trying to trick the guards as a colt to sneak off every so often. Reverse psychology is a good thing to know how to do. If I recall, next up is decorations." Spike nodded as the trio made their way to the banquet hall.

Inside the banquet hall was decorated with flowers, ribbons, banners, and more. It was done by a professional. "Decorations." Spike looked up from the checklist and then said, "Beautiful!"

"Yes. The decor is coming along nicely. This ought to be quick. We'll be at the library in no time. Beautiful, indeed." Twilight commented.

"I agree. I wonder if they found a pony from Canterlot to decorate for the Summer Sun Celebration."

"Not the decor... her." Spike pointed at the white unicorn, with a curly purple main, sapphire eyes, and gems as a cutie mark.

Using her magic, the unicorn looked at various ribbons and said, "No, no, no. Oh goodness, no." Spike looked at the unicorn with hearts in his eyes.

Discord rolled his eyes. 'Oh, brother. Love at first sight is utterly ridiculous.'

"How are my spines? Are they straight?" Spike tried to make himself look better as hearts flowed above him.

Twilight rolled her eyes playfully as she walked over to the unicorn with Discord trailing from behind her. "Good afternoon."

"Just a moment, please. I'm in the zone, as it were." The unicorn looked at more ribbons until she found the right one. "Oh, yes! Sparkle always does the trick, does it not? Why, Rarity, you are a talent." Rarity turned to Twilight and asked, "Now, um, how can I help you... ahh! Oh, my stars, darling! Whatever happened to your coiffure?"

"Oh, you mean my mane? Well, it's a long story. I'm just here to check on the decorations, and then I'll be out of your hair."

"Out of my hair? What about your hair?" Rarity proceeded to drag Twilight out to fix her hair.

Discord grabbed Spike and put him on his back as he followed from behind. 'I'm going to hear about lovey-dovey stuff from Spike the rest of the day, huh."


Rarity took Twilight to her home, fixed her main, and proceeded to fit her in various outfits. "No. No. Unh-unh. Too green. Too yellow. Too poofy. Not poofy enough. Too frilly. Too shiny." Finally, Rarity landed on an outfit she liked. It was white with various gems and sparkling flowing ribbons on the back. "Now go on, my dear. You were telling me where you're from." Rarity grabbed the ribbons with her mouth and began to tighten the outfit on Twilight.

"We've..." Twilight squeaked out. She hardly had any breath in her lungs. "been sent... from Canterlot... to..."

Rarity released the ribbons in shock. "Huh? Canterlot?!" Rarity got in Twilight's face. "Oh, I'm so envious and I can't believe I didn't recognize you, Prince Discord. I am so sorry, Your Highness."

Rarity bowed and Discord blushed in embarrassment. "Really, it's fine. Call me Discord. So, I'm guessing you've never been to Canterlot."

"Oh heavens no but I dream of living there. The glamour, the sophistication and, I can't wait to hear all about it. We are gonna be the best of friends, you and I." Rarity got close to Twilight, excited to hear all about Canterlot. However, once she looked at the center gem on Twilight's outfit, she said, "Emeralds?! What was I thinking? Let me get you some rubies. I think I have just the outfit for you, Prince Discord."

Rarity went in a different direction but Twilight was quick to react. "Quick, before she decides to dye my coat a new color."

"Let's go!" Discord grabbed Spike and after leaving her outfit behind the trio continued once more to finish the preparations.

Spike was still in his lovey-dovey mode after meeting Rarity. "Wasn't she wonderful?"

"I guess. Her outfits were nice but Spike, you can't believe in true love at first sight."

"What about you? Have you ever seen a mare so beautiful that she just took your breath away?"

Discord shook his head. "Not really. I've had all sorts of mares try to swoon me but none of them have been able to capture my heart."

"Focus, casanovas. What's next on the list, Spike?"

"Oh, uh, music. It's the last one."

Twilight sighed with relief. 'Finally, then we can go to the library and find a way to stop Nightmare Moon.' The sound of birds singing took Twilight out of her thoughts. Discord, Twilight, and Spike emerged from the bushes and watched a yellow pegasus pony with a long pink mane and tail, flapping her wings and talking to birds.

A Blue Jay was off-beat and the pegasus noticed it so she said, "Oh, my. Um, stop, please, everyone." The birds stopped singing and she flew to the Blue Jay and said, "Um... excuse me, sir. I mean no offense, but your rhythm is just a teeny, tiny bit off." The Blue Jay smiled as the pegasus returned to her normal spot to resume practice. "Now follow me, please. A-one, a-two, a-one, two, three."

"Hello!" Twilight's shout started the pegasus and the birds away. She looked at Twilight and Discord. "Oh, my. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to frighten your birds. We're just here to check up on the music, and it sounded beautiful."

While Twilight was talking to the pegasus, Discord was just in awe at the sight of the pegasus. He had met plenty of pegasi, unicorns, and Earth ponies in the past thousand moons but none have been able to catch his eye until now. To him, this pegasus was to most beautiful creature he ever laid eyes upon. 'I thought I would fall in love with another draconequus but after failing to find evidence of my kind, I lost hope of finding love but here, I have found the most beautiful pony in all of Equestria. Is this how Spike felt when he met Rarity? I may never know but this pony is beautiful.' Twilight shoved Discord and gestured to him that she was leaving. "It was a pleasure to meet you. I hope to see you again soon, my dear," Discord said, as he bowed to her, which caused her to squeak in fear.

Twilight and Discord walked back to the bushes where Spike was and Twilight said with relief. "Well, that was easy."

The pegasus gasped loudly. "A baby dragon!" She ran into Twilight and stood in front of Spike. "Oh, I've never seen a baby dragon before. He's so cute!"

Smugly, Spike looked at Twilight and said, "Well, well, well."

"Oh, my. He talks. I didn't know dragons could talk. That's just so incredibly wonderful. I...I just don't even know what to say."

Discord felt a bit jealous at this point, he couldn't believe that this pony liked Spike immediately. 'Maybe if she saw my true form, she would like me...' He thought to himself but he decided against it. Ponies never reacted well to his true form. 'I remember from Cadance that love takes time so I just need to be patient.'

Twilight used her magic to get Spike on her back and Discord close to her so they could get to the library. "Well, in that case, we better be going."

"Wait, wait. What's his name?"

"I'm Spike."

"Hi, Spike. I'm Fluttershy. Wow, a talking dragon. And what do dragons talk about?"

"Well, what do you want to know?"

"Absolutely everything."

Discord's and Twilight's eyes widened at the sound of that. They groaned knowing what was going to happen. "Well, I started out as a cute little purple-and-green egg."


The rest of the trip continued as Spike told Fluttershy his life's story, it went all the way into the evening. Twilight and Discord were annoyed the entire trip, more so Twilight but Discord was more annoyed at Spike rather than Fluttershy. From what he gathered, she seemed to like animals so she was more fascinated with Spike rather than the latter which made him relieved. "And that's the story of my whole entire life... well, up until today. Do you want to hear about today?"

"Oh, yes, please."

Twilight zipped around to face Fluttershy. "I am so sorry. How did we get here so fast? This is where Prince Discord and I are staying while in Ponyville, and my poor baby dragon needs his sleep."

"No, I don't."

Twilight bucked Spike off her back, knocking him to the ground. "Aww! Wook at that. He's so sweepy, he can't even keep his wittle bawance." Twilight smiled at Fluttershy, hoping this would make her leave.

Instead, Fluttershy flew and grabbed Spike in her arms. "Poor thing. You simply must get him to bed." Fluttershy flew into the library but Twilight was faster so she ran in and pushed Fluttershy out. "Yes, yes. We'll get right on that."

"Thank you for your time, dearest Fluttershy. I do hope we meet again sometime." Before being able to kiss her hoof, Discord was pulled inside by Twiight's magic then she slammed the door. "Good night!"

"Huh. Rude much?" Spike asked annoyed about Twilight's behavior.

"Sorry, Spike, but I have to convince the Princess that Nightmare Moon is coming, and we're running out of time. I just need to be alone so Prince Discord and I can study without a bunch of crazy ponies trying to make friends all the time."

"Twilight, Nightmare Moon is a foul's tale. Honestly, where's the light here so we can find proof about Nightmare Moon not existing."

The light turned on and there was a parade of ponies in the library. The party noises startled the trio even more so when they all shouted, "Surprise!!"

Twilight groaned but Discord and Spike smiled. 'Finally, this is a party!'

"Surprise!" The pink pony from earlier shouted in front of their faces. "Hi, I'm Pinkie Pie and I threw this party just for you two. Were you surprised? Were you, were you? Huh? Huh? Huh?"

"Very surprised. Libraries are supposed to be quiet."

Discord scoffed and said, "Lighten up, Twilight. This is the kind of chaos I live for. Nothing wrong with a good party."

"Exactly. Besides, what kind of welcome party would this be if it were quiet? I mean, duh! Boring!"

Twilight rolled her eyes. "I'll say. Normally I get horns and somepony announcing my arrival, this is so much better than that. Come on, Twilight. Don't be a stick in the mud."

Twilight walked over to a table as Pinkie Pie continued talking. Discord walked with her he found Pinkie Pie fascinating. "You see, I saw you two when you first got here, remember? You were all, "Hello." And I was all GASP. Remember? You see, I never saw you before and if I never saw you before, that means you're new, 'cause I know everypony, and I mean everypony, in Ponyville." Twilight groaned in annoyance. She rolled her eyes as she approached the table. "And if you're new, you haven't met anyone yet." Twilight picked up a bottle and started to pour it into her cup. "And if you haven't met anyone yet, you must not have any friends. And if you don't have any friends, then you must be lonely. And that made me so sad. And I had an idea. And that's why I went GASP." Twilight put the bottle down and started to drink out of it. "I should throw a great, big, ginormous, super-duper, spectacular welcome party and invite everyone in Ponyville. See? And now you have lots and lots of friends." Twilight's face turned red as she turned to the five ponies she met earlier. She was sweating and tears were coming down her face.

"Are you all right, sugarcube?" Smoke came out of Twilight's nose as she ran off. In a rush, Twilight went upstairs and stayed there.

"Aww! She's so happy, she's crying."

Discord looked at the bottle he saw Twilight use. "Huh? Hot sauce."

Pinkie Pie poured the hot sauce on a cupcake and then ate it to the surprise of everypony. "What? This is good."

Intrigued, Discord poured hot sauce on a cupcake and tried it himself. "Ooh, you're right. This is delightful."

"I gotta ask, what's a prince like yourself doin' here, Prince Discord?" Applejack asked curiously.

"Yes, looking for a future princess, no doubt," Rarity said hopefully.

"Please, call me Discord. I know I'm a prince and all but I'm not big on the royalty thing. And, I'm not technically in line for the throne. Sorry. As for what I'm doing here, Aunt Celestia sent me here with Twilight to help with the preparations." Discord smiled nervously, sure, he was a prince but only through adoption by his mom, who was supposed to come back tonight. He felt bad about lying to Twilight about it but nopony remembered her and he couldn't say that Nightmare Moon was his mom.

"What's with the blue horn?" Rainbow Dash asked bluntly then everypony looked at her. "What? It's a reasonable question."

"It's fine, everypony. I was born with it. Like my red eyes. I know not everypony has seen anything like this but I was born like this," Discord said, telling the same lie as he had done many times before.

"Well, I think they look nice," Fluttershy said softly.

"Thank you. Now, as Pinkie Pie mentioned, we have a welcome party to celebrate!"


In Twilight's room, she covered her head with a pillow to drown out the noise from below. 'I can't believe this is happening. I need to stop Nightmare Moon from coming but I can't study with all these crazy ponies!'

Twilight lifted her head and looked at the clock. It was well into the evening and the party was still going. "Ugh!"

"Hey, Twilight! Pinkie Pie's starting "Pin the tail on the pony. Want to play? Discord says that he could beat Pinkie Pie and ponies are playing bets."

"No! All the ponies in this town are crazy! I thought Prince Discord would be able to help me but he is just as crazy! Do you know what time it is?"

"It's the eve of the Summer Sun Celebration. Everypony has to stay up, or they'll miss the Princess raise the Sun." Twilight rolled her eyes, clearly stressed about the situation. "You really should lighten up, Twilight. It's a party, even Discord is having fun."

Twilight mumbled under her breath then laid back down on her bed. "Ugh! Here, I thought I'd have time to learn more about the Elements of Harmony and a prince who liked reading to help, but silly me. All this ridiculous friend-making has kept me from it." Twilight turned to the window and looked at the moon.

"Legend has it that on the longest day of the 1000th year, the star will aid in her escape, and she will bring about everlasting night. I hope the princess and Prince Discord were right. I hope it really is just an old pony tale."

The door slammed open and Spike shouted, "Come on, Twilight! It's time to watch the sunrise!"


Everypony went to the banquet hall, awaiting the arrival of their princess. Spike was on Twilight's back and Discord was right by them waiting for Celestia to arrive. "Isn't this exciting? Are you excited? 'cause I'm excited. I've never been so excited. Well, except for the time that I saw you two talking into town, and I went GASP. But, I mean, really, who can top that?"

'This is one very excitable pony.' Birds took Discord out of his thoughts. 'Well, if Fluttershy uses birds to summon us next time, I won't complain.' A spotlight appeared and beamed down on the Mayor.

"Fillies and Gentlecolts, as mayor of Ponyville, it is my great pleasure to announce the beginning of the Summer Sun Celebration." Everypony cheered except for Twilight, Spike, and Discord. "In just a few moments, our town will witness the magic of the sunrise and celebrate this, the longest day of the year."

Twilight and Discord looked up at the moon, watching as the stars got closer to the moon then the Mare in the Moon disappeared soon after. Twilight bit her lip nervously but Discord held his breath in anticipation. 'Mom is free. Maybe things will finally look up.

"And now, it is my great honor to introduce to you the ruler of our land, the very pony who gives us the sun and the moon, each and every day, The good, the wise, the bringer of harmony to all of Equestria..."

Twilight's fears were coming true but Discord felt ready and nervous. 'Please be better. Please be better.' Discord thought to himself.

"Ready?" Fluttershy asked her birds.

"...Princess Celestia!" Rarity unveiled the curtain only for there to be nothing. Not a royal pony in sight.

"This can't be good." Discord nodded in agreement.

'If Aunt Celestia is gone, then my mother isn't back to normal.'

The ponies started to talk amongst themselves, worried about the disappearance of their princess. "Remain calm, everypony. There must be a reasonable explanation."

Twilight moved her hooves nervously. She feared the worst and so did Discord. 'How is my mother not better? I hoped for so many moons that she would emerge okay and we could be a family again. Without Aunt Celestia, who will use the Elements? Who can use the elements?'

"Ooh, ooh! I love guessing games! Is she hiding?" Pinkie Pie looked around, thinking the princess was playing a game of hide-and-seek.

Rarity came back after looking around for the princess but she was nowhere in sight. "She's gone!" Everypony gasped in shock and fear.

"Oooh, she's good." Pinkie Pie screamed in fear at the purple magic that began to swirl in the air. "Oh, no."

From the purple magic, a black alicorn appeared in Celestia's spot. To Discord's surprise, nothing changed but this was the first time he got a close look at her and it was terrifying. The love and beauty he once felt from his mother was gone. The soft glow of moonlight he felt from his mom was gone. This alicorn, she felt evil, she felt like the dark side of the moon that never got any light. "Nightmare Moon." Spike fainted but everypony looked at the alicorn in shock.

"Oh, my beloved subjects. It's been so long since I've seen your precious little sun-loving faces."

"What did you do with our princess?"

Rainbow Dash was about to fly up to the alicorn to fight her but Applejack grabbed her tail with her mouth before she did something dumb. "Slow down, nelly."

Nightmare Moon laughed evilly. "Why? Am I not royal enough for you? Don't you know who I am?"

"OOh, ooh! More guessing games. Um, Hokey Smokes. How about Queen Meanie? No. Black Snooty, Black Snooty." Using his magic, Discord shoved a cupcake in Pinkie Pie's mouth to get her to stop talking.

"Does my crown no longer count now that I have been imprisoned for 1000 years?" Fluttershy turned her head and closed her eyes in fear. Nightmare Moon looked at Rarity and said, "Did you not recall the legend? Did you not see the signs?"

"I did."

"Twilight, no."

Discord tried to stop Twilight but she kept going. "And I know who you are. "You're the Mare in the Moon. Nightmare Moon." Everypony gasped in shock and fear.

"Well, well, well. Somepony who remembers me. Then you also know why I'm here."

"You're here to... to..." Twilight gulped in fear, knowing her true intentions.

Nightmare Moon laughed evilly. "Remember this day, little ponies, for it was your last. From this moment forth, the night will last forever!" Nightmare Moon laughed evilly as her mane and tail formed a storm cloud causing thunder and lightning to strike.

Everypony looked in at her in fear. 'Now, what?'

"...Mom...