• Published 15th Jun 2020
  • 348 Views, 12 Comments

Brotherly Love - MlpHero



A collection of short stories featuring two changelings, one the older brother, the other, the younger

  • ...
2
 12
 348

Grubsitting

Broken looked at the tiny grub. It had only been a few months since he’d hatched.

The grub let out a small “hic!”

Broken chuckled a bit before picking him up. “Hey, Blue.” He smiled. The little grub babbled happily at his older brother. “Heheh.”

He leaned in a bit closer to gently nuzzle the baby grub. The baby giggled, outstretching his very tiny hooves out.

Broken gently grasped his hooves. The little grub let out another happy giggle, then starting to gently nibble on his big brother’s hoof. Now, it was Broken’s turn to giggle. “Hey, that tickles.”

The little grub still curiously nibbled the older changeling’s hoof, trying to suck on it like a pacifier. Broken looked around the room, trying to find something else that the grub could chew on.

As he did that, the grub crawled to his back hoof, starting to nibble on that, too. Broken started giggling again. “H-Hey, Blue, that tickles.”

The baby gurgled with a grin. He looked back and continued nibbling.

Broken’s hoof shuddered. He didn’t want to kick it out, because it would hurt Blue. Blue then tried to crawl into one of his leg holes. Broken started giggling. “B-Blue. That really tickles.”

“Heheheh!” Blue giggled playfully.

Broken started laughing. Changeling leg holes had a tendency to be extremely sensitive. Especially for males.

“Blue!” He looked down. “Come on, I can’t breathe!” he laughed. The grub seemed to understand and crawled onto Broken’s belly. “Heheh… You little rascal.”

The 'little rascal' giggled happily before rubbing against Broken’s belly, babbling.

Broken smiled watching his baby brother babble happily.

Blue started nibbling again.

“Heheheh, no-no Blue. Don’t nibble on me.” Broken giggled. Blue looked up and tilted his head, before going back to nibbling. Broken started squirming. He looked at his brother. “Heheheh… c’mon Bluey, stop it.”

He picked up the grub, putting him onto the ground instead of the bed.

“Eh…?”

“No more, bro,” Broken said, smiling.

Blue looked around curiously, as he’d never been on the ground like this. He whimpered, his eyes getting big. He looked up to Broken, before putting his hooves out, hoping Broken would pick him back up.

Broken slid off the bed, and began to relax on the floor until…

“WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!”

Broken jumped a bit. He looked over to his brother. “Blue? What’s wrong?”

“Waaaaaaahahahah!” Blue cried.

Broken picked him back up. “Sorry Blue, I didn’t mean to upset you,” he said, gently nuzzling his brother.

“Waaaaah… waaaaah…” Blue started to nuzzle his brother back, although he was still a bit scared.

Broken sat him on the bed, where he was more comfortable at. “Here, I’ll get down first.” He sat back down on the floor. “See? It’s not scary.”

Blue tilted his little head. He watched as Broken crawled across the ground. He then crawled over to some stone blocks. “See, look!”

Blue crawled to the edge of the bed, still watching his brother. Broken showed him the blocks and began stacking the blocks into a small tower. “Wanna play, brother?”

The little grub happily clapped his hooves. Broken smiled and picked Blue up; carefully setting Blue onto the ground next to the blocks. The baby picked up a block, nibbling on it with his little blue fangs.

Broken smiled while shaking his head. “Don’t bite too hard, Blue.” He sat down next to Blue, showing him how to play with the blocks. Blue watched, and took the block he had and put it on top of another.

“Yeah, just like that!” Blue happily clapped his hooves, before reaching for the tower. “Be careful, bro. Easy..”

“Eh…?”

He touched the tower with a hoof. It leaned forward, and eventually fell down.

“...Waaaaaaaah!” Blue cried again.

“It’s okay Blue. We can rebuild it.”

“Waaah…” he hiccuped

Broken gave him a block. “See?”

Blue went back to babbling. Broken smiled, watching his brother play with the blocks. Blue gurgled and giggled. Broken walked over to a table, where a tiny plush sat. Heh. I think Thorax has one of these. He grabbed it and brought it over to Blue. “Here. Made it just for you.”

“Bah..?”

“You like it?” Broken gave the small plush to Blue. Blue looked at it curiously. He nibbled on it a bit, then he nuzzled it. Broken smiled. “Knew you’d love it.”

Blue giggled and laughed as he hugged the toy. He tossed the plush up and down, trying to catch it as best he could. “Heheheh!”

“It seems someone’s having fun.”

They turned around. There stood a surprisingly happy Chrysalis holding a little grub of her own.

“Bahbah!” Blue babbled at the sight of the Queen.

Chrysalis smiled before letting her little grub down to play with Blue.

Blue looked at the grub, who had dark magenta eyes.

“Bahbab?” he babbled curiously.

“Heheh!” she giggled, gently tapping his nose.

“Heheh!” he giggled happily as she tapped his nose.

They both babbled excitedly, beginning to nuzzle each other.

“Her name’s ‘Kydra’ right?” Broken asked.

Chrysalis nodded. “Yes. I wanted to know if you could watch her while I handle some business.”

“What sort of business?” the young one-winged nymph asked.

“We’re planning to turn the old abandoned tunnel system into a military academy,” she explained.

“That’s fascinating.” Broken then felt the grubs crawling against his legs.

“It is. I just don’t want her to get lost in the tunnels… I better get going, though,” she said, turning to leave.

“Okay. You can count on me.”

“Heheheh!” the two grubs giggled.

Broken looked at the two grubs climbing on his legs. “Heh… heheh!”

“Okay. Thank you.” She walked away, leaving the three changelings alone.

“Hehe… okay guys. Time to get off now,” Broken said, smiling a bit. Blue and Kydra didn’t listen and tried crawling into Broken’s leg holes. “Ack! No! Guyssss!” He fell backfirst onto his bed, his legs quivering. “You guys can barely fit in there!”

He looked down to see them trying to squeeze their way in. He picked them up and plopped them onto the bed. He looked at them. “What do you guys wanna do?” he asked, as if thinking they’d respond.
Blue tumbled around on the blanket, while Kydra chewed her hoof.

“Huh. Good idea?” Broken said, a bit confused. They looked at him. He bent down to Blue. “Say ‘Blue Fang’,” he said.

Nothing.

He looked at Kydra. “Say ‘Kydra’,” he said.

“Boo Fang,” she said.

He looked at Blue.

“Kydwa.”

“... Close enough…” He chuckled, before feeling one of them nuzzling the bottom of his back hoof. “Hehehehe, guys! Who’s doing that?” He looked down to see. He saw Kydra nibbling on his belly, meaning Blue was on his hoof.

“Trying to gang up on me?” The nymph giggled. Kydra stared at him before playfully nibbling on his belly again.

His hind hoof twitched. Thankfully, Blue’s nuzzles weren’t enough to make him kick his leg out, but it still tickled nonetheless. Blue then used his tiny hooves to lightly scratch at the underhoof.

“Blue! What are you doing?” Broken giggled. Kydra crawled over to Broken’s neck and nibbled there. “Guys!” He picked up Kydra and Blue. “Okay guys, that’s enough.” he giggled. He grabbed the blocks and plush. “Here guys, play with these.”

Ky went for the blocks, Blue took the plush. Blue continued throwing his plush until he accidentally threw it off the bed.

“Eh!” Blue said, reaching for it.

“I got it,” Broken said, walking over to it.

Kydra looked at Blue, who looked sad. She then passed him some of the blocks. Blue babbled happily.

“Aww.” Broken smiled. He grabbed the little plush, and then realized how fond these two have grown on each other. He took the plush over to his table.

The two baby grubs started playfully wrestling on the bed. Broken looked at them every so often to make sure they wouldn’t get hurt.

After a while, Ky was on top of Blue.

Broken smiled. “Come on Blue. You can do better than that.”

Blue didn’t seem to mind. He seemed to be mesmerized by Kydra violet eyes, which was rather odd for a baby changeling. Broken wondered what he was doing, and thinking.

Kydra then attacked him with nuzzles.

Blue started giggling and squirming a bit. “Heheheheheh!”

“Heheh!” She giggled back as she continued to attack him with her nuzzles.

Broken smiled as they giggled. “Cute.” He looked at his table. “Done.” He got up and walked over to the little grubs.

They looked curiously. He pulled out two plushies, one of Blue, the other of Kydra. “Here.”

“Aaah! Hehehehahah!” Kydra cuddled her Kydra plushie.

Blue on the other hoof playfully tussled with his Blue Fang plushie. “Heheh!”

“Glad to see you guys like them.” Broken smiled.

He remembered being taught how to make plushies. He’d been about four or maybe just turning five when he learned his little hobby. Chrysalis helped him every step of the way. From sewing and stitching, to painting and fluffing.

Broken chuckled to himself. He never thought of Chrysalis ever knowing how to sew. Heck, he never thought of her sewing plushes. But then again, she’s been around since before Luna’s banishment, so maybe that’s why.

He heard one of the nymphs yawning. He watched as they started curling up into sleeping positions.

“Bahbah...” Blue babbled tiredly.

“Look at who’s all tuckered out.” Broken picked up the babies and gently started to rock them.

“Aah…” Baby Kydra cooed.

“Shh, shh.” He gently rubbed her head. He smiled and continued gently rocking them.

Soon enough, both grubs were almost fast asleep. He smiled and put them into bed.

Blue smiled. “Bah...bah… boh...kehn.”

Broken barely held back a loud cheer. Baby Blue said his name! He grinned.

Then Blue snuggled up to Kydra. “K..Kydwa…”

“Boo fang...” she replied, snuggling up with him.

Broken snickered watching the two. “Heh.” He laid next to them, smiling, before falling asleep himself.

Chrysalis walked in a few minutes later. She smiled, before letting the three continue their sleep.